Chelsea - V - Wednesday FA Cup OMDT

Ripping Yarn yet again, a good laugh. Love the shot with the 3 wheelers - so FA cup from the 70’s!

There’s got to be book on this theme Snoots - publish one for next Xmas, I’d buy it.

Hope we give a good account of ourselves. Great support. UTO!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

My brother in law has cheekly sent us a fb post telling us Chelsea will win 10-1 

I think you should cheekily send him some dog poo in the post.

Shame you don't see any good old fashioned white dog poo these days

Something else that's vanished from our lives.

Though it might be a push for me to pin it on Tim Lovejoy. 

A very good day to you all, especially mi’lud, who captures the mood of all football romantics and nostalgics everywhere with today’s OMDT. If nothing else, bringing back crap, poorly-supported Chelsea might increase our chances of winning.

In all likelihood we’ll end up getting swept aside today, as Chelsea don’t make a habit of ballsing up against lower league teams. If we’re to emulate Bradford from a few years ago and produce the shock we all want then we’ve got a hell of a job to do. Mainly got to rely on distraction on their part - the League Cup match on Thursday must have taken it out of them, plus the Hudson-Odoi saga is a stumbling block, not least because he probably won’t be playing today as a result.

Refardless, being among 6,000 Wednesdayites behind the goal will be a joy, and I always enjoy seeing our lads line up against Premier League opposition. That especially applies to players like Bannan and Nuhiu - quite often you find that Premier League teams haven’t a clue what to do with them as their skill sets are pretty unique. Let’s have a repeat of Nuhiu’s goal at the Etihad, without the late collapse preferably. Reach would also be welcome to provide another goal of the season contender.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 0-2 Chelsea

Attendance: 6,000 Wednesdayites, 35,990 tourists and 10 Chelsea “fans” from somewhere in Shropshire.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Ripping Yarn yet again, a good laugh. Love the shot with the 3 wheelers - so FA cup from the 70’s!

There’s got to be book on this theme Snoots - publish one for next Xmas, I’d buy it.

Hope we give a good account of ourselves. Great support. UTO!

The old Invacar! 

The scheme was stopped in 1981 ...

....but many owners refused to give them up so the Government ended up having to ban them and make them illegal on the roads!!

1977-invacar-model-701.jpg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Hudson-Odoi saga is a stumbling block, not least because he probably won’t be playing today as a result.

To be fair I'd be offended by a measly £85,000 pwk offer if I was an 18 year old lad with 10 games under my belt. 

Still he can always blame his agent if it all goes sour, and he's got a big name agent. 

A very big name.

hudson.jpg?w=960

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The old Invacar! 

....but many owners refused to give them up so the Government ended up having to ban them and make them illegal on the roads!!

You can't say sp** chariot anymore.

I say this in the light of a different thread where football violence is vilified and understood in equal measure.

The world has certainly wiped it's mouth since then.

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The old Invacar! 

They needed reflectors on the underside of the car they were so easy to roll!

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Thorniley

Fox

Hutchinson

Bannan

Reach

Matias

Fletcher

Boyd

Subs:

Wildsmith, Baker, Pudil, Pelupessy, Forestieri, Joao, Nuhiu

Pretty convinced Westwood will get the gig in goal for this one, big stage...need experience if you’re going to keep it tight. Dawson is a good prospect but he doesn’t seem to instill confidence and organisation into the back four/five.

8 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Pretty convinced Westwood will get the gig in goal for this one, big stage...need experience if you’re going to keep it tight. Dawson is a good prospect but he doesn’t seem to instill confidence and organisation into the back four/five.

he'll have been in the ear of all the coaches all week saying he wants this one, you can guarantee that.