In the home end

14 hours ago, pj owl said:

Leeds when Andy Booth scored a header in that great start to the season we had. A number of fellow Owls couldn’t resist it behind us and got ejected.

12 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

I was on Leeds Revie Stand for that and had Booth for first scorer, very difficult keeping quiet. 

Booth scored with his feet in the last minute, Ritchie Humphreys scored the opener

Not strictly the "home" end, but in the first of the three cup replays at Filbert Street v Arsenal I ended up in their corner. 

I was 15 and had a paper round at the time and went with the owner of the paper shop and his mate. As we approached the ground the first thing we saw was the Arsenal corner: maybe 3 turnstiles, no queues. To the left there were queues of Wednesday fans at other turnstiles. So we walked around the ground... every turnstile had queues of fans in blue and white colours. So when we got back round to the Arsenal corner we went in there. I was asked the time but I had no watch on so I pushed up my sleeves and did my best "dunno mate" and got away with it. There were other Wednesday fans in there - the two guys I was with had a chat with some they recognised. Can't remember any other details like what happened when goals were scored or what the score was. 

Did you play for Killamarsh.

Kid who used to play with us was at that game and stood in exact same position.

Was telling us about it the following morning in the changing room as i was slapping ralgex on.

no mate. Me and my mate made into The Sun’s Goals football pullout on Monday though. Photo on front cover. Still got it somewhere!

• Like 1

3-3 at Brentford. We were 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go. Was sat next to the world's biggest Brentford fan, who kept asking me about players, formations etc. Managed to blag it with a mockney accent until the equaliser went in, all the Brentford fans around me were in hysterics. 

In the home end on Sunday!

18 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Same game as me. Was sat diagonally opposite the away end on the back row (so as far as it was possible to be from Wednesday fans).

When Leon scores I ran down the steps, around the ground and into the away end (exit doors had been opened by now) in time to see Leon clumsily extricating himself from the away end.

I was in home end for that one also ! Sat right next to the away end tho felt weirdly safe but extremely exposed at the same time.

Had a scan around and noticed a few sheepish lads on their own looking around nervously. There was a Wednesday fan right in front of me and one sat right next to me! We communicated thru whispers and nudges.

I think they missed a penalty right on stroke of half-time and me and this guy ran into concourse with big grins on. Some stewards clocked us and asked my mate where he lived - he lived in Leicester and showed him his driving licence! What a hero. However, in my excitement and panic I decided to also join in the convo - “what are there Wednesday fans in here..!?,” I said.

”where are you from,” came the response

”err Leicester..”

”whereabouts?”

”errrrrrr...”

As I was marched out the steward told all the Leicester fans munching pies I was a Wednesday fan and I had to block punches and kicks as they fumbled with the keys to let me out one of the big doors. I shouted at a policeman for no reason, disappointed and bruised they dumped me outside =(

Thank god I wasn’t in there for Clarke’s chip tho I would hav been murdered haha

• Haha 1

On the kop at Anfield for Milk cup semi.  I half leapt up after 2 mins when we nearly scored then remembered to keep quiet. There was a 7 yr old scouser sitting on barrier behind me shouting filthy abuse at the 12000 Wednesday fans at other end and kicking me in the back. I kept quiet and kept my parka zipped up to hide my Wednesday shirt.

Been in the Holte End at Villa Park the last three years running - Fletcher's winner this year was tough not to celebrate.

Did Forest away two years ago when we played them off the park 3-0. Good times.

Bad times. Having to half sing "Danny Graham, he scores when he wants" in December was a low point, Losing to Blackburn 4-2 sitting with my Blackburn supporting client right beside all of the Wednesday fans. Really, really tough to swallow.

Used to be a time that I never went anywhere else BUT the home end at away grounds as thats where all our fans would be normally.

The only time I really felt in any mortal danger was one year at man city,a few of the home fans made us out,and it was a long night of jogging back to the car persued by scores of city fans hurling bricks and rubble,was a long old night WTF:

20 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Funniest one was a Tuesday night match at Scunthorpe in 2012.

We were 2 - 0 up at half time and an old couple sat behind me.

Woman said to her husband "it's not fair we shouldn't have to play teams as good as this".

:ghoulguy: 

generally one way or the other, you don't in the next season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Bad times. Having to half sing "Danny Graham, he scores when he wants" in December was a low point, Losing to Blackburn 4-2 sitting with my Blackburn supporting client right beside all of the Wednesday fans. Really, really tough to swallow.

The lazy get's only scored twice in two months since then.

I was in the Barnsley end with some Barnsley friends when we won 3-0 and two of the goals were scored right in front of me.  I had my mates either side of me and when we scored the just stared at me and said "Don't you dare", so put my head in my hands pretending to be upset but secretly cheering away!  Got away with it and was the only one walking out from that end with a smile on my face that day!

Yes loads of times , only time had any bother was Baseball ground no tickets left so 8 of us went in there old side terrace. Got sussed out immediately as one of us started shouting Wednesday as soon as players ran out. Anyhow Derby took offence and backed ourselves into a corner bit of windmilling etc etc, Bloody steward would not open the gate, eventually did and police walked round the pitch in to the away end. Funny thing is Wednesday fans started singing were proud of you as they walked us to the away end.

Cardiff in the 70's..Derby when banned , Luton when banned and a few times at the Lane..

Cardiff was the worst....Not many had gone down, not many home fans either really...At Ninian park on those benches they had....

Realised we were on the wrong end, but didn't expect to be clapping and cheering anyhow..We hadn't won away for goin' a year or summat..

Boring game...p*ssin' down rain...89 minutes of turgid rubbish....Wednesday get a free kick, last minute...right in front of me, two mates...and about 4000 Cardiff..

"Rob turns to me...

"On the off chance of this going in..try and look as disappointed as possible"

I saw Ken Knighton lining up and thought "No problem"

Straight into the top corner...We went batsh*t mental..

We got kicked onto the side of the pitch..no real harm done....but simply couldn't help cheering...It was that unexpected!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, alanharper said:

Booth scored with his feet in the last minute, Ritchie Humphreys scored the opener

Happy to stand corrected - at my age it’s a distant memory!!!!!

Edited by pj owl