In the home end

Imagine there'll be a fair few Wednesdayites amongst the Japanese tourists in the home end this Sunday.

Whats the most exciting/stressful match where you've had to sit on your hands in the home end?

For me it was this one which at the time was a relegation decider.  We won, both teams missed penalties, and Leon Clarke scored a last minute chip to seal survival and I had to hide my grins as angry Leicester fans walked out all around me: https://www.11v11.com/matches/leicester-city-v-sheffield-wednesday-26-april-2008-281220/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beloved_aunt said:

Imagine there'll be a fair few Wednesdayites amongst the Japanese tourists in the home end this Sunday.

Whats the most exciting/stressful match where you've had to sit on your hands in the home end?

For me it was this one which at the time was a relegation decider.  We won, both teams missed penalties, and Leon Clarke scored a last minute chip to seal survival and I had to hide my grins as angry Leicester fans walked out all around me: https://www.11v11.com/matches/leicester-city-v-sheffield-wednesday-26-april-2008-281220/

Omg that match was amazing I was there in away end was we as loud as we sempt jeeees my ears rang after that game haha 

6 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Same game as me. Was sat diagonally opposite the away end on the back row (so as far as it was possible to be from Wednesday fans).

When Leon scores I ran down the steps, around the ground and into the away end (exit doors had been opened by now) in time to see Leon clumsily extricating himself from the away end.

• Like 3

Funnily enough I’ve sat in the Matthew Harding stand at Chelsea when we drew 1-1 in the late 90’s

Andy Booth equalised and I had to restrain my mate from jumping up. Of course we stood up to clap politely when they scored!

Best part was them singing 10 men went to mow, on the last verse the entire stand (including Chelsea pensioners) stood up to join in. Just left me and my mate sat down looking like fishes out of water

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Tottenham away 1994 we won 3-1 

I was in a Tottenham private box with my son, we were 3-0 up and Spurs were diabolical......I was the only one encouraging Spurs as I had backed Wednesday to win 3-1. They all thought I was taking the P. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

I booked tickets in the home stand for that game after we quickly sold out, but despite initially taking the booking Leicester cancelled and refunded the tickets,  having obviously noticed our Sheffield address so I ended up not going.

I've seen us from the home stands at the Sty,  Anfield and Blundell Park. 

Edited by alanharper
typo

At B*llend Road in the 90's when Chris Waddle nutmegged the 'keeper from right on the touchline.  Me and my dad were right in line with it and both jumped up.  Luckily it was the family section or we would probably have been murdered.  Must have been about '95 I think.

Just not bothered...

Sat in Hudds end twice, beat them both times. Just grinned.

Sat in Preston end once think it ended up 0-0 but Chris Brunt scored... Wednesday end went wild so stood up but managed to contain it and just clapped. Got a bit of abuse but nowt major. Ended up being offside anyway lol 

• Haha 1

V Hull back end of last season as I met up with an old mate who supports them. I was fine really when we scored, but my mate was trying his best to out me with comments about Forestieri diving.

They then had a goal chalked off for offside in injury time and I just sat calmly and expressed that the officials should be respected at all times, trying desperately not to laugh.

It was funny listening to their comments though