Chelsea - V - Wednesday FA Cup OMDT

“I’ll tell you something else Stubbs.”
    “Hmm?”
    “That Eddie Howe.”
    “What about him Sir?”
    “I think he’s an automaton.”
    “What? The Bournemouth manager Sir?”
    “Indeed. They can do all sorts these days. But there’s a giveaway Stubbs. A giveaway”
    “Really Sir...”
    “The mouth Stubbs, the mouth. You watch that mouth when he talks. Top lip never quavers. Not so much as a wibble. Then watch an old Gerry Anderson show. Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds any of those. Then see the similarity” 

DAMN !!..................they're onto me.

Meanwhile at a Bournemouth strategy committee meeting

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF8ymGTuPJ7xUibvgVg_k

Chairman: What's the situation with bringing in the new full back Eddie ?

Captain Scarlet   Eddie:    I'm trying to persuade him to come but I might have to pull a few strings.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Howe does my head in. Have to fast forward when he's on. His mouth is so wrong. 

Mrs Howe : Eddie don't forget your face and your packing up bag. There's a can of Castrol in the fridge too.  Oh, and you've put the wrong wig on, that one's my mother's. 

four13.JPG

• Haha 5

Quality OMDT, really top draw!

We got into London yesterday lunch, so I felt a little delicate when I woke up this morning. I was given the choice* of dry Jan or Veganuary.....so I've just had a remarkably nice vegan fry up to soak up yesterday's booze.

* My better half's definition of choice may not be that of the Oxford English dictionary.

However I'm still feeling a bit sick, but that's just the excitement! I know what my head says the score will be, but bugger that, I'm buzzing. Time for a wash and brush up, and then it's time to head for pre-drinks....I really believe we are going to get something today.

So let's smash them Wednesday!!

UTO's!!

Thank God I'm off tomorrow!!

tenor.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Snoots, that is absolutely the most fantastic, accurate, poignant and unerring articulation of how it feels to be a fan in the warped football  future that we find ourselves living in 2019.

The poignancy of us playing Chelsea of all clubs today is not lost on this 1980s football soul. Every observation you make in today’s OMDT, they all come together to form a brilliant critique of the journey we have taken watching football in to the future.

if it’s any consolation, the very fact that we as fans and our club have hardened our identity as some sort of iconic, failing giant yet with all dreams intact, is to be cherished. 

Our 20 year odyssey through the middle lands of football has seemingly changed our status to a 2 rather than a grand old 1. But I feel sure about this: 

Would I trade Premier Leagues for getting relegated to League 1 for the second time? Probably. 

Would I swap a European Cup for a winding up petition? Of course.

Would I swap a series of FA cup final wins for finally,  like everyone else,  getting a rich chairman and then someone changing the rules? I guess so.

But. Even if we walk out of what used to be Stamford Bridge later tonight having been dismantled by a second roster of stockpiled would be famous footballers, a truth remains. 

Wednesday is is about the Wednesdayites, about laughing and remembering. About tearfully remembering. All the false dawns, the late wins, the midweek away defeats. Black nights where people were lost. Scoring SemiFinal winning goals and seeing stars, laughing at US Owl’s ‘A career in pictures’ with John Beswitherick sharing a flat over a shop with Ken Monkou playing Cannaster. Or something. Phantom trumpers and spilling hot Bovril in the North Stand.

And still being able to dream about winning the FA Cup in my lifetime. Even if we get knocked out later, all the flames will still burn bright. 

Well done mi Lud, a brilliant post. Enjoy the game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Mrs Howe : Eddie don't forget your face and your packing up bag. There's a can of Castrol in the fridge too.  Oh, and you've put the wrong wig on, that one's my mother's. 

four13.JPG

He's destined to be England Manager isn't he, unless you unmask him? 

He's clearly the result of a Premier League research and development budget black op into the deployment of AI into the modern game. 

12 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

How did you tap into the conciesnous of 99 percent of owstalkers?

Before he left Stevie May ,who was under my wardship,  gave me as a present  of thanks a Mungonian Telepathy headset - which he himself had taken as a prize of war when he helped Prince Barin during the second battle  of Arboria. 

11873783_10154054153701111_3028349853548540245_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

One of the finest away kits this country has ever seen. 

If not THE finest.

My only regret that year is I didn't buy the finest Sheffield Wednesday shirt the club ever had that season. 

I just thought those blue and white stripes of 91 were normal. I had no idea how the kit designers would be unable to reproduce that level of quality in the 28 years to come. 

It helpped by not having a sponsor that year. Just like Barcelona. Stripes without any nonsense subtracting from their class. Just Wednesday. Nothing more, nothing less, just like that away shirt, just like the passing and movement on and off the ball that season. 

If only Adam Reach could telepathically receive instruction from Trevor Francis or Chris Waddle this evening. And Morgan Fox could receive instruction from Nigel Worthington. 

lol

A magnificent effort, m'lud. Bang on. 

Tho' irritating as this squad stuff for the kids sounds,let's not blame only the kids. The endless weekend programmes featuring dull ex-footballers in nasty shirts, droning on for the lobotomy patients who watch Sky Sports, are another pet hate

Goodness. Can it really be 28 years since another grey winter Sunday at Stamford Bridge, and one of the truly great performances.

• Like 3