Chelsea - V - Wednesday FA Cup OMDT

Is Boyd still a footballer.? My god , he slipped , lost possession and looked like he was running in mud  - he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team. Totally out of his depth. 

Can understand and the set up but at least Joao and foresteiri gave us some possession and pace. 

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Yeah, and we're not AFC Wimbledon

The point is that we only had 3 shots... there have been far more one-sided fixtures on paper than this one and the underdogs have universally managed more attacking intent than we did. I never expected us to even come close to winning, but a shot every 30 minutes is just unacceptable.

Newcastle go to the bridge and do this all the time. in fact at most top away grounds. 

We decided that a smash and grab was going to be our best chance of a result today. First half it worked. Just unlucky with pen.

When Joao and Forestieri come on so we could maybe attempt to take the game to them. they showed why we didn't start that way with them as both lost the ball with there first touches on the edge of the box trying to beat a man.

Yes it's frustration we didn't get the ball forward quicker and create more but in some away games this season in the championship we haven't done that so we were never doing it away at Chelsea.

56 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

It's easy to quote a shock performance by a lower league team to make a point but seriously come on. Results like this are the norm it's just you hear more about the shock results.

Some of our fans seriously need to have a word with themselves. We are 17th in the championship for a reason, we are not very good.

Our better players are on a downward spiral, we lack any real quality to beat a team of the quality we just faced. The top premier league teams are on another planet compared to us. Couple that with the fact we are in the middle of a prolonged managerial change and having a poor season it's really not that simple as "having a go". 

It's disappointing and yes we were too cautious but if we had gone at them we would have been exposed and probably got hammered then the moaning would have still been the same.

Lower league teams don't usually win these games and it's no wonder our fans get accused of being deluded reading some of the comments on here tonight.

Sadly, you're right on these points. It's a fine line between hope and delusion...

Coach journey down - ♡

Banter on the coach -♡

A few cheeky sherbets in Notting Hill -♡

The noise of the travelling support off the tube -♡

The fans all game -♡

All ruined by 90 minutes of nothing. Watching SWFC sure spoils a good day out WTF:.

I never expected a victory, but I would have liked us to have a real go at Chelsea, it was a free hit so to speak, but sadly we never really got going.

To all who went, your support was magnificent, and made me proud to support this club. I hope your journeys home were safe and trouble free.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This game shows how desperate we are for some pace in the team. We are so slow . 

we have no pace up top whatsoever, thus when our backs and midfielders get the ball they have to 'play it about' in our half inviting interceptions whilst somebody gets near to fletcher, and they were a very young, very fit side, completely capable of closing us down.

14 hours ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Regardless of effort, our tactics from the start were way too negative. I know its Chelsea, but this could've been very different. 

14 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Yes they are a far better team than us with world class players coming out of their a**ehole but the way we have set up for this game sums up the mentality of our players.

the facts are that with the ability and age of the signings that our club has made since gray's departure has led us to the point of this type of performance.

coco had us open arsed at hillsborough against the pigs, and look what happened. jos was only capable of going there and parking the bus, but it got a point.

it seems anytime we enter into a 'must have' game, we have to be set up with numbers at the back for us to be solid, but we so lack any pace whatsoever up top that we cannot counter, my guess will be bruce will be looking to add pace to the forward line (be on the lookout for a poor man's vardy).

14 hours ago, Mardy Bum said:

Yup. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come, served another season of negative tactics 

a proper managers to come in and sort through the 'assortment' of players and deadwood we have assembled over the last 4 years, and with a few additions try and make us capable of launching a challenge.

he won't be using open arsed cavalry charge tactics for sure, we'll have to be tight at the back, and as heavy handed as possible at the front.

but don't forget the best opportunity was just after dc took over and not a signing at that time had been made. a lot of wrongs have been made since then , that will need correcting.