Jump to content

In the home end


Recommended Posts

Liverpool was sketchy as they clocked us that was yr after we'll be back year. Everton jumped up they were alright. Coventry end at Hillsborough cos turnstiles were too busy on home end. Totenham, Arsenal, loads back late eighties early nineties.

 

Worst was Sheff Utd. Me and mate jumped up after a Hirst chance.whack to back of head and a word that I was a dead man end of game. We left early when attention was when they were attacking. Seem to member lots of ours on south stand that night but none near me and Steve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mansfield away in FA Cup 90 stood on their end at side of pitch managed to keep quiet till i think Shirtliff scored then thought F*** it only then me and my mates realisied we also had another 20-30 wednesdayites around us which then turned out to be all of us doing the good old fashioned windmill with arms and fists with the Mansfield fans before being dragged out over the little wall at the side of the pitch to then be marched around in front of big ron in the dugout who just shook his head smiling whilst getting thunderous applause from the away end before being slung quite generously into that very same away end. Great days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sat in home ends at Lane, Coventry, Everton, Peterborough, Ipswich and Liverpool (hospitality) always cheered our goals, never had any problems, stood in home end at Both Doncaster and Scunthorpe kept my gob shut at both when we scored but didn't really threatened at either.

Wouldn't do United nowadays, was plenty of others in South Stand near the Kop when we went particularly remember about 30 or 40 who were sat at the back chanting Wednesday songs, 1 all draw when Palmer scored, didn't realise how many Wednesday were sat nearby until we scored.

 

Edited by OWL1969
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huddersfield away 2015/16 when Forestieri scored at the away end. Huddersfield fans had been giving him grief all afternoon. Was a delight when he shut them up. Not quite sure how we sat on our hands for that goal.

 

Also sat in the home end for the first leg of the playoff final. Seem to remember there were 4 or 5 of us, all of whom had bought tickets off someone on Owlstalk. Pretty sure the locals worked us out that day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only once in a steel city cup game at lane. Sat in south stand intending to keep quiet but as they hammered us ( we were top of league under pleat) I fell out and had a go at every pig around me due to being pissed. Got away without a scratch probably due to the state i was in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sat in East Stand at Leeds when Booth scored a late winner,  grinned but I kept quiet. :biggrin:

 

Stood on Stretford end when we drew 1-1 in early 90s, Hirst scored with an early free kick, was a few other Wednesday fans around us but Man U fans weren't interested. 

 

Went on Shoreham standing bit in corner just after they had seated it when we lost 2-0, were a couple of hundred of us singing.... until second goal went in. :duntmatter:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Regulator said:

Huddersfield away 2015/16 when Forestieri scored at the away end. Huddersfield fans had been giving him grief all afternoon. Was a delight when he shut them up. Not quite sure how we sat on our hands for that goal.

 

Also sat in the home end for the first leg of the playoff final. Seem to remember there were 4 or 5 of us, all of whom had bought tickets off someone on Owlstalk. Pretty sure the locals worked us out that day.

 

Me & my son were in that group at Udders. All locals had them clacker things. None of us bothered with the:biggrin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/01/2019 at 19:41, sternlad said:

Brian Woodhall got two and Ritchie I think or McCalliog?

Reference the Leeds game in 1969, it was Ritchie that got the third. Billy Bremner was injured in the first half and went off, this gave Eustace the run of midfield and he made them pay, Johnny Giles also missed both games through injury. Might have been a different story had both those players been on the pitch! However, on a Leeds website there is a great unbiased write up of the two matches with newspaper photos, team line ups etc. I remember the journey back down the M1 as a convoy of cars with blue and white scarves hanging out the windows honking horns all the way back.:ghoulguy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, bradowl said:

Went on Shoreham standing bit in corner just after they had seated it when we lost 2-0, were a couple of hundred of us singing.... until second goal went in.

I was on the Shoteham that day sat on the kip right next to that section which as you say was full of Wednesday fans. I sneaked on and was just about to sit down when some of my mates in that section who were obviously Wednesday fans shouted me. Cover blown before the game had even kicked off. Pretty sure I'd have been in bother if we'd scored but in a way, losing and having to sit in the middle of them while they're taking the wee wee was worse. I've never done it since other than in corporate areas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sat in the home end at Fratton Park near the "bell ringers".They were going for promotion and we were at the bottom.They were 1-0 up and the stadium announcer came out with "please stay off the pitch when we do our lap of honour".Thought "you smug bar stewards"and let them know!Typical Wednesday we equalise(don't remember who scored)and Michael Reddy scores a last minute disputed winner to set up a very uncomfortable exit.PS They went up and we went down!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Nut said:

I was on the Shoteham that day sat on the kip right next to that section which as you say was full of Wednesday fans. I sneaked on and was just about to sit down when some of my mates in that section who were obviously Wednesday fans shouted me. Cover blown before the game had even kicked off. Pretty sure I'd have been in bother if we'd scored but in a way, losing and having to sit in the middle of them while they're taking the wee wee was worse. I've never done it since other than in corporate areas.

I was stupid back then, I had my Wednesday shirt on under my jacket and once inside I unzipped it for everyone to see it. :tango:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been on quite a few mainly in the 70s and 80s, Grimsby 1-0 with Curran scoring a header in a 1-0 win, losing 3-2 at Bradford, winning 2-0 at Cardiff around 82/83, Man Utd 2-1 new years day 85 with varadi getting both, Man City in 83/84 with varadi scoring twice again, Forest losing 3-2 (I think), Bristol Rovers 3-3 at Eastville around 1982, Aston Villa 1-1 around 85, Wrexham lost 4-0 around 79ish, Tranmere 1-1 in the fa cup 2nd round 1978, Ipswich 1-1 around 84, probably a few more. Strangely the only game I didn't celebrate was at Grimsby, no trouble apart from a few choice words at Forest and Man City.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, matt68owls said:

Been on quite a few mainly in the 70s and 80s, Grimsby 1-0 with Curran scoring a header in a 1-0 win, losing 3-2 at Bradford, winning 2-0 at Cardiff around 82/83, Man Utd 2-1 new years day 85 with varadi getting both, Man City in 83/84 with varadi scoring twice again, Forest losing 3-2 (I think), Bristol Rovers 3-3 at Eastville around 1982, Aston Villa 1-1 around 85, Wrexham lost 4-0 around 79ish, Tranmere 1-1 in the fa cup 2nd round 1978, Ipswich 1-1 around 84, probably a few more. Strangely the only game I didn't celebrate was at Grimsby, no trouble apart from a few choice words at Forest and Man City.

that Tranmere   one in the cup was pretty nasty  and   as i recall the linesman got hit by something thrown from the crowd on the side terrace  where  our fans where

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...