Alex Bruce Tweet

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

They both need to issue a very public appology and just say they weren’t fully aware of the situation. 

Easy way out for them.

They are pundits on the BBC and should be fully aware of the Bruce family situation before saying he would be over in a flash had it been  Man Utd calling.

Ex Chelski Ex Liverpool ...had to be expected to get a dig at an ex Man Utd player.

1 hour ago, owls7 said:

Yeah not sure why they said Wednesday fans want the manager in now. We understand what Bruce has gone through and I think the chairman has shown a great side to him allowing Bruce to do what he's done and I for one think he will be worth the wait.

Considering he will get nothing from the transfer window i think it would have been better all round if he started in the summer. Let Agnew and Clemence sort it until then. More time for him and looks far better to the fans overall.

I thought Gullit and Murphy came across as a right couple of tw ats. As has been said though, that might not have been obvious to viewers not in the know about the facts.

I am proud of the club for accepting what Bruce wanted and proud of Bruce for honouring his promise to his family. Real Wednesday values. WAWAW!

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Like 2

What bugs me about Murphy was his first comment about Bruce, 

'Hes ex sheff utd for a start'  trying to make an issue out of something that isnt there.

there is no issue because when he went to the pigs, they was offering him his first opportunity to learn his trade.

He comes to us with bags of experience, contacts, and four promotions from this division.. fanx sheff utd

I'm to old to tweet - so taken the old Barry Took road and email the BBC:

At approx 1750 both Danny Murphy & Rudd Gullit made offensive, incorrect and unfounded comments about Steve Bruce, shortly to be SWFC manager.

Steve Bruce has recently had time out of football having lost both his parents last year. SWFC and Steve Bruce have agreed that he takes up his managerial role at SWFC on 1st Feb, which has been widely publicised and acknowledge and respected by fans of SWFC for the above reasons.

Neither Danny Murphy, Rudd Gullit or the BBC presenter Gabby Logan failed to acknowledge this throughout the discussion leading to a totally distorted view of the situation. Only Alex Scott cared to defend Steve Bruce in this poor episode of broadcasting.

Steve's son Alex has released a strongly critical tweet on the event tonight which has been supported be one of your other football pundits, Ian Wright.

I feel the BBC owe the Bruce family an apology.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

Who cares what they think anyway?! The agreement is between DC & Bruce, and his personal life is private. Gullit & Murphy should keep their ignorance to themselves. 

The presenter (was it Gabby Logan as others have said?) also said the cricket was on "his bucket list" which caused some mirth from Danny Murphy so it is pretty obvious none of them have any idea about the situation as I thought it was on his father in law's bucket list and he promised he would take him to a Test. The main presenters are supposed to quell anything which may be disrespectful or contentious but in this instance this comment only encouraged Murphy and Gullitt. Very shoddy, disrespectful and unprofessional.from all concerned apart from Alex Scott.

The additional Man Utd comment from Gullitt is totally out of order under the circumstances and Murphy saying the fans don't want it and the club are wrong to approve it is plain wrong. If I were those two I would be totally embarrassed by my ignorance but I suppose the match fee will make them feel it was worth it.

It's one thing being an ill-informed idiot down the pub etc, but they were on live television and work in football. Really poor to not have done their research beforehand. 

As for Gullit's stupid point about Manchester United, I don't see how it would have made any difference. Bruce had made a promise to a relative and would have asked to keep it. Ultimately it's down to the club whether they allow it. We don't even know if it was a deal breaker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is what winds me up about the BBC. It was the same for the Swansea match last season. They don't bother doing any research on the lower league side. Laziness for a job that is well-paid. Mark Lawrenson asked his co-commentator during the games which Wednesday players were frozen out. Amateur stuff.

The BBC are embarrassing. 

Agree. Somebody who knows Wednesday should have been there eg Waddle. BBC has pals for all panels they put on even for politics.

Spot on

Piisspoor journalism at it's best.

Weak research on what was clearly a well known issue.

Also weak again when the commentator discussed KW return to side as a result of Agnew.

POOR