Jump to content


A12owl

Referee tomorrow and VAR

Recommended Posts

Premier League official Andre Marriner has been appointed referee for Sheffield Wednesday's FA Cup fourth round trip to Chelsea. 

VAR will also be in operation.

 

Hope there arnt too may VAR incidents. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had VAR last few seasons we'll be in champions League by now. 

  • Agree 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sturutter said:

If we'd always had VAR, we wouldn't have got the penalty in the final at Cardiff in 2005 or the equaliser at the Brighton second leg in 2016

 

It's easier to remember the ones that have gone against you 

 

 

Might have got one when beccio did that superman impression at Hillsborough too

 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sturutter said:

If we'd always had VAR, we wouldn't have got the penalty in the final at Cardiff in 2005 or the equaliser at the Brighton second leg in 2016

 

It's easier to remember the ones that have gone against you 

 

 

Penalty in play-off final?  -   Nailed on.

 

Equaliser at Brighton.  -   Errrrrr?

 

Bloody crafty that Hooper I'nt he? :rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

 

P.S.. Gi Sid James back.

Edited by oldtawnyowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

 

Penalty in play-off final?  -   Nailed on.

 

Equaliser at Brighton.  -   Errrrrr?

 

Bloody crafty that Hooper I'nt he? :rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

 

P.S.. Gi Sid James back.

 

 

Image result for sid james pipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet FF would have less sendings off, if we always had VAR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, A12owl said:

Premier League official Andre Marriner has been appointed referee for Sheffield Wednesday's FA Cup fourth round trip to Chelsea. 

VAR will also be in operation.

 

Hope there arnt too may VAR incidents. 

 

 

FA announce that Neil Swarbrick is the VAR official. Bruce asks for direct line to Stockley Park

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f*ck var I don't want to miss the train with them stoppages .

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, mkowl said:

FA announce that Neil Swarbrick is the VAR official. Bruce asks for direct line to Stockley Park

Well that's us screwed then

 

Ive always wanted power taking away from sh!te refs but now I can see a flaw when there are pr!cks like him involved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Well that's us screwed then

 

Ive always wanted power taking away from sh!te refs but now I can see a flaw when there are pr!cks like him involved

Fear not........  the official announcement below lol

 

Graham Scott is on VAR (Video Assistant Referee) duties and will be assisted by Simon Bennett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mkowl said:

FA announce that Neil Swarbrick is the VAR official. Bruce asks for direct line to Stockley park

You made that up......

 

Graham Scott is on VAR (Video Assistant Referee) duties and will be assisted by Simon Bennett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its bound to bite us on the arse. Deserved last minute equaliser cues wild celebrations in the stands, then there's a 3 minute delay until it's disallowed because Atdhe's toenail was technically offside. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Its bound to bite us on the arse. Deserved last minute equaliser cues wild celebrations in the stands, then there's a 3 minute delay until it's disallowed because Atdhe's toenail was technically offside. 

 

If it's Atdhe it will be his undershirt that's offside.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at what happened yesterday with Everton the use of VAR only at Prem grounds in the FA Cup is an absolute joke. How on earth can this be fair and consistent officiating across the competition?

 

 

...........Having said that if we scrape a replay then win with a dodgy offside goal at Hillsborough all’s good, :tango:

Edited by GMOwl72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

 

Might have got one when beccio did that superman impression at Hillsborough too

 

 

Cos no Wednesday player has ever done that....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A12owl said:

You made that up......

 

Graham Scott is on VAR (Video Assistant Referee) duties and will be assisted by Simon Bennett.

Sorry it was being ironic not meant to be fact 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

 

Cos no Wednesday player has ever done that....

 

 

tackles are like concussion sometimes, they just take a bit for the effects to kick in. :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owl At Risk said:

 

Cos no Wednesday player has ever done that....

 

 

 

Shocking tackle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...