Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Think about when you're at the match. Sat in your seat. Everyone in your sight pretty much has to take up this offer to raise around 5million quid. It's just not gonna happen. Many can't afford it. More possibly could but won't see a benefit. It's absolute pie in the sky from the club. 

 

Sell players. Get corporate clients in. Get money in that way. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Great offer if you can afford it and if your commited too the cause for a good few years yet 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

 

Why can’t they dual price? 

 

Freezing prices for those joining the scheme and offering discount on that is much more attractive. 

 

Also, let’s be realistic - this is all hypothetical and if enough people don’t join the FAQs state the scheme will be cancelled anyway. 

 

I can’t see there being more than a few dozen/couple of hundred people who will go for this. 

 

Are you suggesting that the club would consider charging anyone on the scheme 5-15% extra than those not on the scheme just to cancel out the discount?

 

There is, will be, a single price but scheme members will get a discount: pretty much as per your second sentence except that we don't know the ST prices yet.

 

I do acknowledge that if 20,000 season ticket holders subscribed to this scheme, then the club could jack prices up. But as you say, we won't be anywhere near that level of take up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a rubbish idea and the consequences of gambling again with future money will only lead to a worse situation than we are in now.

 

The best thing people could do to support the club IMO is to not buy this. 

 

The solution is easy - Sell some players. Absolutely embarrassing the way we refuse to sell anyone despite the predicament we are currently in. 

Edited by H2Owl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

If your over 65 with a bit of spare cash your laughing.

 

If you're over 65 you'll probably be lucky to ever see us in the PL again unless Bruce somehow works miracles on a shoestring budget.

 

And a 5-15% discount on an already discounted senior's season ticket isn't going to recoup that initial outlay for a very long time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit like being 30 stone and promising the kids a holiday to Florida when you're under 20 stone. It sounds good but in reality you love the old takeaway and a few pints at the weekend. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

 

I meant freeze prices for those joining the scheme. 

 

Fair enough, that could work but a discount is still a discount. Inflation dictates that season tickets will probably go up in price and the forces behind that are obviously beyond our control. If anything the whole thing is purely a hedge against inflation. He could double the discount and get loads more people signed up but then reduce the clubs profitability for future years too.

 

Don’t get me wrong. It’s got its benefits for anyone with a grand knocking about but in terms of what’s needed to get us out of this hole it’s a crap idea and I doubt it will work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Think about when you're at the match. Sat in your seat. Everyone in your sight pretty much has to take up this offer to raise around 5million quid. It's just not gonna happen. Many can't afford it. More possibly could but won't see a benefit. It's absolute pie in the sky from the club. 

 

Sell players. Get corporate clients in. Get money in that way. 

 

And even if this scheme somehow did raise £5m (which would require at least 2000 people buying into it) it'd still make no difference to us breaking FFP and facing an embargo or worse this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've decided to communicate my views on this through the smiley function:

:picnic:WTF::carlosswfc::duntmatter:

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Well this is clear as mud. We're told our input is financially worth nothing. We have players on between 20 and 40 grand A WEEK. Take Abdi for instance. Let's say he's on 20k a week. This means for every 40 people who take up this offer we can pay his wages for 1 week. For him to sit on his arse. 

 

If 10,000 people take up the offer, at 500 quid each that's 5million. Or to put it another way, 1million short of a Gary madine. 

 

Stop messing about with stuff like this. Sell some players, get the wage bill down, replace high wage earners with lower paid younger hungry players and get us moving in the right direction. Lower season ticket and match day prices to get more people through the door. Lower corporate hospitality costs to actually fill some boxes and generate some income. Get some stock in the shop that is affordable and profitable. Get more people spending rather than getting a few people spending more. 

PLEASE CAN EVERYONE EMAIL THIS ONTO CHANSIRI, KAT, OZZIE OWL & ANYONE ELSE IMPORTANT. THANKS 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite frankly the whole thing is ridiculous. Here's an Idea DC..... Sell Adam Reach in the next week. Sorted.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the sort of scheme that should be offered when every corporate box is full, we have sponsorship all round the ground and for every player. The sort of thing that might interest a few people. Not announced to a big fan fare that’s going to sort out FFP. 

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll probably get promoted after the premiership tv bubble has burst and clubs are relying on gate receipts once again only we’ll be giving all our season tickets out for free.

 

Although to be honest I’m obviously against spending future income in general but whilst ever the premiership tv money is so large I don’t see a huge problem in spending premiership season ticket income now. Not that it will work.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might seem worth it  if you trusted this mob with the money..but whats to stop them spaffing it like the last couple of years....Free Prem ticket from DC who said only last week the aim was to stave off relegation?

It sounds desperate and a little reckless.

Its messing about with future income, who knows which way this club is going to go?

DC seems to have a little trouble navigating doesn't he?

3 years ago the aim was promotion by cakeball..then its staved off relegation...Happy cakeball..Now its buy a f.ookin' cakeball and get a free cakeball

Even if I could afford it, I would still only buy the 1 year season ticket....every f.ookers gonna end up with Stockholm syndrome!

  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

 

If you're over 65 you'll probably be lucky to ever see us in the PL again unless Bruce somehow works miracles on a shoestring budget.

 

And a 5-15% discount on an already discounted senior's season ticket isn't going to recoup that initial outlay for a very long time...

 

Prince Philip driving / crashing at 97, people are living longer decent punt.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Quite frankly the whole thing is ridiculous. Here's an Idea DC..... Sell Adam Reach in the next week. Sorted.

 

You’ve got to wonder if nobody really wants Reach for either anything like we need or value him at. Also we don’t really have anyone else to sell for a decent fee, which tells it’s own story.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It might seem worth it  if you trusted this mob with the money..but whats to stop them spaffing it like the last couple of years....Free Prem ticket from DC who said only last week the aim was to stave off relegation?

It sounds desperate and a little reckless.

Its messing about with future income, who knows which way this club is going to go?

DC seems to have a little trouble navigating doesn't he?

3 years ago the aim was promotion by cakeball..then its staved off relegation...Happy cakeball..Now its buy a f.ookin' cakeball and get a free cakeball

Even if I could afford it, I would still only buy the 1 year season ticket....every f.ookers gonna end up with Stockholm syndrome!

You can't have your cakeball and eat it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Great offer if you can afford it and if your commited too the cause for a good few years yet 

 

I agree, it's a good offer.

 

Smallest of gripes though, receiving a book with your name printed in, to show your contribution - which isn't available for general sale!

 

It would be nice to print everyone's name in the programme each week, as a sign of gratitude for taking a leap of faith. They deserve a club 1867 members page within the programme to be seen by all - not just fellow members.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigash_swfc said:

 

I agree, it's a good offer.

 

Smallest of gripes though, receiving a book with your name printed in, to show your contribution - which isn't available for general sale!

 

It would be nice to print everyone's name in the programme each week, as a sign of gratitude for taking a leap of faith. They deserve a club 1867 members page within the programme to be seen by all - not just fellow members.

And a free business card with the words' idiot fan' on it.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

 

You’ve got to wonder if nobody really wants Reach for either anything like we need or value him at. Also we don’t really have anyone else to sell for a decent fee, which tells it’s own story.

 

I think we also may have created our own problem when Chansiri posted that statement right at the beginning of the January transfer window saying we're skint and most likely will break FFP - We're probably getting lowballed for Reach now that's public information. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...