Club 1867 Launch

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

The problem with the 1867 plan it won't help the profit and sustainability one bit.

You pay money to the club for a season ticket on promotion of the side, as well as this you get a discount on your season tickets until promotion from next season. This is the gist of the deal.

So in order for the club to release any money from the sale of this they would have to achieve promotion so any money that comes in will be classed as deferred income i.e. cannot be released as additional revenue until the stipulation of the deal are realised i.e. promotion.

Even if they argue that they are giving discounts on season tickets that does not start till next season so just covers the cost of lost season ticket money.

Other than putting some money in the bank to pay the bill the whole scheme is a complete farce.

I would suggest the club get a proper trained advisor in before wasting anymore time on a scheme that on the face of it will in no way help FFP or Profit and Sustainability as it will be a balance sheet item not profit and loss to those accounts people out there.

As far as I understand it, and I could be wrong...

On paper, you're not paying for the Premier League Season Ticket or the discounts on Season Tickets until we get there.

Your hundreds/thousands of pounds are paying for a book.

The other stuff is just 'promotional benefits' connected to the purchase of the book, in theory.

That is the only reason the book is included in this whole package, I believe. To provide some current value that the income can be balanced against now rather than deferred.

• Thanks 1

On 22/01/2019 at 16:37, bigash_swfc said:

I agree, it's a good offer.

Smallest of gripes though, receiving a book with your name printed in, to show your contribution - which isn't available for general sale!

It would be nice to print everyone's name in the programme each week, as a sign of gratitude for taking a leap of faith. They deserve a club 1867 members page within the programme to be seen by all - not just fellow members.

On 22/01/2019 at 16:38, royalowlisback said:

And a free business card with the words' idiot fan' on it.

Could we title the section in the programme.....

True fans

lol

Edited by ReginaldD

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

On paper, you're not paying for the Premier League Season Ticket or the discounts on Season Tickets until we get there.

The other stuff is just 'promotional benefits' connected to the purchase of the book, in theory.

That is the only reason the book is included in this whole package, I believe. To provide some current value that the income can be balanced against now rather than deferred.

it's a flipping good book tho :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

The whole scheme is ludicrous .  

3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

It doesn't even exist.

This whole thing is basically a Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign.

nope don't believe you  ...our  owner is always honest ,  he says there's a book there's a book  even if it's a copy of how to stave off relegation whilst selling promotion or bust tickets 

Edited by steelowl
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Has to be that to get around FFP

As I mentioned yesterday not convinced the EFL accountants won't suggest invoking substance over legal form and suggesting that accounting principles could equally defer some or part of the income against this future "cost.

So if you bought something today but got a 10% voucher off a future purchase then accounting wise should make a provision for their future use

Guest Willow Owl
22 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

lol

Got to stop it now pal. My sides are going to split. Some on here will let a vicar wind them up. 

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Has to be that to get around FFP

As I mentioned yesterday not convinced the EFL accountants won't suggest invoking substance over legal form and suggesting that accounting principles could equally defer some or part of the income against this future "cost.

So if you bought something today but got a 10% voucher off a future purchase then accounting wise should make a provision for their future use

Indeed.

My major worry is the short-termism here, if it goes to what I am assume to be the plan.

It is basically compromising all our main future revenue avenues for the now.

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

Indeed.

My major worry is the short-termism here, if it goes to what I am assume to be the plan.

IMHO things have gone so pearshaped since huddersfield debacle I don't think there is a plan   financial, recruitment or P&S 

21 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

It'll have to sell more than the Bible for this turkey to fly..

16 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Indeed.

Absolutely this.

3 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

At the end of the day, it's just ANOTHER attempt to fleece the fans of cash. They just see us as cash cows. 

End of.

I know this is a tiny thing in the grand scheme of things and I am just an insignificant fan, but:

As a student new in Sheffield I loved the £9 tickets that were offered through the union to see about 50% of home games. Then they increased the price from one season to the next to £15. Straight away that's me priced out of going and I have to pretty much half my attendance frequency. I understand that it mirrors the POTG price increase we see for the normal Sheffield folk, but it's still a lot. 

Then we get to last year and the introduction of iFollow, and it gave me the opportunity (via a VPN) to spend some cash and watch games again. Fast forward to this season, price has doubled and VPNs are pretty much universally blocked (outside of their control, totally get that I was being a very naughty boy etc so very few qualms about that).

But my point is, is that now I'm earning money in a full time job and I have expendable income, I have zero motivation to spend a penny of it on this club. I was treated with relative contempt as a student by the 60% price increase. I've seen fans treated with cash-cow contempt POTG prices. We get two hair-brained schemes per year which are designed to have people pump in quite frankly f*cking disgusting amounts of money and have all the design finesse of being constructed by a 12 year old. There's just no incentive for someone like me, a proper casual fan who would have been very happy to be sucked in by Wednesday and become a season ticket holder, to make that step to start attending games again even semi-regularly. 

And I know it matters not one jot in the wider scheme of things, but I think it's endemic of the wider issue we've got going at Wednesday. And now that I (rightly or wrongly) perceive Wednesday to be like this, it's going to take a heck of a lot to entice me to start going again. And I'd imagine that's a view echoed amongst a lot of Sheffielders that aren't too fussed about going but would like to in an ideal world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I know this is a tiny thing in the grand scheme of things and I am just an insignificant fan, but:

As a student new in Sheffield I loved the £9 tickets that were offered through the union to see about 50% of home games. Then they increased the price from one season to the next to £15. Straight away that's me priced out of going and I have to pretty much half my attendance frequency. I understand that it mirrors the POTG price increase we see for the normal Sheffield folk, but it's still a lot. 

Then we get to last year and the introduction of iFollow, and it gave me the opportunity (via a VPN) to spend some cash and watch games again. Fast forward to this season, price has doubled and VPNs are pretty much universally blocked (outside of their control, totally get that I was being a very naughty boy etc so very few qualms about that).

But my point is, is that now I'm earning money in a full time job and I have expendable income, I have zero motivation to spend a penny of it on this club. I was treated with relative contempt as a student by the 60% price increase. I've seen fans treated with cash-cow contempt POTG prices. We get two hair-brained schemes per year which are designed to have people pump in quite frankly f*cking disgusting amounts of money and have all the design finesse of being constructed by a 12 year old. There's just no incentive for someone like me, a proper casual fan who would have been very happy to be sucked in by Wednesday and become a season ticket holder, to make that step to start attending games again even semi-regularly. 

And I know it matters not one jot in the wider scheme of things, but I think it's endemic of the wider issue we've got going at Wednesday. And now that I (rightly or wrongly) perceive Wednesday to be like this, it's going to take a heck of a lot to entice me to start going again. And I'd imagine that's a view echoed amongst a lot of Sheffielders that aren't too fussed about going but would like to in an ideal world. 

We'll never have an ideal world but I can see your viewpoint... however I think the season ticket prices aren't bad as they stand.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We'll never have an ideal world but I can see your viewpoint... however I think the season ticket prices aren't bad as they stand.

Compare them to other clubs ,and they are extortionate.