I doubt we will sell Reach this January

4 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We might be likely to be in a HARD embargo in the summer not soft.

This means we will be banned from making transfers for 2 windows, and selling players in the summer won't make us come out of it.

The EFL have greater powers now if clubs beach FFP/P&S. As well as an embargo we could also receive a massive fine & carry a points deduction into next season.

4 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We might be likely to be in a HARD embargo in the summer not soft.

This means we will be banned from making transfers for 2 windows, and selling players in the summer won't make us come out of it.

Agreed we are going to be under an embargo for probably something like 3 transfer windows because of the management of the clubs finances.

We will know better come the end of February when the club have to file the accounts for May 2018 (season 2017/18) - if the details coming out are correct I think these figures will show a loss of somewhere in the region of £17-20m which means we will have to have a trading profit this season to avoid a hard embargo - though with outgoings in Rhodes on Loan, Hunts fee and saving on players wages that left last season and again hunt and Rhodes wages I think conservatively we may be £9m better off than 2018/19 account meaning we need to find another £10m  to have any chance of not being under an embargo in both the summer and the following January and if he likes of Rhodes and Fletcher are still here come summer 2020 then we could be under embargo again then as well.

The only way out of this mess is selling players and the obvious 2 seem to be Bannan and Reach unless we find someone to pay silly money for one of the kids.

Maybe we can’t sell any players because other clubs aren’t daft enough to pay them what we do !!!!!..... That’s why hooper...abdi...Jones etc are in no rush to leave .....I just hope chansiri has learnt not give out crazy contracts in the future 

The longer it goes on the less likely he will move this window. We all know Chansiri won’t accept any old offer despite our P&S issues?

I think it’s more likely one or two of the fringe players will leave but this obviously wouldn’t make much difference towards P&S?

On 22/01/2019 at 20:03, mogbad said:

Question for any FFP/P&S experts out there. 

Can income from player sales in the summer be used to offset FFP/P&S sanctions for overspending in the 3 seasons ending this season?

If not its imperative that player sales happen in the next 10 days.

The way I read it is that FFP requirements need to be met by March 2019. If we cannot demonstrate to the EFL that we are in control of this spiralling arrears (club 1867/player sales), then we are into a soft embargo by April. 

In my humble opinion we have to sell some players in this window because club 1867 won't even scratch the surface mate.

We have to cash in on Reach as the Premier League clubs will have seen his 3-4 top class goals. Image and perception go along way sometimes. 

That along with him being young, English and consistently fit means he will have a decent value in today’s inflated market.

£8-10m for a Premier League club is small potatoes these days and given the perceived potential some one will pay it.

If our Chairman has any sense he will cash in whilst his stock is high. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

23 hours ago, Brissy-owl said:

I am unsure of reaches ability to be honest, he may excel in a team with good players full of confidence, but in this squad for me he's very inconsistent, touch isn't always the best, tackling isn't great

probably worth 7 million imo

Absolutely, and even at 7 million we're relying on a manager not really scouting him properly, rather just looking at media clips of his worldies and being drawn in by pundits marvelling at him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, briggowl said:

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone or sell anyone. 

I'd have thought a transfer embargo means we can't get anyone new (transfer) as opposed to stopping us offering new deals to our players? 

We dont want new deals for our players. Squad needs a change

43 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

Give over! we paid £4m, do you not think his stock has risen? 

I think boro played us big time on both Reach and Rhodes. 

Reach's true value was about 2 million. But we payed over double that because of the potential he would turn into a 15million player. I think his current value is around what we paid for him becuase he is playing at the top end of his potential now. 

We should have switched targets with both when boro were turning down offers. 

• Like 1