Dynamic Pricing

Season ticket/match day pricing is a complete joke as it is.

It's only through blind loyalty that we get people through the gates 

The club need to concentrate on a good clear pricing template for both before they start coming up with these brainless schemes

A decent commercial side might help too.

How long have we been saying this for though?? 

We’ve had Dynamic Pricing at Coors Field since 2013. 

As a rule of thumb, I’m not affected by any increases, as I pick my games in advance and buy the tickets as soon as the single game tickets are released in Feb.

As the game gets closer, I’ve never noticed prices fall below the amount I’ve paid.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

2 hours ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

It's all too complicated already.

Make it £25 a ticket, any game, anywhere, and a £10 for all concessions. 

Then, cut the wages cloth accordingly. 

The only people doing well here are the players no wonder they're happy to stay. 

Can’t be done.

Many fans have already bought season tickets for future seasons at a higher price per game.

5 hours ago, bigrbuk said:

Dynamic based on performance / league position. The higher we are and more attractive football we play, the higher the price. Reflect that in players salaries.

Would never work mind

Yeah, I think this is dynamic enough (not for the players mind)

14 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Can’t be done.

Many fans have already bought season tickets for future seasons at a higher price per game.

This is where DC has shot himself in the foot. He has had the ST money up front for next few seasons and has killed off the only other ticket income through having to charge high POTD prices.We basically have zero income from match tickets.  We have rows and rows of empty corporate boxes and no outside sponsorship.  Our only real income is the club shop.

It's no wonder we are in the brown stuff. 

Without wanting to criticise our POTG fans we must recognise that they are, being polite, our most fickle. They are the ones who haven't made their mind up by Friday tea time, they are the ones we are after. So after close of business on a Friday when we have secured our crowd for what may be a low category game announce special offer for next days game £30 adults £15 kids in a package that gives a voucher on the gat for the next game. It's success would be revealed in the numbers but I would think it would attract significantly more that the usual walk up. If it were to prove a success repeat it through 5 or 6 games per season. Feel free to rip it apart, nothing more than a brain fart !     

2 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

Coors field is only 65% full at the best of times

At best it’s 100% full....

And the average attendance in 2018 was 37,233. 7th best in the league. Making the average game 74% full.

Dynamic pricing works two fold at Coors. 

1) It raises revenue when the team is doing well and the casual fans are more interested.

2) It raises revenue when the weather makes a difference. In the blazing summer heat, dynamic pricing doesn’t change the price of seats where you might get sun stroke. But it can increase the price of those much desired seats in the shade.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

7 hours ago, Blatter said:

The current regime have already made POTG pricing too expensive and complex.

Seven game categories, five price levels by age group, membership discounts etc etc. 

The club have probably succeeded in making a season ticket as the only way to know what you will pay per game.

But hey, let’s introduce another level of complexity to the pricing structure.

Not all that difficult fella what I proposed

Cheaper prices the earlier you buy them 

I'd question your own sanity if thats difficult to comprehend chief

7 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

for that to work you need to have a product that people want to buy - we've got a 50% empty ground what dynamic pricing means for us is the closer to the game the CHEAPER tickets should get so we get more people into the stadium. 

Exactly - it all boils down to the value for money 

If we got our stuff together and marched on for the rest of this season - the POTG people would come back in their droves, they always do. 

If we kicked on early next year and were top 8/10 - they'd be coming back too - so the opportunity is there, we've had it in the past few years a product people want to buy. 

No reason why this wouldn't work - you price base on demand. 

Dynamic pricing done right can be complex. Demand can typically be determined in advance of tickets going on sale, especially as single-game tickets don't go on sale (online at least) until it's within a month of the match (perhaps the club should make them available sooner though).

Instead of dynamic pricing, the club may be better served if they adjust pricing within stands, so that tickets in inferior locations are priced lower. To me it makes little sense that the best seat in the stand is priced identically to the worst.

Here's an example of how it works: for the average match, seats close to the pitch and on the edges of South and North stands are priced lower than the ones with good views. Fans with more money to spend will opt for the better seats, so it shouldn't affect those sales, while fans who otherwise wouldn't attend may be enticed by the lower pricing. And because the lower priced seats are in inferior locations, season ticket holders will appreciate that they have the added value of a good view of the match.

