Club 1867 Launch

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It’s just an act of desperation. We are going to be under an embargo and this is his desperate throw of the dice to avoid it. This won’t work, We don’t have any other realistic ideas and nobody wants to buy our players. Sooner he admits this the better.

Pretty much. 

Yeah, we should be looking to sell players, but it's more than likely we will be getting lowballed by any prospective buyers. 

Still - I think the EFL might be a bit kinder (this whole thing seems so arbitrary) if we were looking to sell players. The impression (from the outside looking in) is we are not. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

You would have thought he would have learned from the last time he tried this and no one was interested. Why the hell would he think it will work now ? 

Maybe you didn't notice, but now it comes with a book!!

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Maybe you didn't notice, but now it comes with a book!!

Yes...a book which reportedly hasn't even been made/published yet. 

As things stand, club1867 involves paying for something that may or may not happen. 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes...a book which reportedly hasn't even been made/published yet. 

As things stand, club1867 involves paying for something that may or may not happen. 

DC is no fool! Why would he publish a book before Club 1867 is funded?

It will be a very nice book. And you can pay anywhere from £300-2,000 for it (while supplies last!!)

14 minutes ago, bobness said:

DC is no fool! Why would he publish a book before Club 1867 is funded?

It will be a very nice book. And you can pay anywhere from £300-2,000 for it (while supplies last!!)

But it does come with a free can of ELEV8 .

• Haha 2

After last time, DC can have no realistic expectation of any revenue let alone significant revenue from this scheme. The re-launch of Club 1867 is just a case of DC going through the motions.

Upon its guaranteed failure, one of two things will then happen. 

1. A lack of fan backing will be blamed for us going it to an embargo once again.

2. A lack of fan backing will be blamed for the sale of one or more of our better players.

I believe most fan's support the second option but none of us will be happy to be scapegoated for either.

DC needs to own this situation of his own making and take sensible steps to put it right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

The book must be the Karma Sutre ... cos we (the fans) appear to be being shagged in a variety of positions 

Is the key to holding on this long for promotion in the tantric section?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

But it does come with a free can of ELEV8 .

Not quite. If you read the fine print it includes a free year of D-Taxi rides, if D-Taxis ever becomes a real thing, and one free can of ELEV8 if you select the Club 1867 + £14.99 Energy Package. 

*can may or may not contain liquid

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Morepork said:

After last time, DC can have no realistic expectation of any revenue let alone significant revenue from this scheme. The re-launch of Club 1867 is just a case of DC going through the motions.

Upon its guaranteed failure, one of two things will then happen. 

1. A lack of fan backing will be blamed for us going it to an embargo once again.

2. A lack of fan backing will be blamed for the sale of one or more of our better players.

I believe most fan's support the second option but none of us will be happy to be scapegoated for either.

DC needs to own this situation of his own making and take sensible steps to put it right. 

I fully expect number one to happen 

13 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

This is why I think Katrien was appointed, said it numerous times, she’s not even started the work she was brought in for. 

When the poo hits the fan, she has history of not giving a fizz and taking flack for owners who don’t give a fizz anymore. 

Guess we will see 

Agreed mate 

On 23/01/2019 at 11:39, punkskaphil said:

Maybe he doesn't feel he needs to.

On an aside, a lot of people picked up on his comment that evening about the fans' money not being worth anything. Given the way he speaks, the high emotions at that time, and the fact that he's pretty new to the English language, I got the impression (and I know a few others did, judging by some reactions on social media at the time) that he was actually meaning to say that the fans' money doesn't cover everything. A big difference. Of course I may be completely wrong, but it seemed to me to be a slip in language rather than a disrespectful disregarding of the fans' value.

Agreed with your aside point, for sure. But as for his comments about the club being up for sale, that was then all over the media and is the latest information out there for the fans. If the club isn't up for sale, I'd have expected him to mention this during his recent statement.

On 23/01/2019 at 12:00, toppOwl said:

I've gone through this about sixteen times, after a lengthy speech where he offered a few options on the future for the club he said at the end "if the fans are not happy (with what he's just said) I will put the club up for sale" the media then immediately reported it but missed out the vital six words to make it more newsworthy and cause panic - it clearly worked.

Not doubting you at all mate, but you're the only one I've seen relay the comments on the night in this way.

Whether I like the guy or think he's capable or not , I sincerely hope he or his advisors work a way safely round this mess

but 

IF, and I hope it's if and not when this project fails  we all know it will be our fault  all these statements added up are the foundations 

A point that hasn’t been clarified.

Inagien 10,000 pay for the 1 year deal, so a decent amount of income has been acquired to help Chansiri

but what if there’s still a small FFP shortfall resulting in an embargo still being applied in the Summer?

Does it mean that everyone’s gets their donation fully refunded immediately, or do they wait until the Summer or no refund no matter?

What if it stopped an embargo this season but there are FFP issues leading to an embargo next season?

Would that mean everyone receives a full refund next season or the season after etc.

The confusion is it’s not clear exactly how any raised funds will be used.

It could be seen as a temporary solution just prolonging the inevitable.

So the donations are just buying time and unless there’s a plan to raise alternative funds or sell payers it won’t stop a future embargo.

Edited by sheffsteel