Chelsea - V - Wednesday FA Cup OMDT

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This.

But

How are we supposed to do that when we can't even do that against teams in the championship. 

Lets be honest we never really dominate anyone. Ever. We win by the odd goal and we scrap along the way. No pace. Its our style. Not being negative by saying that. Its not the fans fault weve spent a few years being drilled into this. 

Our style is to play attritional, scrappy football.

lol

Utterly true.

Edited by Spondon Owl

1 minute ago, Lee A said:

Some folk being too harsh imo 

If not for the penalty, we'd be saying great first half performance, we've dug in and but for a bit of bad luck we'd be level.  Keep it at 1-0, chuck a few attackers on later on you never know. 

What did we really expect? 

Yeah for sure. Think people are comparing it to how similar or worse teams to ours have fared this weekend. E.g wimbledom beating west ham. Much worse teams than ours having more attacking threat. Ultimately it could be worse and we still have a chance. 

A bit of a limp wee pipe performance, not much use to anyone. 

Obviously were going to lose  if 1-0 down and still playing in our own 18 yard box, but at least have a go and try and have a touch of the ball in their half.   

May as well call it a day at HT if this is our game plan

Don't know why we persist with 4141, clear doesn't work 

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Problem is we cannot keep the ball or pass to one of our players.

because they know we don't have any pace up top, and are known for ****ing about with it in our own half, coco and jos tactics,

it'll have to alter, and the 'modern football' lads will have to suck a lemon when it does.

6 minutes ago, darra said:

Haven't read back but for our non penalty how come it was a drop ball and not a corner. Watched it back and Chelsea player got last touch.

5 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

But why a drop ball, the Chelsea player played the ball out.

The Ref gave a penalty so the corner decision was off the cards. The rules of VAR state that if the decision is overturned then it goes back to a drop-ball at the point of the incorrect decision.

Why the drop-ball wasn't contested was down to our players, I guess.

Edited by roaminowl
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, squonk said:

I take it you don't rate Fox then ?

LeeA and i must be watching the same the game because i don't think Fox has done much wrong either 

No mate, I don't have qualms with any Wednesday player and have defended Fox and others in the past if warranted.

I just don't think he's having a half decent game today.

But hey OIMO

1 minute ago, squonk said:

FFS what did you expect ?

The BBC has no interest in any side outside the Prem, they don't even have to pretend that they have now they don't have rights to the Football League 

I think they cared when west ham lost yesterday. They have nothing to say as nothings happened. Need a coffee

The stark contrast and it’s one everyone is aware of even in the Championship, is we lack pace physically and mentally. Decent defensive display first half and well organised but the difference and gap in thought and movement is huge. I think Fox is a reasonable defender but he looks like he’s on another planet out there. 

Edited by Freshfish