Hooper

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Whilst I have no scientific proof at all I'm sure our lads would be injured a lot less with a pair of proper boots in non-garish colour.

81hNnaGv2iL._UX500_.jpg

In fact, I'd make them compulsory.  

Good lad Snoots...my boot of choice until I retired from the game aged 55. Still got them in a bag in the garage in case Southgate rings up. It was about 7 years ago that Clive our left back looked across our back four, of which I was part, and asked us all our ages....30 seconds later “ Fizz me,” says Clive, “ you do realise this back four is over 200years old!”

Time to hang up the Puma Kings I thought...mind you this was the heady heights of the Downderry Rovers veterans team:tango:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Whilst I have no scientific proof at all I'm sure our lads would be injured a lot less with a pair of proper boots in non-garish colour.

81hNnaGv2iL._UX500_.jpg

In fact, I'd make them compulsory.  

Awful boots, sex offender boots. 

Nike tiempos for me. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tomo2001 said:

And Hirsty's Hi-Tec of course

AxDqJUlCEAETNmq.jpg

Good God no!

I blame the wide base piece of the Hi-Tec in part with Hirsts collapsing arches. The weight of that mammoth tongue too I suspect probably caused ankle ligament damage alone.

No,  I've often thought the great man could have had an extended career if he'd only purchased a pair of Pantofola, the unquestionable sultans of the boot making art.

pantof-lazzarini-tongue-11.jpg