Joost Van Aken

5 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Be interesting to see an excellent ex defender work with him... he'll soon work out if he can be coached or not.

The guy turns like a barge, he is shybo, if you can’t do the basics no amount of coaching will change that.

Better chance of winning lottery than this guy being any good.

5 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Can't see him playing being 5th choice center back.

Could try him in midfield alongside Hutchinson and give Bannan more of a free role.

agree ventured this last year  he has an eye for a forward pass if not defending 

5 hours ago, mrgund said:

This is like on Football Manager when you sign a player before fully scouting him but you saw some high teens maybe an odd 20 in there and thought you know what this guy looks good and you buy him and yeah he is a bit expensive but when you get him to the club you see the hidden attributes and some of them are 4's and 5's and maybe a 7 at a push and you think okay that didn't go to plan.

Football Manager is about the depth of some posters football knowledge on here...it has a lot to fokkin' answer for

6 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Can't see him playing being 5th choice center back.

Could try him in midfield alongside Hutchinson and give Bannan more of a free role.

Seriously? What’s it with our fans thinking a player that’s never played in central midfield in his professional career can just slot in and play there. It’s totally different to pinging a ball when you have time and space after receiving it from the keeper. 

Play players in in their best position and make the best team possible. This also annoys me with England playing the best individuals and not the best team. Southgate finally seemed to sort that so hopefully Bruce can do the same with us. 

5 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Football Manager is about the depth of some posters football knowledge on here...it has a lot to fokkin' answer for

You know that clubs use the Football Manager database to scout players, right? A valuable and reliable resource.

I imagine managers have a special edition and they have it always loaded up on their computer screens in their office at the training ground.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, handworth52 said:

if anyone was to go out on loan id like it to be him. he needs to play regular .send him to Rotherham play every week and he will be much better for us next season or we could sell him. at min he is unsellable .if we paid 4 million for him we have been shafted.

Why would Rotherham want him ? 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
19 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Will not leave on loan or permanent this window, according to the player’s agent (https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-joost-van-aken-s-agent-rules-out-loan-move-for-owls-defender-1-9561179). If he can improve on his defending, then I think he could be a good player at this level, and we may need him next season if Hector leaves and we are again restricted by FFP.

He’s awful! In my opinion, he’s SIXTH choice. Hector, Lees, Thorniley, Pudil and even Hutch at cb are all way above him.

To think, we spunked a reported 4 million on him too. You couldn’t make it up.

20 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I was desperate for us to keep Venancio and get rid of this guy. However, DCs method of financial planning put paid to that. 

MASSIVE loss to us if you ask me personally. After only a couple of games watching him you could see he's an excellent defender and for me, this guy should have been signed and made captain. Very capable player and would have been a massive asset for us.

Instead its a right utter f*ck up by CC and DC .. shambolic.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Why would Rotherham want him ? 

I don't care where he goes but he needs minutes on the pitch or we are going have another abdi on our books where he will run his contract down while getting a big fat wodge for doing f**k all.  he is still young enough ,if he plays regular for rest of season he might be an asset for us next season ,or we would have a much better chance of offloading him in the summer , we cant ever in the future have any players on our books who are virtually unplayable . every club in league 1 and some lower ones like rotherhams entire wage bill is less than our list over the last 12 months or so of unavailable players through injuries or just not been picked. 

4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

MASSIVE loss to us if you ask me personally. After only a couple of games watching him you could see he's an excellent defender and for me, this guy should have been signed and made captain. Very capable player and would have been a massive asset for us.

Instead its a right utter f*ck up by CC and DC .. shambolic.

well you know why the clown carlos wont ever get another job in this country , I think its common knowledge that he messed us up and signed player after player who he either wouldn't pick or ended up been a poor signing . along with his awful tactics.