Miwaw

17 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Millwall are my local side and I’ve been to the Den countless times when it’s not clashed with Wednesday. 99% of their fans just want to watch the football, sadly there is a very unpleasant minority which I’m sure the club will deal with swiftly. 

Not useful to make sweeping generalisations about a club or fan base. Millwall are in one of the most deprived areas of the country and do a lot of community work, something that was recognised in 2017 when they won family club of the year at the EFL awards. 

I’ve heard this quite a lot about Millwall and yes the club apparently do a lot for their community.

However, they’re not the only club with a deprived catchment area. Yet, they cause an infinite amount of trouble as a proportion of their support. All clubs have their knuckle draggers, and that certainly includes us, but they attract them in droves (like Leeds do). In fact they revel from the fear factor created by their fans.

IMO, there’s much more that could be done from the club, football league and FA about their fans but they seem to get an easy time of it.

That video is from a couple of years back, not the Everton game. 

Everton fan at work went Saturday said it was mental. All kept in at the end, which allowed Millwall to get organized outside. 

He also made a good point about Millwall. Every teams nutters goes to this fixture. Its not just Millwall fans. 

11 hours ago, vulva said:

That video is from a couple of years back, not the Everton game. 

Everton fan at work went Saturday said it was mental. All kept in at the end, which allowed Millwall to get organized outside. 

He also made a good point about Millwall. Every teams nutters goes to this fixture. Its not just Millwall fans. 

Whats the attraction to the Everton game to attract other fans ?

On 29/01/2019 at 07:32, Carbone said:

By this logic you’d be happy if we lost pretty much every game in the Prem if we got there then because just about every team would have a more expensive squad than us?

We were poor on Sunday, we shouldn’t just give the players a free pass because it was Chelsea. Disappointing how often our players passed backwards and us not making any subs until it was too late. Chelsea were there to be got at, especially in the first half. Wednesday of 2015-16 would have gone there and competed.

Like they did against Hull? I think sometimes you've just got to admit, we're not good enough. 

21 hours ago, PeteG_1984 said:

I’ve heard this quite a lot about Millwall and yes the club apparently do a lot for their community.

However, they’re not the only club with a deprived catchment area. Yet, they cause an infinite amount of trouble as a proportion of their support. All clubs have their knuckle draggers, and that certainly includes us, but they attract them in droves (like Leeds do). In fact they revel from the fear factor created by their fans.

IMO, there’s much more that could be done from the club, football league and FA about their fans but they seem to get an easy time of it.

I agree about that fear factor. I went to Millwall v Scunny play off final at Wembley, won a ticket (have a mild interest in sunny.) Me and mate walked around Wembley and were confronted 3 times with Millwall fans shouting in our faces. Police everywhere but felt quite unsafe. Horrible atmosphere, wouldn't wanna go there especially with kids. Leeds very similar!!!

Its beyond football with Millwall, yea I know we all have some, they take it to a different level.

Ive been 3 times, twice to the old den, one a night game in the 70's....no fun whatsoever...although nothing really happened, but caged in on one end with about 200 Wednesday wasn't ideal the place reeks menace.

Those days the coaches dropped you wherever and if you went for a drink, it had to be a fair way from the Den, so then you trekked back.

They could tell you were from Sheffield simply by the way you dressed in those days...

For the big games....like the one last week the lot of 'em tip up...Sheffield Wednesday on a Tuesday night?..They are probably hardly mithered.

I doubt they will ever be any different...they enjoy, or a lot of them, enjoy the reputation, and they pick the games to enhance it

2 hours ago, briggowl said:

Like they did against Hull? I think sometimes you've just got to admit, we're not good enough. 

Correct, we didn’t turn up against Hull and we didn’t turn up against Chelsea, and if we played how we did for most of 15-16 against Hull we’d have given them a better game too, so you agree with me.

Saying “we’re not good enough” I still think is a lazy excuse, it’s basically saying no player is responsible for how they perform if the opposition is better. I can buy that if our players miss chance after chance and more clinical players finish against us. Whilst we will often play teams better than us, should we just say well they’re better every time we lose 3-0 and let players off who make mistakes? I’m not saying criticise everything for the sake of it, but we were just crap the other night against a team that was there to be got at. 

Edited by Carbone

On 28/01/2019 at 22:58, owls maniac said:

Millwall are my local side and I’ve been to the Den countless times when it’s not clashed with Wednesday. 99% of their fans just want to watch the football, sadly there is a very unpleasant minority which I’m sure the club will deal with swiftly. 

Not useful to make sweeping generalisations about a club or fan base. Millwall are in one of the most deprived areas of the country and do a lot of community work, something that was recognised in 2017 when they won family club of the year at the EFL awards. 

Millwall average what 13k?  sorry, but they have a lot more than 130 idiots, i'd be putting that figure at least 10%