Club 1867 Launch

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Canvassing opinion is never a waste of time... you treat opinion intellectually.. but it's definitely worth noting.

Aye,you're right but when was the last time there was a "positive" vote on here,i treat the votes on here with disdain,because time after time its "owlstalk has spoken" like its some comprehensive survey.

Its a drop in the ocean fan base wide.

From the Star - https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/exclusive-why-dejphon-chansiri-feels-steve-bruce-is-the-right-man-to-take-sheffield-wednesday-forward-1-9556475

Extract below. DC mentions1867......That first quote.....I sincerely hope he's been misquoted, FFS.

Now the Owls have relaunched the Club 1867 campaign to combat P&S regulations and Chansiri has pleaded with Wednesdayites to get behind the scheme. Chansiri said: "I want our fans to show it is not just my money they want me to spend. Now is the time for everyone to come together and show trust and not just give the word.  "We can make our club the very best. I have never asked anyone who cannot afford to buy anything for even one penny. To those who invested in Club 1867, I say thank you for supporting me without thinking of worth.  "I can also think of worth myself but I do not wish to do that, I want to finish the job I started but we have a problem that we can only solve together. If our fans really trust me, we will go together for the next part of the 1867 campaign and I truly hope we will be a great team." 

Edited by Morepork

10 minutes ago, Morepork said:

From the Star - https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/exclusive-why-dejphon-chansiri-feels-steve-bruce-is-the-right-man-to-take-sheffield-wednesday-forward-1-9556475

Extract below. DC mentions1867......That first quote.....I sincerely hope he's been misquoted, FFS.

Now the Owls have relaunched the Club 1867 campaign to combat P&S regulations and Chansiri has pleaded with Wednesdayites to get behind the scheme. Chansiri said: "I want our fans to show it is not just my money they want me to spend. Now is the time for everyone to come together and show trust and not just give the word.  "We can make our club the very best. I have never asked anyone who cannot afford to buy anything for even one penny. To those who invested in Club 1867, I say thank you for supporting me without thinking of worth.  "I can also think of worth myself but I do not wish to do that, I want to finish the job I started but we have a problem that we can only solve together. If our fans really trust me, we will go together for the next part of the 1867 campaign and I truly hope we will be a great team." 

Utterly Staggering 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Sighs.

He's living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Who in their right mind is going to cough up for this in addition to a season ticket? 

Crackers. 

You would have thought he would have learned from the last time he tried this and no one was interested. Why the hell would he think it will work now ? 

45 minutes ago, Morepork said:

That's scary, if this is his solution to p&s then we are truly f#cked

The first thing we need to do is obvious no matter how much we dislike it .A couple of our big names are going to have to be sold to balance the books.We aren't going to get promotion this season and to chase that dream would be a disaster We then need to offload the players who are out of contract in the summer.Finally we need to find a way to get more fans to come .There could be different levels of season tickets such as a midweek only season ticket for people who can't make saturdays and a weekend only ticket for fans who work midweek.There could also be a 3rd choice to run along normal season tickets where you get like a half season ticket that runs the full season but where you could only go to a couple of top category games.Any unsold executive boxes ought to be available via a raffle drawn out via a ticket same as the golden ticket that would be in a slightly more expensive programme.The raffle would be drawn at half time so the box was available for the next match.3x tickets for 4 guests sharing a box.I've not had a season ticket since the early 90,s but I'm seriousely considering purchasing one for next season.I've been a registered member for years but there's no real effort from the club to try to get me to purchase one.I suppose DC will have succeeded in one way as his call for investment and the state of the finances has motivated me to do my bit.I'm sure there are thousands of walk up fans such as me would love to do more to help and i have loads of mates who have jobs that means they can only attend certain games and if the issues of a fairer price to pay via the season ticket options above they would attend more.The fans are there to be lured back which would be a much better option than the 1867 scheme which with all the best intentions looks doomed to failure

11 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

The first thing we need to do is obvious no matter how much we dislike it .A couple of our big names are going to have to be sold to balance the books.We aren't going to get promotion this season and to chase that dream would be a disaster We then need to offload the players who are out of contract in the summer.Finally we need to find a way to get more fans to come .There could be different levels of season tickets such as a midweek only season ticket for people who can't make saturdays and a weekend only ticket for fans who work midweek.There could also be a 3rd choice to run along normal season tickets where you get like a half season ticket that runs the full season but where you could only go to a couple of top category games.Any unsold executive boxes ought to be available via a raffle drawn out via a ticket same as the golden ticket that would be in a slightly more expensive programme.The raffle would be drawn at half time so the box was available for the next match.3x tickets for 4 guests sharing a box.I've not had a season ticket since the early 90,s but I'm seriousely considering purchasing one for next season.I've been a registered member for years but there's no real effort from the club to try to get me to purchase one.I suppose DC will have succeeded in one way as his call for investment and the state of the finances has motivated me to do my bit.I'm sure there are thousands of walk up fans such as me would love to do more to help and i have loads of mates who have jobs that means they can only attend certain games and if the issues of a fairer price to pay via the season ticket options above they would attend more.The fans are there to be lured back which would be a much better option than the 1867 scheme which with all the best intentions looks doomed to failure

Get in the top six

"I want our fans to show it is not just my money they want me to spend."

Most fans just want to pay the going rate to watch a football match, a bit like fans at the vast majority of other clubs are able to do without their chairman offering harebrained schemes which nobody's interested in and uttering vaguely insulting statements like that.

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Most fans just want to pay the going rate to watch a football match, a bit like fans at the vast majority of other clubs are able to do without their chairman offering harebrained schemes which nobody's interested in and uttering vaguely insulting statements like that.

One sentence, so much damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

One sentence, so much damage.

He's a PR nightmare at times.

Even if I were considering his latest madcap scheme, I wouldn't be giving him a penny after spouting crap like that. Most of us have been spending our money on the club long before Chansiri had even heard of Sheffield Wednesday, and will continue to do so long after he's gone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's a PR nightmare at times.

Even if I were considering his latest madcap scheme, I wouldn't be giving him a penny after spouting crap like that. Most of us have been spending our money on the club long before Chansiri had even heard of Sheffield Wednesday, and will continue to do so long after he's gone.

There's a fascinating thread about this...

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd like to show a degree of allowance, insofar as English isn't his first language. 

It may not be his intention for things to come across quite so abrupt as they do...but then that's me trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Still - it's a poor thing for him to say and that quote is what jumped out to me when I was reading the article earlier. 

Needless to say, I anticipate another rant when the fans "fail" to do their part and very few Club 1867s are bought. 

Edited by SiJ

It’s just an act of desperation. We are going to be under an embargo and this is his desperate throw of the dice to avoid it. This won’t work, We don’t have any other realistic ideas and nobody wants to buy our players. Sooner he admits this the better.