This also creates a marketing element for promoting the purchase of a season ticket, as there is now an established concept of "a better seat". While this might be obvious to most fans, its value is emphasised when the club specifically points it out, and even flogs seats identified as "inferior". It's essential that season ticket holders are rewarded with added value, and I think the club has massively fallen short in this area (this alone obviously won't cut it, but it still a noteworthy bullet point).

4 minutes ago, bobness said:

Dynamic pricing done right can be complex. Demand can typically be determined in advance of tickets going on sale, especially as single-game tickets don't go on sale (online at least) until it's within a month of the match (perhaps the club should make them available sooner though).

Instead of dynamic pricing, the club may be better served if they adjust pricing within stands, so that tickets in inferior locations are priced lower. To me it makes little sense that the best seat in the stand is priced identically to the worst.

Here's an example of how it works: for the average match, seats close to the pitch and on the edges of South and North stands are priced lower than the ones with good views. Fans with more money to spend will opt for the better seats, so it shouldn't affect those sales, while fans who otherwise wouldn't attend may be enticed by the lower pricing. And because the lower priced seats are in inferior locations, season ticket holders will appreciate that they have the added value of a good view of the match.

This also creates a marketing element for promoting the purchase of a season ticket, as there is now an established concept of "a better seat". While this might be obvious to most fans, its value is emphasised when the club specifically points it out, and even flogs seats identified as "inferior". It's essential that season ticket holders are rewarded with added value, and I think the club has massively fallen short in this area (this alone obviously won't cut it, but it still a noteworthy bullet point).

Are you advocating that a season ticket holder with a 5 year ticket in an area deemed inferior ( might like sitting on the front row) should get this added value by way of refund. 

The answer is to reduce the number of categories and bring POTG  prices nearer to those (enjoyed?) by season ticket holders.

Playing attacking football and competing at the top of the league outweighs all these arguments though.

That’s what brings in the crowds.

11 hours ago, The Captain said:

Agree with this; A-G banding is completely unnecessary.

Although I cannot agree with charging £30 to sit on the kop.  It should never cost that much to sit in that stand, even if we were playing the pigs.

We have to charge our own fans the same as away fans for similar stands.  Charging a lot for Leeds Blades etc brings in top income from maybe 6k away fans.

Most of our regulars are ST holders anyway so wouldn't care too much about pay on gate price. 

But, overall, we all know POTD prices are too steep.   30k gives us a great atmosphere, which we just don't get with 20k. 

Just now, Blatter said:

Are you advocating that a season ticket holder with a 5 year ticket in an area deemed inferior ( might like sitting on the front row) should get this added value by way of refund. 

The answer is to reduce the number of categories and bring POTG  prices nearer to those (enjoyed?) by season ticket holders.

Playing attacking football and competing at the top of the league outweighs all these arguments though.

That’s what brings in the crowds.

The 5-year thing does could make a restructuring quite tricky, but I believe that a season ticket in a poor location should be priced less than one with a great view. In general, such a pricing structure allows for more flexibility, and a "justification" of higher prices for some seats, as the cheapest ticket may still be affordable, which allows more people to attend. Currently the club is limited to pricing solely based on the stand.

It goes without saying that good football brings in crowds, but the commercial department has no control over that, do they? Yet there's still lots that can done on the commercial side.

6 minutes ago, bobness said:

The 5-year thing does could make a restructuring quite tricky, but I believe that a season ticket in a poor location should be priced less than one with a great view. In general, such a pricing structure allows for more flexibility, and a "justification" of higher prices for some seats, as the cheapest ticket may still be affordable, which allows more people to attend. Currently the club is limited to pricing solely based on the stand.

It goes without saying that good football brings in crowds, but the commercial department has no control over that, do they? Yet there's still lots that can done on the commercial side.

It's like a local council budget mate... they've got the nailed on income.

We've got the 20000 season tickets.

Seriously... nothing makes you more complacent than a guaranteed money stream.

The club (I'm being diplomatic) have never had a financial plan for us not being in the premier League since Carlos was hired.

Now he's trying to use the fans money as a credit card.

Our club needs some financially disinterested faces in immediately.