Last day of transfer window any deals in or out ???

11 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

Or...nobody has actually offered to buy any of our players...at any price.

Or teams know that we're fizzed with FFP and are likely to be more fizzed come the summer, so think they'll have our pants down in regards prices then rathjer than pay over the odds now

59 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Feel a bit sorry for DC gone from saint to sinner in 3 years. Wish he would take a back seat and employ someone to run the club who understands english football and has a proven track record in the financial side.Dont think the Belgian lady is the person for this role.

its not as complicated as that regarding this situation though, if he doesn't sell anyone this window and we find ourselves under an embargo, then DC wants us to be under an embargo, a shield of an excuse not to spend any money on players.

I could forgive him that, lord knows hes lost enough, but this club 1867 nonsense I would not forgive him for, trying to make out fans can make a difference spending their hard earned money, while he sits back knowing all they are really doing is keeping a bit of extra pocket money in his accounts.

Its unforgivable that he would dare.

And I don't buy the "no ones made offers" .. If DC was trying to raise funds, he could sell players. It is as simple at that. If he decides selling players below market value isn't going to be enough, fair enough! Just don't have the bloody cheek to ask the fans to try help out with this "family" " all in it together" nonsense.

Edited by keepitsteel89

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

The lack of outgoings is more concerning than nobody coming in.  We know we can't spend, but we also know that FFP is going to get us in the summer unless we raise cash but there's been absolutely no movement on that front. Hopefully somebody with cash to burn will panic later this afternoon and offer big money for Reach but I doubt it.  If Chansiri is still expecting Club 1867 to get us out of the hole I despair.

No club has cash to burn in the championship, they’re all hamstrung by FFP.

And it’d be a surprise if there’s any premier league interest in any of our players

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nilsson said:

No club has cash to burn in the championship, they’re all hamstrung by FFP.

And it’d be a surprise if there’s any premier league interest in any of our players

Yeah I was hoping (beyond hope!) that maybe a lower Prem club may feel the need to bolster their squad for the run in and remember Reach for the goals he's scored - maybe somebody like Burnley or Cardiff.

If we don't sell in this window it could mean us being unable to bring in anybody at all in the summer if we're under another embargo.

34 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Or teams know that we're fizzed with FFP and are likely to be more fizzed come the summer, so think they'll have our pants down in regards prices then rathjer than pay over the odds now

If we've already been fizzed by ffp in the summer, and can't replace the players, then what's the point in selling them then?

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yeah I was hoping (beyond hope!) that maybe a lower Prem club may feel the need to bolster their squad for the run in and remember Reach for the goals he's scored - maybe somebody like Burnley or Cardiff.

If we don't sell in this window it could mean us being unable to bring in anybody at all in the summer if we're under another embargo.

But crucially, we'll still keep our good players.

If we sold Reach now for example there's still a good chance we'd be under an embargo anyway with no chance of replacing him.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

But crucially, we'll still keep our good players.

If we sold Reach now for example there's still a good chance we'd be under an embargo anyway with no chance of replacing him.

None of us know the exact situation other than the hints from Chansiri at the forum. But even if we sold Reach and still slightly breached the FFP limit it may be that we got away without a full embargo because we were making steps to rectify the situation - whereas the EFL aren't likely to give us the benefit of the doubt if it looks like we couldn't even be arsed to make up the deficit.

43 minutes ago, GibKev said:

Just think he will give each player until the rest of the season to prove their worth and then use his contacts to bring in proven Championship players.

Is that a luxury we can afford, given the wages of some of these fringe players?

27 minutes ago, alanharper said:

None of us know the exact situation other than the hints from Chansiri at the forum. But even if we sold Reach and still slightly breached the FFP limit it may be that we got away without a full embargo because we were making steps to rectify the situation - whereas the EFL aren't likely to give us the benefit of the doubt if it looks like we couldn't even be arsed to make up the deficit.

Full embargo or not.

The EFL can't force us to sell players. 

In theory they can't do anything except put restrictions in us for signing players.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Fine is here nor there.

Points would be an extreme case and could be argued in court that it is unfair and against sporting competitions. Anything over 10 points that is.

If fine is here nor there and points deduction is sort of worst case scenario. 

Then perhaps that's why Chansiri ain't to bothered about selling our good players for peanuts.

2 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

IF no one leaves... my opinion of DC will be downgraded even more. Not that he would give a **** 

If hes asking us to dig deeper to help out, why isn't he doing his bit as well, especially seen as his bit is the only bloody bit that will make a difference 

If somebody won't take a player why is it his fault? 

11 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Get with the programme fella,today of all days is the day to stick the boot in.

18 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

If somebody won't take a player why is it his fault? 

If he wanted to sell players he could, it may be for less than their market value. But if hes asking fans to help out regarding FFP then he must be willing to make an effort as well.

Its like a man saying to his wife and kids that they can go on holiday to Florida if they all chip in, forfeit their pocket money, save up their wage from a part time job and raise £400 in 2 months, and he will then sell one of the two cars he bought to raise the other £5000.

It gets to the end of the 2 months, the wife and kids have put in their £400, but the car is not sold.. dose he then give them their money back? Money they worked hard for and sacrificed to give him? No..he says.. you cant have your money back. I tried to sell the car and failed, thats just life.

The thing is in this case, I don't think the man was ever planning to sell that car. There wasn't ever going to be a holiday. And that money they gave him, is now his.

I'll let that analogy sink in

Edited by keepitsteel89
  • Haha 2