You’re not Chelsea anymore

12 hours ago, Plonk said:

best song of the day. What the cook has happened to football. That’s all

Morning all. Having slept on it I woke up this morning as pi**ed off as I was last night. The fans turned up, as always, but the players didn’t. We never looked like getting near them, gave the ball away as soon as we had any possession, but, what really surprised me is, we were out fought and out muscled for every single ball. I thought a lot would step up because it was live on tv but thought we were very timid.

Dont get me started about the atmosphere and their fans, welcome to the Prem folks, that’s what we’ve got to look forward to IF we are promoted. Not for me thanks, I’d rather stay in the Championship.

33 minutes ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

It was a reserve team for them,would you think twice about going if you was going to see the reserves let alone sing?

Who’s reserve team, ours or theirs? Half of that team play every week. There were over 37k there! It’s the FA cup, it’s nothing like a reserve game. Pi$$ poor support, as it is most of the time there.

I was watching the game on BBC, they did a shot of the manager and I noticed the fans in the crowd were all looking down at their phones. It's sad that they pay to see a game and then spend their time concentrating on any thing but the game.

Absolutely awful support from Chelsea

Suppose they had nothing to get up for though and we were just another minor hurdle

We offered nothing apart from the penalty appeal. If that was given, then it might have changed... but it wasn't so the cosmopolitan lot just carried on sitting on their backsides ..

Think you have to remember football at top clubs especially the London clubs has changed since we were last in Top Division.

In fact atmosphere is a lot different at Hillsborough then it was back then as well. 

Added to fact it was not a big game for Chelsea and not surprised to read home fans were quiet.

Was probably equivalent to Chelsea as it was for us when we played Luton at home in the last round were atmosphere was very quiet.

27 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

Who’s reserve team, ours or theirs? Half of that team play every week. There were over 37k there! It’s the FA cup, it’s nothing like a reserve game. Pi$$ poor support, as it is most of the time 

I would imagine there was a lot of people in that 37k that is the only time they can get hold of a ticket at a reasonable price, probably should have read SallyCinns post first, he hit the " nail on the head".

Edited by BECKS-TO-BUD

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think you have to remember football at top clubs especially the London clubs has changed since we were last in Top Division.

In fact atmosphere is a lot different at Hillsborough then it was back then as well. 

Added to fact it was not a big game for Chelsea and not surprised to read home fans were quiet.

Was probably equivalent to Chelsea as it was for us when we played Luton at home in the last round were atmosphere was very quiet.

As I said earlier Matt, I understand all that. It’s just not football anymore. All the flippingpyrotechnics and stupid dancing characters, the aroma of pizza ( no bovril, even though you enter through the bovril gate! Wtf is that about) even the bloody stewards were nice and polite. I’ve been to Chelsea loads of times and it was a very hostile place to go. Now it’s like going to the bloody theatre. 

I really dont don’t think I want us to be part of this premiership fiasco. Give me the championship every day.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Plonk said:

As I said earlier Matt, I understand all that. It’s just not football anymore. All the flippingpyrotechnics and stupid dancing characters, the aroma of pizza ( no bovril, even though you enter through the bovril gate! Wtf is that about) even the bloody stewards were nice and polite. I’ve been to Chelsea loads of times and it was a very hostile place to go. Now it’s like going to the bloody theatre. 

I really dont don’t think I want us to be part of this premiership fiasco. Give me the championship every day.

Shocking!!! lol

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Animis said:

I think people forget how sheit we are at home - didn't hear much of ours against Luton at home.

We should remember that this was our cup final today. 

Spot on.

They were playing us who are nothing to them, they walked through the game, strolled a 3-0 victory and as you say it was 100 times worse at Hillsborough against Luton 

used to love scraps with the headhunters back in the 80/90's, for the young uns, it's like millwall getting promoted, doing well then becoming like chelsea have now

Chelsea away back in the day was just pure filth for the lads who used to like getting stuck in, West Ham & Millwall were probably on par back then too

Guest The Claw
15 hours ago, theowlsman said:

One man went to mow, went to mow a meadow. One man and his dog, Spot, went to mow a meadow.

not any more, plastic corporate crowd - crap - please don't ever change the Wednesday.

Was in the home end behind the goal, so opposite end to most wednesday fans. 

In fairness they were singing quite a bit where I was, mainly about hating Spurs, or Spurs' lack of trophies recently. Towards the end there was a chant of "you've had your day out, now f**k off home" which made me chuckle. 

Could see Tango's moobs from 100 yards away. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

I used to love scraps with the headhunters back in the 80/90's, for the young uns, it's like millwall getting promoted, doing well then becoming like chelsea have now

Chelsea away back in the day was just pure filth for the lads who used to like getting stuck in, West Ham & Millwall were probably on par back then too

I remember going to Stamford bridge (now just 'the bridge') around 1970, it was cfc v. west 'aaam in the fa cup, proper nawty it was, plenty of action.

7 minutes ago, dnhc said:

I remember going to Stamford bridge (now just 'the bridge') around 1970, it was cfc v. west 'aaam in the fa cup, proper nawty it was, plenty of action.

70's aggro a bit before my time but absolutely loved the mid 80's, early 90's, Chelsea & West Ham my favourite away games, you really had to have each others back in them sort of games, always made me feel proud to be a a part of it all

don't get me wrong I'm happy football has moved on now but I do miss them days, priceless memories 

I bet the old chelsea lads miss them days pre-russian investment too

I think a surprising number of our fans don't understand the scale of the power shift that has occurred in the past decade.

Nor that it's unlikely to be reversed - because frankly the current media deals are redistributive away from the big clubs towards the smaller ones. Man U - Chelsea is a global talking point. Watford - Cardiff is not. As rights become less bundled, the big clubs will gain more.

Not much fun - for us or for the twenty or so clubs like us who in the old days might not always have been in division one, but who could realistically expect periods of strength.