I doubt we will sell Reach this January

If we’re hanging on to him because we feel we have an outside chance of the play offs, then I’m suspecting there will be some investment in new players next week. While I believe we have a better squad than some do on here, without reenforcements, it’s not a top six squad Certainly not now we’ve given everybody a head start.

Question for any FFP/P&S experts out there. 

Can income from player sales in the summer be used to offset FFP/P&S sanctions for overspending in the 3 seasons ending this season?

If not its imperative that player sales happen in the next 10 days.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I doubt dc will soften his stance on outgoings. 

He should. The chance of getting promoted isn't very good.

Prices are generally higher in January so we would be daft not to sell him now if it heads off problems with FFP.

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

He should. The chance of getting promoted isn't very good.

Prices are generally higher in January so we would be daft not to sell him now if it heads off problems with FFP.

You need buyers to be able to sell players though.

And that's more likely to be our achilles heel, rather than Chansiri unwilling to sell.

If we get a bid, for ANY, of our players, that would ensure we don't enter an embargo in April, I'm certain Chansiri would sell. But you need clubs willing to buy. And I'm not sure there's the market at the moment. 

5 hours ago, capetownowl said:

Out of contract player leave. Were in an Embargo.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Where the F do you get the new players.

Numpty

on that basis we'd never get out of the embargo if we re engage the out of contract players …..., we cant generate the income to keep onside of FFP while we have this squad  so the only alternative is release  as many as we can and  sell those that we can get a decent return on and then start again giving  players salaries that our income can sustain …..

13 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

As our prized asset right now......I doubt he will be going anywhere unless someone makes us an offer we cannot refuse.

With no soft embargo until April, there is no reason to sell in January.....we can plod on in the hope of scraping 6th spot (we need a miracle). 

However, I suppose he could depart in the summer to get us out of the embargo if we needed cash. 

If we do get a soft embargo in April, this may impact us offering new deals to players. Westwood's contract is up in the summer I believe. Hooper's also. 

No, we need the cash now, not end of the season

If we cant get 15 mill for reach then we need to sell other players as well. Bannan, FF, joao, whoever, we have books to balance if we want avoid any embargos. Perhaps the club isnt bothered and will just take the embargo, trouble is all decisions are then out of your hands.

14 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I think we'd sell him if we could.

But I just don't see a side who'd pay what he's worth.

In that case he ain't worth what you think 

He's only worth is what the highest bidder will pay

The talk of 15m is ridiculous from what I have seen of him IMO 

Perhaps if he was smashing the worldies in now rather than at the start of the season there would be a chance if the buying club turned a blind eye to his overall average game 

• Like 2