Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Morepork said:

 

Yes or no then.....?

Yes and no 

 

It partially works for FFP purposes and there is plenty of interpretation scope with accounts. 2 different accountants would give 2 different answers depending on what answer the client wanted :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yes and no 

 

It partially works for FFP purposes and there is plenty of interpretation scope with accounts. 2 different accountants would give 2 different answers depending on what answer the client wanted :wacko:

 

That was like a politicians answer mkowl.....

In my experience "ambiguity" can be both good and bad when it comes to matters of accounting.... lol

Edited by Morepork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Morepork said:

 

In my experience "ambiguity" can be both good and bad when it comes to matters of accounting.... lol

I make a living out if it 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me for losing the plot here but imo for the prices they are quoting that's what you should be paying TO GET A SEASON TICKET. 

 

and....

 

If you sign up for a five year deal you MIGHT EXPECT TO GET A DISCOUNT for a few more years. 

 

(sorry for SHOUTING)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

FRS 102 used in the accounts but yep principles of revenue recognition basically the same. So agree your conclusion - Good job we don't work for the EFL

 

MK - your analysis and interpretation is excellent and thank you. 

 

As a general question, as you follow far more than I do, who audits the accounts (I know I can find it out), for how long and have the relevant standards been applied correctly with transitional rules applied? 

 

I don’t expect an answer! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd give the proposition some thought if I didn't have zero confidence in the chairman to run the club sensibly. Sadly, this is not an investment. An investment provides a business funds to do something with. We've already spent the funds he is now trying to raise. He's shown no signs he has learned and is about to run then club sensibly even if the fans dig him out. We need to wheel and deal. Salaries and transfer fees make any scheme such as this like weeing in the wind. At best it would delay the inevitable by 1 season.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hand on heart would be amazed if sales of the Club 1867 even reach double figures.

 

Someone said it yesterday, the club does not know the demographics of the majority of its fans (customers.....) and this whole episode and the fact that they are persevering with it proves it IMO.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nebneeb said:

I'd give the proposition some thought if I didn't have zero confidence in the chairman to run the club sensibly. Sadly, this is not an investment. An investment provides a business funds to do something with. We've already spent the funds he is now trying to raise. He's shown no signs he has learned and is about to run then club sensibly even if the fans dig him out. We need to wheel and deal. Salaries and transfer fees make any scheme such as this like weeing in the wind. At best it would delay the inevitable by 1 season.

 

The most damning aspect of our current situation and the part I am unable to forgive isn't that mistakes have been made, it's that lessons are clearly not learnt.

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BHP based in Sheffield, just off Glossop Road

 

They were the auditors under MM as well so since he took over.

 

I would never question another firm of accountants and their interpretation of accounting standards. If nothing else they have the information to hand unlike me. I can only assess this stuff on a generic level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I find the whole thing pretty unpleasant tbh. 

 

Not only is it a stupid idea and I'd be staggered if many are daft (or rich) enough to stump up for it, but it's also the quite blatant emotional blackmailing of fans too. 

 

We already pay some of the highest prices in the league - and do so for a team who have massively underperformed for two seasons running. We are now being asked to stump up further cash to cover a financial blackhole that has bee caused by the chairman's poor management and lack of know-how. 

 

I have no doubt that Chansiri will throw his toys out the pram when we sell about 10. 

 

Summed it up perfectly mate. And i for one will not be buying into this. 

 

I suggest Chansiri does what every other club does when they need to balance the books, and sells some players. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Morepork said:

 

The most damning aspect of our current situation and the part I am unable to forgive isn't that mistakes have been made, it's that lessons are clearly not learnt.

 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Hand on heart would be amazed if sales of the Club 1867 even reach double figures.

 

Someone said it yesterday, the club does not know the demographics of the majority of its fans (customers.....) and this whole episode and the fact that they are persevering with it proves it IMO.

 

I'll be amazed if they reach single figures.

 

I seriously can't imagine anybody looking at this scheme and thinking it's a good idea, regardless of whether they can easily afford it or not. All you'd be doing is encouraging our chairman to continue gambling with our future rather than implementing a sensible, sustainable plan which might see us avoid embargo and start to rebuild for the future.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yes and no 

 

It partially works for FFP purposes and there is plenty of interpretation scope with accounts. 2 different accountants would give 2 different answers depending on what answer the client wanted :wacko:

The only accountant that could support this scheme would be the accountant being paid to come up with the scheme... it is a sham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

I'll be amazed if they reach single figures.

 

I seriously can't imagine anybody looking at this scheme and thinking it's a good idea, regardless of whether they can easily afford it or not. All you'd be doing is encouraging our chairman to continue gambling with our future rather than implementing a sensible, sustainable plan which might see us avoid embargo and start to rebuild for the future.

Exactly. 

 

It's just not good enough tbh. 

 

The club needs to start building a long-term, coherent strategy. If we do that, then we have a chance of getting ourselves promoted, particularly as Chansiri has the money to back such a project. 

 

Instead, he's opted for a boom or bust approach and, despite what has happened with respect to missing out on promotion, Profit and Sustainability etc., is now looking to do more of the same. 

 

He clearly hasn't learned his lesson and refuses to acknowledge what has gone wrong/is too impatient to try anything different. 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

I'll be amazed if they reach single figures.

 

I seriously can't imagine anybody looking at this scheme and thinking it's a good idea, regardless of whether they can easily afford it or not. All you'd be doing is encouraging our chairman to continue gambling with our future rather than implementing a sensible, sustainable plan which might see us avoid embargo and start to rebuild for the future.

 

Frankly its weird, almost as if he sees the sale of a player as some form of failure. It's just more evidence of a lack of understanding around the game which coupled with our other missteps off the field has paralysed the club.

 

There's always the chance that he's a "hoarder" and they don't sell things!! I should know..... 

Edited by Morepork
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its becoming clear that DC`s way of sorting our FFP problem is to try and fleece the supporters , instead of selling players.  Wait for the massive ST price hikes coming soon. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just out of interest, if its currently available to buy (ill be honest I took one look at the price, sharp intake of breath, then disregarded the rest). 

 

Has anyone actually bought one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

So just out of interest, if its currently available to buy (ill be honest I took one look at the price, sharp intake of breath, then disregarded the rest). 

 

Has anyone actually bought one? 

 

No way will i buy one ,even though i can afford it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok if we peel everything right back, if we sell let’s say reach and bannan or lees or something and let’s say we do well and get £20 million ( I know it’s unlikely but work with me) 

for the accountants or anyone up on Ffp what can we actually then spend if mr Chansiri has a pot of money?

 

sorry this is a leading question but I need the answer first 

Edited by 2roland2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...