55 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

You lot are so precious with things like this, we are a Championship club and haven't been in the top flight for 20 years, the majority of viewers don't give a throw about us, they are more interested in Chelsea. 

It’s the FA Cup, and in that situation today we were the underdog looking to cause a cupset. As fans of the smaller club you don’t want to be patronised but I think it’s only fair you expect your share of the coverage. You are - or should be - the reason that games on telly in the first place.

The Beebs problem is that they’re second class citizens compared to Sky and BT, and so any opportunity to get “The Big 6” on BBC1, they’re going to take it. And the coverage becomes all about them. 

Honestly for what worth it is listening to Lawro and his baffling, clueless comments about individual players he has no clue about, I’d be OK with them saying nothing.

Wouldn't attribute it to bias, more ignorance. 

The Beeb have little to no interest in lower league sides. They barely did when they had the rights for EFL. 

As a result, the only thing that Murphy and Ruud can comment upon was Steve Bruce going to watch the cricket. A complete non-story, which they used to attack our incoming manager, despite being not fully aware of the facts. 

The only decent pundit (who had seemingly bothered to do any actual research) was Alex Scott, who, more often than not, is head and shoulders above the absolute half wits she has to share a studio with. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Agree 3

Who cares. 

39 minutes ago, Ronio said:

BBC are supposed to be impartial and unbiased.  

lollollol x 10000000000

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mav-erick said:

Chris Waddle , Carlton Palmer , both available for punditry but instead we got a random bird ( she’s good but no affinity to either  tram , and Danny Murphy ( also good bit no affinity)  so a definite bias.  Shame , it’s as if our history counts for nothing in the modern game. It was the Chelsea show , a,though understandable , who gives a poo about us nationally. 

Great at support though , that’s what the premiership lacks, 

I'll have you know that the "random bird" is an FA cup winner.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Stuff the Licence Fee.Not one penny from me :tango:

Careful mate!!TV-detector-van.jpg.ab1e3c1099ab05e9166645ac9a639386.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Mark Lawrence is an absolute Jeb end!!! No other word to describe him...I hope the tails leg drops off tonight!! 

He did say that the team deserved credit for their effort. They worked their socks off he said.

We are worlds apart from the likes of Chelsea,Man City. He was only saying what we all knew. 

We were second best all night and there is no shame in that performance. We were only allowed to play as well as Chelsea allowed us. 

They closed us down.....we didn't

They retained the ball.......we didn't

They had pace all over the pitch....we didn't

They were clinical at finishing.....we didn't get many chances.

We were beaten by a better side.

No surprise. Disappointing yes.

Our tactics need a complete overhaul.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Me scared of them ? Neverlol

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree

No mention that the presenter’s own dad used to manage us

no mention that our fans were fantastic 

just criticising our incoming manager for his decision to take a break from football (after losing both his parents last year)

personally, I think it’s fair to moan about the bbc today. They should be teaching people about football outside the premier league imo. 

This, the pundits in the studio were out of order and deserve sacking imo 

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He did say that the team deserved credit for their effort. They worked their socks off he said.

We are worlds apart from the likes of Chelsea,Man City. He was only saying what we all knew. 

We were second best all night and there is no shame in that performance. We were only allowed to play as well as Chelsea allowed us. 

They closed us down.....we didn't

They retained the ball.......we didn't

They had pace all over the pitch....we didn't

They were clinical at finishing.....we didn't get many chances.

We were beaten by a better side.

No surprise. Disappointing yes.

Our tactics need a complete overhaul.

Complete overhaul is a bit OTT. Based on your comment just about every side knocked out of the cup competitions are poor with poor tactics etc...

the game has changed so much from “the good old days”...upsets are there to be made I ageee but upsets at this stage of the competition rarely happen. The top 5/6 sides all have squads more than good enough to compete for 2/3 different trophies. You only need to look at which teams are in the league cup final and which teams will be in round 5 to know that clubs now take these competitions very seriously.

we worked hard tonight but we got dictated to by a very good side, nothing to do with tactics or application. 

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Stuff the Licence Fee.Not one penny from me :tango:

25 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

But it is there, they are telling you what to do.

If you do as they tell you, you cannot get done can you?

See how many get it :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, MAL said:

But it is there, they are telling you what to do.

If you do as they tell you, you cannot get done can you?

See how many get it :biggrin:

They've been to my doorstep numerous times and have walked away empty handed though i will concede they will keep trying till they get lucky. :tango:

It’s BBC what do you expect by this bunch of tail tugging tuggers they only like London club And the premiership Cause that’s what BBC is just greedy They like the money and where the money lies

Is big clubs in the premiership

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Complete overhaul is a bit OTT. Based on your comment just about every side knocked out of the cup competitions are poor with poor tactics etc...

the game has changed so much from “the good old days”...upsets are there to be made I ageee but upsets at this stage of the competition rarely happen. The top 5/6 sides all have squads more than good enough to compete for 2/3 different trophies. You only need to look at which teams are in the league cup final and which teams will be in round 5 to know that clubs now take these competitions very seriously.

we worked hard tonight but we got dictated to by a very good side, nothing to do with tactics or application. 

That's not true.

There are only 5 prem teams through to next round as a right. I think 2 or 3 with replays. 

Agree with your last comment as highlighted. I have said as much in another thread 

3 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

They've been to my doorstep numerous times and have walked away empty handed though i will concede they will keep trying till they get lucky. :tango:

No, you didn't get my witticism :biggrin:

But, how do you keep getting away with it?

The Beeb didnt give us much if ANY credit when we were a prem club,and if we got back Id expect it to be the same.

2 minutes ago, MAL said:

No, you didn't get my witticism :biggrin:

But, how do you keep getting away with it?

Simple.Don't buy a TV.lol

30 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Simple.Don't buy a TV.lol

I thought it had changed now.

You have to pay, even if you have just a feed into the house.

Doesn't matter if you have a TV or not.

Or have i just been wooooooshed?

1 minute ago, MAL said:

I thought it had changed now.

You have to pay, even if you have just a feed into the house.

Doesn't matter if you have a TV or not.

Or have i just been wooooooshed?

Still won't pay though.Phook them. :tango:

3 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

You are dead right. Without the BBC we would easily have won. 

This is the perfect response!  Why oh why do we care so much about this "media bias" which to my mind doesn't even exist.  Its a small club mentality we need to get out of.

As others have said, we need to produce on the pitch so the media cannot ignore us, until we do that, then yes we will get less exposure than Chelsea!