You’re not Chelsea anymore

12 hours ago, goonan8 said:

Still over 37k there though. Are you saying they are too tired to sing because of a heavy fixture list? They are the same week in and week out. Crap vocal support, simple.

They along with Man City now have very poor vocal support at home.

Liverpool and Spurs are much better vocally.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

do they still sing about mowing the meadow? when they got upto 12 men went to mow the meadow lol when I was younger it was proper proper loud.  

Got to say it used to be bloody annoying but pretty impressive. 

I can remember being sat in the North when they had the whole of the West and they sang It endlessly. 

They’d got themselves well orchestrated. Standing up sitting down and clapping in sequence.

Can’t believe that they’ve laid that to rest if they have. It was pretty unique

Just now, asteener1867 said:

"You're not Chelsea anymore"?

Well its not football anymore is it?

Its left us behind, because its left us behind I hate it for the most part...If we were part of it?..I'm sure i'd be a bit more amicable with it...Its hypocrisy...but thats most football fans.

What isn’t football about it?

They have a better team, better ground, better facilities, in numbers they have better support and are probably paying less than some of our match day prices 

After coming away from the game yesterday I was more annoyed at our club than anything else 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

What isn’t football about it?

They have a better team, better ground, better facilities, in numbers they have better support and are probably paying less than some of our match day prices 

After coming away from the game yesterday I was more annoyed at our club than anything else 

Playing weakened teams in the FA cup...never used to happen...Parachute payments rewarding abject failure..never used to happen...teams dipping in and out of administration...hardly ever used to happen..Massive amounts of money going from TV to the same clubs who already have massive amounts of money...Teams who finish 15 points behind other teams and getting promoted at their expense...never used to happen...

Owt else?

Edited by asteener1867

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Playing weakened teams in the FA cup...never used to happen...Parachute payments rewarding abject failure..never used to happen...teams dipping in and out of administration...hardly ever used to happen..Massive amounts of money going from TV to the same clubs who already have massive amounts of money...Teams who finish 15 points behind other teams and getting promoted at their expense...never used to happen...

Owt else?

We used to have successful steel industry, we used to just have 4 channels on the telly, we used to have to go to the shops to buy things...... the world moves on and so does football 

Wednesday are left in the dark ages and we paying extortionate amounts to be stuck in the past. 

1 minute ago, torres said:

We used to have successful steel industry, we used to just have 4 channels on the telly, we used to have to go to the shops to buy things...... the world moves on and so does football 

Wednesday are left in the dark ages and we paying extortionate amounts to be stuck in the past. 

The rules were not changed for the steel industry, telly nor shops...that was either economic degradation or a natural progression.....

Football is giving millions to clubs that f.ook up.....Sport should simply be a level playing field or its not sport

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The rules were not changed for the steel industry, telly nor shops...that was either economic degradation or a natural progression.....

Football is giving millions to clubs that f.ook up.....Sport should simply be a level playing field or its not sport

Rules are still the same, it’s just economic changes. 

We spent millions more than Huddersfield, we blew it, they are getting the financial rewards now 

Football on a whole has never been better 

19 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Top six premier league clubs have become just another tourist attraction for foreign visitors whilst in the uk.  

That's true. When watching these matches on TV (especially London matches) theres always loads of Japanese tourists, who look like they've just bought every ***** item in the club shop and decided to wear it all.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, torres said:

We spent millions more than Huddersfield, we blew it, they are getting the financial rewards now 

How are the "Rules" still the same...when you used to get f.ook all for being relegated.....Didn't get promoted if you were 15 points offa the top 2...?

The rules have changed mate.....Like I said...If folk can say "Its not Chelsea anymore"...I reckon my argument holds water

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Yes, but the point is that there is now an established elite which clubs like ourselves, Derby, Sunderland, Forest, Pigs won't break into. Whereas when we were promoted in the 1990s we finished the next season in the top three; and a year later Villa and Norwich pressed Man U for the title.

Huddersfield have done well and are getting rewards. But they are not going to get remotely near the top clubs. Ever. Nor are we.

As to spending more than Huddersfield, it is true, but we spent rather less than other clubs who also haven't got promoted. The decisions that have exiled us from the middish table Everton/W Ham kind of spot we could have occupied were taken more than a decade ago

44 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

How are the "Rules" still the same...when you used to get f.ook all for being relegated.....Didn't get promoted if you were 15 points offa the top 2...?

The rules have changed mate.....Like I said...If folk can say "Its not Chelsea anymore"...I reckon my argument holds water

I’m with you on this one pal. I didn’t leave Chelsea last feeling anything but “ thankfuck we aren’t like that”It was like Disneyland. So false. I don’t even like the bloody flags the kids wave when we come out at Hillsboro, so all that testicles with switching the lights for a pyrotechnic show and them daft twats dressed as lions dancing about. 

I guess im just getting old but that’s not what I go to the football for. 

55 minutes ago, torres said:

Couldn’t disagree more. Football has never been worse. Multi millionaires falling about. Sky tv deciding when we will play. I could go on and on but like I say I guess I’m getting old. I want to go to footie with my mates, have a few beers and a laugh, not go to a wine bar and pay twenty six for a burger in Disneyland. 

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Couldn’t disagree more. Football has never been worse. Multi millionaires falling about. Sky tv deciding when we will play. I could go on and on but like I say I guess I’m getting old. I want to go to footie with my mates, have a few beers and a laugh, not go to a wine bar and pay twenty six for a burger in Disneyland. 

There are downsides of course. (Most of Which are the clubs fault) but 

The facilities have never been better for supporters, the pitches are a different world from what they were, the players are at a much better standard and on a whole the games are at a much higher quality 

The wine bar stuff you mentioned is a bit nonsensical 

19 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m with you on this one pal. I didn’t leave Chelsea last feeling anything but “ thankfuck we aren’t like that”It was like Disneyland. So false. I don’t even like the bloody flags the kids wave when we come out at Hillsboro, so all that testicles with switching the lights for a pyrotechnic show and them daft twats dressed as lions dancing about. 

I guess im just getting old but that’s not what I go to the football for. 

As opposed to our sophisticated owls!

• Like 1

What got me were the large flags that they wave at the front of the west stand, when I'd seen it on Tv I'd assumed that it was fans waving them, but no its people in front of the stands stood with them.

This same stand that used to be basically wooden benches with some right rough looking fookers in it.

I'm sure it is progression from what it used to be like (and certainly much friendlier than the 80's) but everything seems so unreal, Manufactured is probably the best description of it, if that's what success in the Premier League is all about then (I never thought I'd say this) then give me the  Championship and genuine spontaneous crowd reaction anytime.

The sterility of (all) grounds started with the all seater Stadium, but the PL and Sky TV's money do seem to have had an even bigger adverse effect to some top clubs than anywhere else.

Man City and Chelsea both used to have some of the most passionate, loud, intimidating fans in the country, now it seems like the prawn sandwich brigade and overseas fans are taking over, whilst the loyal fans who followed them around the country in their "****" days probably can no longer afford to watch them. 

Guess I'm just another whose getting old and grumpy Dinosaur.

Edited by OWL1969

39 minutes ago, torres said:

There are downsides of course. (Most of Which are the clubs fault) but 

The facilities have never been better for supporters, the pitches are a different world from what they were, the players are at a much better standard and on a whole the games are at a much higher quality 

The wine bar stuff you mentioned is a bit nonsensical 

Course it is

its got to be steelworks or tv channels used as a comparison or the argument just doesn't work 

lol