I doubt we will sell Reach this January

As our prized asset right now......I doubt he will be going anywhere unless someone makes us an offer we cannot refuse.

With no soft embargo until April, there is no reason to sell in January.....we can plod on in the hope of scraping 6th spot (we need a miracle). 

However, I suppose he could depart in the summer to get us out of the embargo if we needed cash. 

If we do get a soft embargo in April, this may impact us offering new deals to players. Westwood's contract is up in the summer I believe. Hooper's also. 

Edited by MysticOwl

13 minutes ago, MysticOwl said:

As our prized asset right now......I doubt he will be going anywhere unless someone makes us an offer we cannot refuse.

With no soft embargo until April, there is no reason to sell in January.....we can plod on in the hope of scraping 6th spot (we need a miracle). 

However, I suppose he could depart in the summer to get us out of the embargo if we needed cash. 

If we do get a soft embargo in April, this may impact us offering new deals to players. Westwood's contract is up in the summer I believe. Hooper's also. 

Im happy to let all of the out of contract players leave in the summer to give Steve a chance to rebuild a younger, hungrier squad. 

3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I think we'd sell him if we could.

But I just don't see a side who'd pay what he's worth.

No one will offer us what he is worth because everyone knows we are desperate for money. 

3 minutes ago, poite said:

Or we won't find a side who think he's worth anywhere near the asking price 

I don't think our asking price will be unreasonable. 

He's easily a £15m player, given his age, his versatility and his technical ability. 

Now, if a club offered £10-12m, I'm not sure we could reject it...but even at that price, I don't see too many clubs who'd be interested in him and pay it. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

No one will offer us what he is worth because everyone knows we are desperate for money. 

I don't subscribe to that at all. 

There's a price for Reach, which would see the buying club getting a good deal AND Wednesday been able to satisfy the P&S predicament. 

Villa were REALLY desperate for cash in the summer...more so than we are now...but nobody came in for Grealish. The fact clubs are "desperate" for cash makes little difference in reality. Clubs still need to get value for money. And, there'll be a fair few clubs very similar to Wednesday...and the rest of the football league will know it. 

Chansiri's statement wouldn't have told the other teams anything they didn't already know. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I don't think our asking price will be unreasonable. 

He's easily a £15m player, given his age, his versatility and his technical ability. 

Now, if a club offered £10-12m, I'm not sure we could reject it...but even at that price, I don't see too many clubs who'd be interested in him and pay it. 

I don't subscribe to that at all. 

There's a price for Reach, which would see the buying club getting a good deal AND Wednesday been able to satisfy the P&S predicament. 

Villa were REALLY desperate for cash in the summer...more so than we are now...but nobody came in for Grealish. The fact clubs are "desperate" for cash makes little difference in reality. Clubs still need to get value for money. And, there'll be a fair few clubs very similar to Wednesday...and the rest of the football league will know it. 

Chansiri's statement wouldn't have told the other teams anything they didn't already know. 

If we are asking for 15m and he's in fact worth 15m there would be no issue selling him. 

Problem is that we probably want 15m for him and no club thinks he's worth in excess of 10m. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, poite said:

If we are asking for 15m and he's in fact worth 15m there would be no issue selling him. 

Problem is that we probably want 15m for him and no club thinks he's worth in excess of 10m. 

If the price for Jarrod Bowen is £15m as reported, then Reach is worth less. 

14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Im happy to let all of the out of contract players leave in the summer to give Steve a chance to rebuild a younger, hungrier squad. 

Out of contract player leave. Were in an Embargo.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Where the F do you get the new players.

Numpty