Mark Lawrenson still hates us

39 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

He made a generous comment in the replay live on TV, as did Pat Nevin on 5live straight after the home game.

No malice from either of them.

I clearly said I largely agree, all I recall was the commentator pointing out we were missing many players, and lawrenson saying ‘yeah, but are they first team players?’

14 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I clearly said I largely agree, all I recall was the commentator pointing out we were missing many players, and lawrenson saying ‘yeah, but are they first team players?’

I don't remember every word, but was left with the impression he knew there were big problems with injuries and he sympathised with it.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I don't remember every word, but was left with the impression he knew there were big problems with injuries and he sympathised with it.

Didn't he suggest that none of the injured players would normally get in the first team when, in all reality, we had 9/10 first team regulars missing? That sounds more pathetic than sympathetic.

21 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

Didn't he suggest that none of the injured players would normally get in the first team when, in all reality, we had 9/10 first team regulars missing? That sounds more pathetic than sympathetic.

His ilk rock up at random games and go through the motions... there's probably an intern in a BBC bobble hat reading stats to them as they eat a banana.. not knowing what city they're in.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a co-commentator say ‘yep’ so often. I found it pretty amusing how the other dude was trying to strike up conversation and he was getting one word answers back.

’could Sheffield Wednesday have done more?’

’no. Nope’

’Willian has been impressive today hasn’t he?’

’yep’

‘Chelsea are really controlling this game’

’yep’

’So Mark, who’s your MOTM?’

’Willian’