16 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Because we lost to Chelsea with 50 million pound players on pitch seriously. 

wrong

was done when we didn't get a shot on target against hull

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

17 hours ago, Bukta said:

Any idea who threw the goggles? A six o’clock kick off in London and one of our fans just happened to have a pair of swimming goggles on them. The mind boggles.

were they blue goggles?

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, steelowl said:

were they blue goggles?

Brilliant mate.

16 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Millwall are my local side and I’ve been to the Den countless times when it’s not clashed with Wednesday. 99% of their fans just want to watch the football, sadly there is a very unpleasant minority which I’m sure the club will deal with swiftly. 

Not useful to make sweeping generalisations about a club or fan base. Millwall are in one of the most deprived areas of the country and do a lot of community work, something that was recognised in 2017 when they won family club of the year at the EFL awards. 

A few years ago my mate was given the job of pub landlord at the wat Tyler pub in kidbrook , I visited him for the weekend , and it really opened my eyes to Problems football suffers from. Basically on sat from 10 am it just filled with Millwall fans ,I sat and listened while supposed Millwall fans were being dispersed around different parts of London to ( I presume ) clash with rival fans . Not once did I here any chat about who they were playing. Now I no all clubs will suffer from hooligans and I have witnessed enough with England in the late 80's and 90's , but this was a different level.

19 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Brilliant mate.

:biggrin:suspect only a few of us know of said moniker

• Agree 1

I have something on... or obviously i would have been going....:cool:

apologies 

Edited by steveger

17 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Millwall are my local side and I’ve been to the Den countless times when it’s not clashed with Wednesday. 99% of their fans just want to watch the football, sadly there is a very unpleasant minority which I’m sure the club will deal with swiftly. 

Not useful to make sweeping generalisations about a club or fan base. Millwall are in one of the most deprived areas of the country and do a lot of community work, something that was recognised in 2017 when they won family club of the year at the EFL awards. 

I’ve heard this quite a lot about Millwall and yes the club apparently do a lot for their community.

However, they’re not the only club with a deprived catchment area. Yet, they cause an infinite amount of trouble as a proportion of their support. All clubs have their knuckle draggers, and that certainly includes us, but they attract them in droves (like Leeds do). In fact they revel from the fear factor created by their fans.

IMO, there’s much more that could be done from the club, football league and FA about their fans but they seem to get an easy time of it.

• Agree 3

Where's Manchester owl, moaning that TPP is a closed shop, here you go one for the hard-core true fans 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, southportdc said:

You're not a real TrueFan unless you hang out on the streets singing 'We Hate Millwall'

That wee pipe deserved what he got and more.

• Agree 2

That video is from a couple of years back, not the Everton game. 

Everton fan at work went Saturday said it was mental. All kept in at the end, which allowed Millwall to get organized outside. 

He also made a good point about Millwall. Every teams nutters goes to this fixture. Its not just Millwall fans. 

• Agree 3

I’ll be there with my HalfNHalf Chelsea scarf. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, vulva said:

That video is from a couple of years back, not the Everton game. 

Everton fan at work went Saturday said it was mental. All kept in at the end, which allowed Millwall to get organized outside. 

He also made a good point about Millwall. Every teams nutters goes to this fixture. Its not just Millwall fans. 

Whats the attraction to the Everton game to attract other fans ?

Treating the wife to a night out in south bermondsey this must be the most expensive match i  go to two night hotel stay train and a show but its worth it 

Millwall away is a fairly unique experience but I’ve never seen any bother there at all. If you travel in by train it’s safer than the average away day. 

Its probably helped by being a Tuesday night each time. 

On 28/01/2019 at 19:43, Albertowl said:

6000 and loads who couldn’t get tickets for a 6 o’clock kick off, live in telly at Chelsea. Fantastic support, and we were fantastic!

So who’s going Millwall a fortnight tomorrow then? 10 priority points going begging.....

I’ll be there 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, darloowl1967 said:

Treating the wife to a night out in south bermondsey this must be the most expensive match i  go to two night hotel stay train and a show but its worth it 

Stay in Waterloo lots to do in a nice part of town

On 29/01/2019 at 08:38, TheEnchanter said:

Its nice that we get to play them on a midweek for a change... its not like its the 9th time in a row or anything. Spooky. 

Historically has always been trouble hence midweek 

that video was at Spurs away, and it was a couple of Spurs fans singing.

Be buying my tickets today. Been the last few years it's been on a midweek night and never had any bother. 

On 29/01/2019 at 07:32, Carbone said:

By this logic you’d be happy if we lost pretty much every game in the Prem if we got there then because just about every team would have a more expensive squad than us?

We were poor on Sunday, we shouldn’t just give the players a free pass because it was Chelsea. Disappointing how often our players passed backwards and us not making any subs until it was too late. Chelsea were there to be got at, especially in the first half. Wednesday of 2015-16 would have gone there and competed.

Like they did against Hull? I think sometimes you've just got to admit, we're not good enough.