BBC bias

36 minutes ago, Mav-erick said:

Chris Waddle , Carlton Palmer , both available for punditry but instead we got a random bird ( she’s good but no affinity to either  tram , and Danny Murphy ( also good bit no affinity)  so a definite bias.  Shame , it’s as if our history counts for nothing in the modern game. It was the Chelsea show , a,though understandable , who gives a poo about us nationally. 

Great at support though , that’s what the premiership lacks, 

I'll have you know that the "random bird" is an FA cup winner.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree

No mention that the presenter’s own dad used to manage us

no mention that our fans were fantastic 

just criticising our incoming manager for his decision to take a break from football (after losing both his parents last year)

personally, I think it’s fair to moan about the bbc today. They should be teaching people about football outside the premier league imo. 

This, the pundits in the studio were out of order and deserve sacking imo 

16 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He did say that the team deserved credit for their effort. They worked their socks off he said.

We are worlds apart from the likes of Chelsea,Man City. He was only saying what we all knew. 

We were second best all night and there is no shame in that performance. We were only allowed to play as well as Chelsea allowed us. 

They closed us down.....we didn't

They retained the ball.......we didn't

They had pace all over the pitch....we didn't

They were clinical at finishing.....we didn't get many chances.

We were beaten by a better side.

No surprise. Disappointing yes.

Our tactics need a complete overhaul.

Complete overhaul is a bit OTT. Based on your comment just about every side knocked out of the cup competitions are poor with poor tactics etc...

the game has changed so much from “the good old days”...upsets are there to be made I ageee but upsets at this stage of the competition rarely happen. The top 5/6 sides all have squads more than good enough to compete for 2/3 different trophies. You only need to look at which teams are in the league cup final and which teams will be in round 5 to know that clubs now take these competitions very seriously.

we worked hard tonight but we got dictated to by a very good side, nothing to do with tactics or application. 

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Stuff the Licence Fee.Not one penny from me :tango:

25 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Careful mate!!TV-detector-van.jpg.ab1e3c1099ab05e9166645ac9a639386.jpg

But it is there, they are telling you what to do.

If you do as they tell you, you cannot get done can you?

See how many get it :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, MAL said:

But it is there, they are telling you what to do.

If you do as they tell you, you cannot get done can you?

See how many get it :biggrin:

They've been to my doorstep numerous times and have walked away empty handed though i will concede they will keep trying till they get lucky. :tango:

3 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

They've been to my doorstep numerous times and have walked away empty handed though i will concede they will keep trying till they get lucky. :tango:

No, you didn't get my witticism :biggrin:

But, how do you keep getting away with it?

30 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Simple.Don't buy a TV.lol

I thought it had changed now.

You have to pay, even if you have just a feed into the house.

Doesn't matter if you have a TV or not.

Or have i just been wooooooshed?

3 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

You are dead right. Without the BBC we would easily have won. 

This is the perfect response!  Why oh why do we care so much about this "media bias" which to my mind doesn't even exist.  Its a small club mentality we need to get out of.

As others have said, we need to produce on the pitch so the media cannot ignore us, until we do that, then yes we will get less exposure than Chelsea!

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The direct inference..on national television was that he's lapping up the sun... because he's too uncommitted or too attached to the blades to bothered with us.

And you're not that bothered?

Read my reply again please. I’m saying that I’m not that bothered that there was no pundit with a Wednesday connection. Can I have an acknowledgement and apology please? 

By the way, I was appalled with Murphy’s and Gullitt’s comments but having a Wednesdayite pundit commenting on the game probably would not have stopped those two melts from making the comment. 

Edited by shandypants

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

Read my reply again please. I’m saying that I’m not that bothered that there was no pundit with a Wednesday connection. Can I have an acknowledgement and apology please? 

By the way, I was appalled with Murphy’s and Gullitt’s comments but having a Wednesdayite pundit commenting on the game probably would not have stopped those two melts from making the comment. 

You can have an official soz.