I doubt we will sell Reach this January

Guest addedtime
3 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Get effortlessly pushed off the ball by people half his size mainly.  

Dodge any kind of robust tackle required.

More likely we will receive an offer around the £12 mark + add on and DC will reject it wanting £25m.

What I don't understand is the complete lack of any players being loaned out either there are a lot of players who could go out not playing but instead no movement. There is clearly problem with our playing staff if no players are wanted by anyone. I am surprised Shezzy has not been in to loan a few of the kids for Chezzy.

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

I think boro played us big time on both Reach and Rhodes. 

Reach's true value was about 2 million. But we payed over double that because of the potential he would turn into a 15million player. I think his current value is around what we paid for him becuase he is playing at the top end of his potential now. 

We should have switched targets with both when boro were turning down offers. 

I would agree but the transfer market at the moment has gone insane so we should realistically be looking for £10m ish bids.

When you look at the prices being paid for unproven kids a season championship performer you would hope of achieving a decent fee.

I think

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

More likely we will receive an offer around the £12 mark + add on and DC will reject it wanting £25m.

What I don't understand is the complete lack of any players being loaned out either there are a lot of players who could go out not playing but instead no movement. There is clearly problem with our playing staff if no players are wanted by anyone. I am surprised Shezzy has not been in to loan a few of the kids for Chezzy.

I think maybe we don't have enough mates, maybe Bruce has a few

I recall it was 5 million, potentially rising to 7 with add-ons. One of those may have been promotion I suppose which obviously never happened. Any appearance based ones he'll surely make though as he doesn't miss many games.

His engine, age, that he was joint 3rd highest in the league for assists last season (I believe), and also has 7 goals this year, hopefully all go in favour of us making a profit on him should we sell, despite poor form at the moment. Carlos talked of us rejecting 9 million previously, but who knows the truth of that one.

On 22/01/2019 at 18:43, poite said:

If we are asking for 15m and he's in fact worth 15m there would be no issue selling him. 

Problem is that we probably want 15m for him and no club thinks he's worth in excess of 10m. 

He isnt worth 15m, hes a decent championship player and thats it, a lot of the time hes bang average!

On 23/01/2019 at 22:01, stanningtonowl said:

Because that's about his worth? People living in dream world bandying £10mill around. 

I know a few people from Stannington, so I presume you are an exception to what I thought about them.

Please count the number of digits on each hand and report back.

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I know a few people from Stannington, so I presume you are an exception to what I thought about them.

Please count the number of digits on each hand and report back.

I have 5 on each hand. Count them up and it comes to 10 more than your IQ. 

Edited by stanningtonowl
  • Haha 1