Club 1867 Launch

1 minute ago, nebneeb said:

I'd give the proposition some thought if I didn't have zero confidence in the chairman to run the club sensibly. Sadly, this is not an investment. An investment provides a business funds to do something with. We've already spent the funds he is now trying to raise. He's shown no signs he has learned and is about to run then club sensibly even if the fans dig him out. We need to wheel and deal. Salaries and transfer fees make any scheme such as this like weeing in the wind. At best it would delay the inevitable by 1 season.

The most damning aspect of our current situation and the part I am unable to forgive isn't that mistakes have been made, it's that lessons are clearly not learnt.

• Thanks 1

BHP based in Sheffield, just off Glossop Road

They were the auditors under MM as well so since he took over.

I would never question another firm of accountants and their interpretation of accounting standards. If nothing else they have the information to hand unlike me. I can only assess this stuff on a generic level

21 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I find the whole thing pretty unpleasant tbh. 

Not only is it a stupid idea and I'd be staggered if many are daft (or rich) enough to stump up for it, but it's also the quite blatant emotional blackmailing of fans too. 

We already pay some of the highest prices in the league - and do so for a team who have massively underperformed for two seasons running. We are now being asked to stump up further cash to cover a financial blackhole that has bee caused by the chairman's poor management and lack of know-how. 

I have no doubt that Chansiri will throw his toys out the pram when we sell about 10. 

Summed it up perfectly mate. And i for one will not be buying into this. 

I suggest Chansiri does what every other club does when they need to balance the books, and sells some players. 

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Hand on heart would be amazed if sales of the Club 1867 even reach double figures.

Someone said it yesterday, the club does not know the demographics of the majority of its fans (customers.....) and this whole episode and the fact that they are persevering with it proves it IMO.

I'll be amazed if they reach single figures.

I seriously can't imagine anybody looking at this scheme and thinking it's a good idea, regardless of whether they can easily afford it or not. All you'd be doing is encouraging our chairman to continue gambling with our future rather than implementing a sensible, sustainable plan which might see us avoid embargo and start to rebuild for the future.

18 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yes and no 

It partially works for FFP purposes and there is plenty of interpretation scope with accounts. 2 different accountants would give 2 different answers depending on what answer the client wanted :wacko:

The only accountant that could support this scheme would be the accountant being paid to come up with the scheme... it is a sham. 

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I seriously can't imagine anybody looking at this scheme and thinking it's a good idea, regardless of whether they can easily afford it or not. All you'd be doing is encouraging our chairman to continue gambling with our future rather than implementing a sensible, sustainable plan which might see us avoid embargo and start to rebuild for the future.

Exactly. 

It's just not good enough tbh. 

The club needs to start building a long-term, coherent strategy. If we do that, then we have a chance of getting ourselves promoted, particularly as Chansiri has the money to back such a project. 

Instead, he's opted for a boom or bust approach and, despite what has happened with respect to missing out on promotion, Profit and Sustainability etc., is now looking to do more of the same. 

He clearly hasn't learned his lesson and refuses to acknowledge what has gone wrong/is too impatient to try anything different. 

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Frankly its weird, almost as if he sees the sale of a player as some form of failure. It's just more evidence of a lack of understanding around the game which coupled with our other missteps off the field has paralysed the club.

There's always the chance that he's a "hoarder" and they don't sell things!! I should know..... 

Edited by Morepork

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

So just out of interest, if its currently available to buy (ill be honest I took one look at the price, sharp intake of breath, then disregarded the rest). 

Has anyone actually bought one? 

No way will i buy one ,even though i can afford it. 

No doubt the failure of fans to take up the offer will be interpreted as a lack of support. The reality of the situation is that most fans can see the way forward and want nothing more than to see the club proceed on a sustainable pathway.

• Like 2

Just now, S36 OWL said:

No way will i buy one ,even though i can afford it. 

Im looking for some balance in the thread. 

Saw alot of people spouting off esp. On twitter, sayingbthey were going on pre launch. Just wonder, now its out, have they signed up? 

If so why? 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

It's just not good enough tbh. 

The club needs to start building a long-term, coherent strategy. If we do that, then we have a chance of getting ourselves promoted, particularly as Chansiri has the money to back such a project. 

Instead, he's opted for a boom or bust approach and, despite what has happened with respect to missing out on promotion, Profit and Sustainability etc., is now looking to do more of the same. 

He clearly hasn't learned his lesson and refuses to acknowledge what has gone wrong/is too impatient to try anything different. 

You know it's bad when football fans - who are usually urging their club to sign everyone, pay whatever, and to hell with the consequences - are begging our chairman to sell a player or two in order to balance the books!

• Thanks 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You know it's bad when football fans - who are usually urging their club to sign everyone, pay whatever, and to hell with the consequences - are begging our chairman to sell a player or two in order to balance the books!

Adults in the room........ lol

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

No doubt the failure of fans to take up the offer will be interpreted as a lack of support. The reality of the situation is that most fans can see the way forward and want nothing more than to see the club proceed on a sustainable pathway.

However, we all know it will be seen as a massive slap in the face to the chairman, that we dont support him. 

When all weve done, is not sign up to something, we see as perhaps a poor idea. 

I wonder what the club’s target is before they pull the plug on the scheme? I believe the FAQs state if there is not enough uptake the whole scheme is cancelled?

There has been some really knowledgeable and informed comment in this thread and it’s been an interesting catch up after being at work all day. 

With each scheme like this I feel more and more disconnected from the club. My loyalty and passion is being replaced with apathy and embarrassment. 

The whole enterprise is being made so much more complicated than it needs to be. 

I have a few theories as to why we aren’t selling players.  The fact we aren’t doing so when it’s the easiest way out of this mess is just bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Scary.

49 minutes ago, owlsup said:

MK - your analysis and interpretation is excellent and thank you. 

As a general question, as you follow far more than I do, who audits the accounts (I know I can find it out), for how long and have the relevant standards been applied correctly with transitional rules applied? 

I don’t expect an answer! 

its BHP barber Harrison  platt as was

Edited by waynecoyne14