7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have had a couple of days to digest this scheme and more I think about it less I like it.

Just comes across as playing on people loyalty towards the club and not for the first time.

Would I like to see Sheffield Wednesday in the Premier League? Of course I would be its not the be all and end all that I think its worth gambling with future season ticket sales.

Great point. I’d love to see Wednesday in the Premier League who wouldn’t. But it isn’t the be all and end all of supporting this club. Some of my best memories are from League 1. 

I just want too see us become a competitive well run championship team again and try and kick on from there. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have had a couple of days to digest this scheme and more I think about it less I like it.

Just comes across as playing on people loyalty towards the club and not for the first time.

Would I like to see Sheffield Wednesday in the Premier League? Of course I would be its not the be all and end all that I think its worth gambling with future season ticket sales.

Great point. I’d love to see Wednesday in the Premier League who wouldn’t. But it isn’t the be all and end all of supporting this club. Some of my best memories are from League 1. 

I just want too see us become a competitive well run championship team again and try and kick on from there. 

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

And who knows

They may talk a mate or two into coming with them

Or a dad may decide to take his lad who might become hooked, and form a lifetime allegiance to the club

Our pricing is ridiculous, how are we going to hook the next generation if parents can't afford to take their kids

Sell a player Chansiri, stop expecting supporters to pay through the nose, and drop the POTG prices

Hit the nail on the head mate.He never learns .again , he didn't see the bigger picture of pricing fans out of going. We are in danger of losing the next generation of supporters . 

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

And who knows

Or a dad may decide to take his lad who might become hooked, and form a lifetime allegiance to the club

Our pricing is ridiculous, how are we going to hook the next generation if parents can't afford to take their kids

Sell a player Chansiri, stop expecting supporters to pay through the nose, and drop the POTG prices

Too much short term thinking from the club. Don’t think they realise the long term damage it’s going to do. 

• Agree 2

Chansiris family have bought him a toy to play with and its us.  If the man cared about Wednesday even a little bit, he would be thinking about running us in a sustainable way, about attracting the next generation of fans, getting local businesses into the corporate boxes, generating goodwill and getting some local sponsorship however small to begin with.

Instead he has put his picture up everywhere, alienated everybody, run the club like a financial basket case and priced out the next generation of support.  Its beyond crazy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

28 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

And who knows

Been saying this say day one he took over, I have kids that have been to watch a non league side rather than Wednesday, it’s ridiculous 

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Too much short term thinking from the club. Don’t think they realise the long term damage it’s going to do. 

You are giving them too much credit with the word ''thinking'' here pal

• Haha 2

Might it have just been better to start the scheme from 2 years upto 5 and whichever option you chose would guarantee you a ST if we go up?

If you went for the 5 year option for instance it would be 5 years free ST. That could end up being 3 years in the championship, 1 in the PL then back down to the championship for year 5 (if relegated)

Price wise you could have gone for £300 kop, £350 north stand and £400 South and grandstand. Given that ticket revenue makes very little for clubs in the PL because of the TV deal it's not like we would suffer for it. 

If 21000 ST were sold in different parts of the ground using an average of 7000 per stand (Very high I know) on 2 year deals that would generate over £14 million? Obviously if more than 2 year deals were taken it would generate even more. 

Lower the corp boxes, get an outside shirt sponsor and or maker and that would help further. I know it's easy to criticise the current deal but it does seem like they could have done it better.

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

Somehting's got to give. It's clear we can't make the shortfall with FFP on ticket sales. We have to sell some assets. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Somehting's got to give. It's clear we can't make the shortfall with FFP on ticket sales. We have to sell some assets. 

That would be the sensible way forward 

Seems we all need to face up to an embargo now, which will likely be for the summer and next January windows.

Maybe just remains to be seen what kind of restrictions they’ll place on recruiting free transfers to replace all the out of contract players ie what the maximum squad size will be, how much can we pay people, when does an u23 player count towards the squad (with that in mind probably best restrict first team opportunities to Thorniley, Penney and Baker et al now so any others stay below whatever the appearance threashold might be).

In that situation we can forget about promotion or the play offs. Avoiding relegation will be all we can hope for, mid table at best if we are well organised. At least we’ll have a good man in Bruce for this situation, if he sticks around.

Buckle up and manage your expectations.

Looking at the rules on that Mike Thornton blog...

Looks like we’ll certainly fail Test 1 and Test 2, and without selling any players to meet whatever the £10m+ shortfall is by 1st March, we’ll fail Test 3.

This means that the league CAN impose a strict budget for signings in terms of fees/wages or they can put us under embargo. However there seems to be some ambiguity with the word can and obviously don’t know what the actual rules say (if the FL have even bothered to write them down).

If/when we fail Test 3 is there still scope to convince the league that we’ll be below FFP for the next two years, greatly helped by out of contract players and a player sale or two which might then not necessarily have to happen before March? I don’t know.

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/new-ffp-tests/

I know I haven’t got an answer yet, but surely someone knows.

If we clear these ffp problems for the time Being, are we limited to what Chansiri can spend or is it a free for all?

btw I would rather us spend nothing regardless of if it clears as we need to run the club efficiently even if on the field suffers for a while. 

The main aid reason I’m asking is this, surely if we clear ffp rules with selling let’s say reach , bannan and FF or lees etc I know we are losing our best players but if he’s allowed to splash his cash surely he would be selling them making sure we are clear then going on a spending spree for better players???? I know we rate these players but I’m sure if he’s got the cash some are talking about it won’t be a problem replacing them once we are clear????????

16 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I know I haven’t got an answer yet, but surely someone knows.

If we clear these ffp problems for the time Being, are we limited to what Chansiri can spend or is it a free for all?

btw I would rather us spend nothing regardless of if it clears as we need to run the club efficiently even if on the field suffers for a while. 

The main aid reason I’m asking is this, surely if we clear ffp rules with selling let’s say reach , bannan and FF or lees etc I know we are losing our best players but if he’s allowed to splash his cash surely he would be selling them making sure we are clear then going on a spending spree for better players???? I know we rate these players but I’m sure if he’s got the cash some are talking about it won’t be a problem replacing them once we are clear????????

I think it depends. 

If we fully clear FFP, which seems unlikely but perhaps possible, we could then spend what we liked. Although this would likely leave us in the same situation this time next year, or worse. If we partially clear it then we’ll probably have a budget imposed on us - so we can only sign a certain number of players with a limit on maximum wage.

Read that blog, it’s good.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I think it depends. 

If we fully clear FFP, which seems unlikely but perhaps possible, we could then spend what we liked. Although this would likely leave us in the same situation this time next year, or worse. If we partially clear it then we’ll probably have a budget imposed on us - so we can only sign a certain number of players with a limit on maximum wage.

This is the sort of thinking the chairman should be doing and working through with the league.
He could be clear to us about his strategy (even if not the details - especially since it will involve selling assets) and build some trust back in the fans that he is in control of the situation.
Rather than gimmicks like this scheme to cover mistakes he's already made, with no chance of the club progressing, and for the same problem to come back again next year anyway.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I think it depends. 

Cheers sonny, do you have a link to it? I haven’t seen it.

i guess the thing is if we get past this sanction or not I’m hoping we are sensible and don’t go spending like fools again. I can honestly see us somehow scraping through these sanctions and us going Bat poo crazy again which would be beyond disastrous. 

An embargo might not be the worst thing in the world for us right now, it might make us concentrate on running the club revenue streams more intelligently. Or at least I would hope it would make us do that. 

I think by now he should be getting the message this is not going to work. Forget these hair brained schemes DC and do what other clubs do by whealing and dealing some players. 

• Agree 1