Club 1867 Launch

1 hour ago, BigBlueDan said:

Meanwhile, tickets for the coming home games against Reading and Swansea are £33 minimum POTG. 

Put the prices down, more folk will come and spend more money, and (who knows) maybe even give the team more support. 

Then sell a player and pack it in with crazy schemes like this

£33 against Reading WTF:

He just never learns .

When he returns to Planet Earth, when will Chansiri learn that fleecing fans further is not way to fund success, nor Doyen , Abdi et al.

We need to find and develop young players for now and future, and sell some for big profits.

Also , this daft scheme only has minimal apppeal to regular spectators, while few benefits for our 300,000 fans / potential customers on social media.

At very least , he should have also offered free shares (not new , from his own holdings) to make it a more attractive offer.

So raising much more money and giving fans a voting say, plus big financial uplift if we get into EPL.  

36 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Didn’t seem to get answered on my other post, if anyone can help i would be interested to know.

If we sort out the financials to keep out of trouble with FFP, how much can Mr Chansiri and the club actually spend? 

Will it be a couple of million, five, or unlimited?  

Not a penny more 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigBlueDan said:

Meanwhile, tickets for the coming home games against Reading and Swansea are £33 minimum POTG. 

Put the prices down, more folk will come and spend more money, and (who knows) maybe even give the team more support. 

Absolutely farcical stuff that the club see it appropriate to charge such a high price for two meaningless games.

No wonder the ground is always half empty.  This chairman needs to give his head a shake.  The club is killing off POTG support and once fans are out of the habit, it’s very hard to get them back.

I have had a couple of days to digest this scheme and more I think about it less I like it.

Just comes across as playing on people loyalty towards the club and not for the first time.

Would I like to see Sheffield Wednesday in the Premier League? Of course I would be its not the be all and end all that I think its worth gambling with future season ticket sales.

21 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

For those wondering what's it's like when a dictator stops part - funding his club, see Netflix documentary about Sunderland last season.

So many parallels with us it's frightening, like Rodwell on £60,000 a week but doing nowt.

And they have parachute payments. 

Great point.

Rodwell is probably in a similar position to what Abdi is with us. I actually felt a bit sorry for Rodwell, it’s not his fault he was offered stupid wages at a club that he is never going to get elsewhere, so why would or should he have just left? The blame should always lie at the people who gave him that ridiculous contract. 

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have had a couple of days to digest this scheme and more I think about it less I like it.

Just comes across as playing on people loyalty towards the club and not for the first time.

Would I like to see Sheffield Wednesday in the Premier League? Of course I would be its not the be all and end all that I think its worth gambling with future season ticket sales.

Great point. I’d love to see Wednesday in the Premier League who wouldn’t. But it isn’t the be all and end all of supporting this club. Some of my best memories are from League 1. 

I just want too see us become a competitive well run championship team again and try and kick on from there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBlueDan said:

And who knows

They may talk a mate or two into coming with them

Or a dad may decide to take his lad who might become hooked, and form a lifetime allegiance to the club

Our pricing is ridiculous, how are we going to hook the next generation if parents can't afford to take their kids

Sell a player Chansiri, stop expecting supporters to pay through the nose, and drop the POTG prices

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Great point. I’d love to see Wednesday in the Premier League who wouldn’t. But it isn’t the be all and end all of supporting this club. Some of my best memories are from League 1. 

I just want too see us become a competitive well run championship team again and try and kick on from there. 

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

And who knows

Or a dad may decide to take his lad who might become hooked, and form a lifetime allegiance to the club

Our pricing is ridiculous, how are we going to hook the next generation if parents can't afford to take their kids

Sell a player Chansiri, stop expecting supporters to pay through the nose, and drop the POTG prices

Hit the nail on the head mate.He never learns .again , he didn't see the bigger picture of pricing fans out of going. We are in danger of losing the next generation of supporters . 

14 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

And who knows

Too much short term thinking from the club. Don’t think they realise the long term damage it’s going to do. 

Chansiris family have bought him a toy to play with and its us.  If the man cared about Wednesday even a little bit, he would be thinking about running us in a sustainable way, about attracting the next generation of fans, getting local businesses into the corporate boxes, generating goodwill and getting some local sponsorship however small to begin with.

Instead he has put his picture up everywhere, alienated everybody, run the club like a financial basket case and priced out the next generation of support.  Its beyond crazy.

• Like 1

Might it have just been better to start the scheme from 2 years upto 5 and whichever option you chose would guarantee you a ST if we go up?

If you went for the 5 year option for instance it would be 5 years free ST. That could end up being 3 years in the championship, 1 in the PL then back down to the championship for year 5 (if relegated)

Price wise you could have gone for £300 kop, £350 north stand and £400 South and grandstand. Given that ticket revenue makes very little for clubs in the PL because of the TV deal it's not like we would suffer for it. 

If 21000 ST were sold in different parts of the ground using an average of 7000 per stand (Very high I know) on 2 year deals that would generate over £14 million? Obviously if more than 2 year deals were taken it would generate even more. 

Lower the corp boxes, get an outside shirt sponsor and or maker and that would help further. I know it's easy to criticise the current deal but it does seem like they could have done it better.

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

Our supporters are actually giving their blessing for the chairman to sell our best players to generate funds. In my opinion, that proves that this is the ONLY solution to avoiding an embargo in the summer. We've got to take one step back to take two steps forward. It is that simple.

Accept the gamble didn't pay off, learn from previous mistakes, and set out a 3-5 year plan outlining how we are going to challenge again while utilising ALL revenue streams using a sensible pricing structure to generate the funds needed to build a squad capable of challenging for the top 6. The squad needs rebuilding, and Bruce is certainly capable of overseeing this.