Club 1867 Launch

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Beacuse that would be against the FFP / P&S Rules.

I could have sworn he started 3 companies to find a way round and pump money in to the club. I don’t see how that would be against the rules if he gave or the money came from some one else. Seen as his whole family are multi millionaire business men. Club 1867 won’t make enough money to pay Abdi’s 160k a month never mind clear the 10/15m what ever it stands at.

2 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I could have sworn he started 3 companies to find a way round and pump money in to the club. I don’t see how that would be against the rules if he gave or the money came from some one else. Seen as his whole family are multi millionaire business men. Club 1867 won’t make enough money to pay Abdi’s 160k a month never mind clear the 10/15m what ever it stands at.

I always thought the setting up of 3 non trading companies had a very bad vibe to it, I am surprised it is not against the rules.

I would always ask if this is an easy way round the rules why have not other clubs done this?

15 hours ago, bobness said:

Maybe you didn't notice, but now it comes with a book!!

:Chansiri:

An "exclusive hardback publication - which will not be available for general sale - with added extras in the book guaranteed for each respective year of membership."

Did anybody figure out what that actually means? All the words make sense but the sentence eludes me.

From what I've seen on this and Chansiri's statement. I hope it works and helps. However the main reason it is unlikely  to is Wednesday fans who can afford  a season ticket can only just afford that. A lot can't do that so how are we supposed to stump up more cash. It doesn't matter its for Wednesday  or if its a great deal or not. The fact is our fans are not the prawn sandwich brigade we are loyal and already  do the most we can for the club. Mortgages and rent, food and utilities are where most people's money go. So please  don't get frustrated Mr Chansiri when you get little response on this. It's about reality not How much we love wednesday. 

I applaud  you trying to find a way to fix this but saying your not asking anyone who can't afford it to pay and then being disappointed or frustrated by very few doing so. Well unfortunately that's neither our fault or yours it's life.

Edited by ashley8

8 hours ago, kobayashi said:

HMRC will probably also be interested in the VAT aspect of this deal.

Sell a book no VAT, sell a ticket VAT has to be paid. So sell a book that is really a ticket...be very careful

Thats why its cash in hand only sales from the back of the North stand car park.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Not doubting you at all mate, but you're the only one I've seen relay the comments on the night in this way.

There were many more saying the same on Twitter, my own ears and memory don't lie, he's done nothing since to suggest he's got selling in mind either.

On 24/01/2019 at 22:29, Sonny said:

It’s just an act of desperation. We are going to be under an embargo and this is his desperate throw of the dice to avoid it. This won’t work, We don’t have any other realistic ideas and nobody wants to buy our players. Sooner he admits this the better.

... yet various sources say we've turned down hefty bids for Reach and FF before now. 

Do we really all believe that Jack Hunt was the only player any other club has been interested in?

Fair enough we dont want to sell them all, but I'd be staggered if clubs havent at least enquired about Bannan, FF, Reach, Joao, Lees and probably a few others too. We've more than likely just said "not for sale" to other clubs, or given some ridiculous valuation - or simply never known the best time to put them up for sale (e.g. Nuhiu at the end of his hot streak last season, Joao when he was flying and getting caps for Portugal, Westwood after the playoff final.

Paying players ridiculous wages doesnt help sell anyone either - a massive blocker.

Buying hugely injury prone players (Abdi) or, frankly, missjudged ones (Van Aken, Rhodes to an extent) for HUGE amounts of money... all down the toilet.

The club's spokespeople (Jos) telling the press players were injured too - Westwood, Hutch etc - doesnt help either... and letting them get away with it. 

Just bonkers on an epic scale - and awful financial management.

31 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I struggle to believe we have no interest in our main players.

More likely other clubs are put off by their high wages and high valuation.

Ive no doubt clubs would be interested in 2 or 3 but I doubts it wages that put them off that much. 

Bannan - probably our best player since his time here, but against the better teams rarely does he excel. The bigger clubs will be put off by this, also now not a regular international starter, so clubs will question why. Also not the youngest. 

They might bid £3-5m - is that worth our while?

Reach - scorer of spectacular goals, English, still young enough to improve. He will be getting the attention of clubs, but his performances for the majority of time are pretty non existent. Any decent scout won’t be blown away and I doubt would bid anything that would be head turning for us 

FF - most talented player in the squad possibly the whole league, when he’s on it, I think he’d be an asset to a good few top level teams.

Yet he has a lot of injury problems, trouble seems to follow him about, is he worth the gamble??

I would only throw Joao in the mix for any more sellable asset and while talented and a real threat at times, he is yet to provide any consistency both in performance or fitness 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why doesnt Chansiri ask all players to take 20% pay cut to help with FFP / P&S?

Thats got as much chance of working as the 1867 Scheme has.

20% off now, but you'll get it back when we're promoted...

lol

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

... yet various sources say we've turned down hefty bids for Reach and FF before now. 

I’m talking about now. To solve this mess they need to want them now and at a price that will help us. Whatever was offered in the past is in the past.

I get confused on the subject of FFP. I thought it was brought about to stop clubs ending up in the financial mire, those clubs who spent money they hadn’t got.

I didn’t understand it was also brought about to stop wealthy people from blowing as much of their own money as they wanted, that they could afford to waste, to get their club promoted. Anywhere else that would be called a restriction of trade.

I conclude FFP / P&S, whatever you wish to call it, is as bent as a duck. 

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I get confused on the subject of FFP. I thought it was brought about to stop clubs ending up in the financial mire, those clubs who spent money they hadn’t got.

I didn’t understand it was also brought about to stop wealthy people from blowing as much of their own money as they wanted, that they could afford to waste, to get their club promoted. Anywhere else that would be called a restriction of trade.

I conclude FFP / P&S, whatever you wish to call it, is as bent as a duck. 

It's designed so clubs don't go out if business if the owner ups and leaves.

If your billionaire owners commits to massive contracts and funds it all himself and then decides he's had enough, the club would be finished.

3 hours ago, londonowl said:

It's designed so clubs don't go out if business if the owner ups and leaves.

If your billionaire owners commits to massive contracts and funds it all himself and then decides he's had enough, the club would be finished.

Not if he signed a contract to cover ALL costs when he took over...that would sort the wheat from the chaff.

If you want to spend over the FFP limit, the Owner is responsible for all monies overspent if he leaves the club