Alex Bruce Tweet

I think Gabby Logan also needs to take some responsibility here. Why did she need to introduce the discussion about us with reference to Steve Bruce. She should have said Agnew is the interim boss and has achieved x, y, z setting things up for when SB arrives.

Then she let Gullit bully Alex. Gabby should have stopped Gullit and told him let Alex speak.

Gullit showed himself up as a mysogynistic bully.

And Murphy's still a 1st class canute. His comments today do nothing to change that

3 hours ago, sturutter said:

Now that it's pretty certain that neither of them knew the details, I think Gullit has every right to feel very let down by the laziness of the  BBC here.

I mean, he would still have come across as an arrogant clown, but it's unfair for him to be known as an arrogant clown who criticised someone whilst knowing that their parents had died.  He didn't know.

Murphy not knowing the details as an English pundit with other punditry jobs is a bad black mark against him. But, Gullit? I'm not sure. He's there in the role of a big name, a Chelsea legend; is it that bad of him not to know the details of managerial appointments in the Championship?

He will come away thinking "the BBC have made me look awful by not briefing me on the one important issue here," and -talking over a woman and everything else aside- I think he has every right to feel like that. 

I don't blame Owlstalk for my Ill informed ... uncalled for posts.

You could be on to something!...you prawn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm sure they would have been apprised of the details at sometime during the broadcast....Easy as f.ook at half time or full time to say

"Sorry about that I mispoke...I didn't realise the circumstances"

At one bit to be fair to alex Scott she said something like "Under the circumstances...." but hardly got time to finish cos Gullit talked over he in quite a condescending manner...which is funny because there seemed only to be Alex Scott who had done anything like research.

Danny murphy on Talksport this morning had obviously asked for the chance to explain himself....Have a listen to it...

He starts off talking about several subjects that have no connection with the game...but says things like

"As far as I know"..and  "without being in the know about the subject..."...I honestly knew what was coming...It was obviously set up for him...

Then Jim white says ...I paraphrase

"Just before we go to a break Danny, could you explain the comments made about Steve Bruce at the weekend"

Danny murphy then...could have apologised saying he was unaware of the reasons behind Steve Bruces delay"

He doesn't

He admits he was unaware, but his comments were simply about what "Sheffield Wednesday supporters might think"...I pulled into a lay by and phoned the station..I was f.ookin' fuming....

I thought "F.ook me...Ive bought Jordan Rhodes, Sold f.ookin' Jack hunt..now I#m getting this f.ooker pinned on me"

Couldn't get through....They had no desire anyway...thats why they shoved it in just before a break.

Murphy simply dodged apologising

If you got through and said you wanted to talk about Man Utd's unbeaten run they would've put you on. Then the airwaves are yours to address the point with Murphy.

The story made the excellent Guardian weekly David Squires cartoon......

Screenshot_20190129-234950_Guardian.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

It was making a huge deal out of the situation and Gullit trying to make Alex Scott look stupid by saying 'It wouldn't happen at Man Utd etc'. Felt for her as she had clearly done her research into what has happened. She also explained this to Gullit and Murphy who ignored her on live television. 

No SWFC fan, that I'm aware of has made a big deal out of this once they knew the reasons. They made out like we were up in arms about it. All it takes and it is their job to do some research as pundits, was search the swfc hastag and they would find out we are not angry about it.

It was arrogance and laziness at its highest. 

Gullit referencing it wouldn't happen at Man Utd - is also rubbish - - they hire interim/ caretaker managers until they get the man they want - same as Chelsea. So similar things do happen at highest level. 

There are things a lot more important than football and it actually makes me like Bruce more for standing up for his values.  

yeah, they just assumed we had a problem with it, which is odd

it's weird in a way they were almost fighting our corner, but instead made us out as the bad guys because they didn't understand the situation - OK they made a mistake, but in the apology it was still made out to be our fault even though we don't have a problem with it

Edited by jomaco

Crap reply from the BBC 

Thanks for contacting us about our coverage of the Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup match. 

We’re sorry that you were offended by the comments Danny Murphy and Ruud Gullit made about Steve Bruce. These were their personal opinions at the time based on the facts around his appointment and not as an attack on Steve personally. Alex Scott in the studio did offer a counter view that family time and life is bigger than football. 

After the programme, Danny did acknowledge that he made the comments “without knowing all the information”.

We hope this explains what happened and we can assure you that our Match of the Day production team have been made aware of your complaint as they take a keen interest in what our audience are saying and use a lot of the feedback to help shape future programmes.

Many thanks again for raising this issue with us, we hope this allays your concerns. 

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jimothy said:

Crap reply from the BBC 

Thanks for contacting us about our coverage of the Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup match. 

We’re sorry that you were offended by the comments Danny Murphy and Ruud Gullit made about Steve Bruce. These were their personal opinions at the time based on the facts around his appointment and not as an attack on Steve personally. Alex Scott in the studio did offer a counter view that family time and life is bigger than football. 

After the programme, Danny did acknowledge that he made the comments “without knowing all the information”.

We hope this explains what happened and we can assure you that our Match of the Day production team have been made aware of your complaint as they take a keen interest in what our audience are saying and use a lot of the feedback to help shape future programmes.

Many thanks again for raising this issue with us, we hope this allays your concerns. 

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Sounds like a factual reply to me 

Thats what happened what did you think they would say  

Dear Sir tha bang on and we're sacking the pair of arseholes

20 minutes ago, Jimothy said:

Crap reply from the BBC 

We don’t really care that you were offended by the comments Danny Murphy and Ruud Gullit made about Steve Bruce. These were their personal opinions at the time based on what they thought were the facts around his appointment and were little more than an attack on Steve personally. Alex Scott in the studio tried to offer a counter view that family time and life is bigger than football, but they Wouldn’t let her get a word in. She is quite fit though.

After the programme, Danny did acknowledge that he made the comments “without knowing all the information”. We acknowldege in fact though he doesn’t know very much really. 

We hope this explains what happened and we can assure you that our Match of the Day production team have been made aware of your complaint as they take a keen interest in what our audience are saying and use a lot of the feedback to help shape future programmes. But as Sheffield Wednesday won’t be on again for a while we don’t really give two hoots what you think really.

Many thanks again for raising this issue with us, we hope this allays your concerns, and Up The Red Devils/Citeh/Gunners etc etc.

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Amended version above....

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimothy said:

Crap reply from the BBC 

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Better than the one I got..

Dear Mr Asteener,

WE do apologise for the inconsiderate remarks made by Mr murphy and Mr Gullit, but you must understand that the two aforementioned are amongst the "bottom" market regarding punditry and we do need to work on a budget.

We  had difficulty with Mr Gullit especially as he thought initially Sheffield Wednesday was a bank holiday and hadn't realised they had played Chelsea before.

WE gave both a crib sheet on Sheffield Wednesdays past glories, but it was in Latin, and they did not have time to take it all in.

Alex Scott was given no information..but like Ruud said ..."She's only a girl..anyway"

So it came as rather a shock that Alex Scott was more up to date with Mr Bruces' situation than either Mr Murphy, or Mr Gullit....cos she actually IS a girl!

WE at the BBC are proud of our in depth knowledge regarding the history of football and i'm sure it will not have passed your notice that we always referred to your team as Sheffield Wednesday..and not saying simply Sheffield ..as we do draw a distinction between yourselves and the other Sheffield team...Hallam.

Yours sincerely 

THe BBC

Edited by asteener1867
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, squonk said:

Sounds like a factual reply to me 

Thats what happened what did you think they would say  

Dear Sir tha bang on and we're sacking the pair of arseholes

I would rather have them executed in the centre circle at half time next week, but I'll settle for 'em being sacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Better than the one I got..

Dear Mr Asteener,

WE do apologise for the inconsiderate remarks made by Mr murphy and Mr Gullit, but you must understand that the two aforementioned are amongst the "bottom" market regarding punditry and we do need to work on a budget.

We  had difficulty with Mr Gullit especially as he thought initially Sheffield Wednesday was a bank holiday and hadn't realised they had played Chelsea before.

WE gave both a crib sheet on Sheffield Wednesdays past glories, but it was in Latin, and they did not have time to take it all in.

Alex Scott was given no information..but like Ruud said ..."She's only a girl..anyway"

So it came as rather a shock that Alex Scott was more up to date with Mr Bruces' situation than either Mr Murphy, or Mr Gullit....cos she actually IS a girl!

WE at the BBC are proud of our in depth knowledge regarding the history of football and i'm sure it will not have passed your notice that we always referred to your team as Sheffield Wednesday..and not saying simply Sheffield ..as we do draw a distinction between yourselves and the other Sheffield team...Hallam.

Yours sincerely 

THe BBC

Does being in the "bottom market" mean Gullit and Murphy are arseholes?

word for word response to my compliant:

bbc_complaints_website@bbc.co.uk <bbc_complaints_website@bbc.co.uk>

1 Feb at 16:41

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

The thing is the BBC, as the broadcaster, are essentially saying the 'pundit' they have employed to offer their personal opinion didn't know all the information to offer an opinion on the 'facts'. 

Well that's ok then. Nothing to see here...
  • Like 1