Club 1867 Launch

Whole thing is bonkers.

Is FFP so draconian that we can't get ourselves out of trouble by selling one or two assets and then releasing a host of top earners whose contracts are expiring in the summer?

Is this the only solution? Which do we think the EFL would be more accommodating to? 

A club looking to balance it's books and get it's house in order or a club looking to implement a get rich quick scheme which will see future income spent?  

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

you guys/gals ever heard the term psychological projection ?    googled the remedy tenna ladies will do it    don't go to the club shop they will be  £30

Definitely some Freudian leaking going on there I'd say

17 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Did you miss the last Fans' Group meeting where he announced the club was for sale?

Was all over the press the next day too... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46630885

Think he just said the club was for sale when he got frustrated at the fans meeting.

Every club is for sale at the right the right price but don't think Chansiri is looking to sell up in particular. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think he just said the club was for sale when he got frustrated at the fans meeting.

Every club is for sale at the right the right price but don't think Chansiri is looking to sell up in particular. 

Not heard/seem him retract that statement. Surely, if it was a 'heat of the moment' thing he would have corrected it? I'd also worry about an owner saying stuff like that just because he had a few questions he didn't like...

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Not heard/seem him retract that statement. Surely, if it was a 'heat of the moment' thing he would have corrected it? I'd also worry about an owner saying stuff like that just because he had a few questions he didn't like...

I agree with you that he hasn't retracted or clarify his statement.
Also agree that getting frustrated with a clubs supporters asking in the vast majority of cases reasonable questions does not reflect well on him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Maybe he doesn't feel he needs to.

On an aside, a lot of people picked up on his comment that evening about the fans' money not being worth anything. Given the way he speaks, the high emotions at that time, and the fact that he's pretty new to the English language, I got the impression (and I know a few others did, judging by some reactions on social media at the time) that he was actually meaning to say that the fans' money doesn't cover everything. A big difference. Of course I may be completely wrong, but it seemed to me to be a slip in language rather than a disrespectful disregarding of the fans' value.

• Like 1

I think the lack of interest in this new club 1867 scheme (it won’t get anywhere close the the numbers required to run) and a reduction of season ticket holders renewing when that comes around will be the final straw for DC. Clearly out of his depth and embargo is pretty much nailed on the way things are going, can’t see any other scenario than him selling up. 

The club should just offer the Season Ticket Early Bird offers of last season

Every season there should be a rolling 2, 3, 4, and 5 year season ticket

My 3 year deal ends this season, if I could afford to, which unfortunately I can't, I'd go for the 5 year

I want to help my club

But I want something back in return

Buying a 5 year Club 1867 Pie in the sky thingy, that may never provide a season ticket is too much of a gamble and a complete no no for me

The other worrying thing, isn't this Club 1867 thing just an exercise in spending tomorrows money today

Most well run clubs sell players, they don't resort to hair brained schemes like this

We need to do a Brentford, get them in cheap, develop them, and sell them for a big profit

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

49 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Did you miss the last Fans' Group meeting where he announced the club was for sale?

Was all over the press the next day too... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46630885

I've gone through this about sixteen times, after a lengthy speech where he offered a few options on the future for the club he said at the end "if the fans are not happy (with what he's just said) I will put the club up for sale" the media then immediately reported it but missed out the vital six words to make it more newsworthy and cause panic - it clearly worked.

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I've gone through this about sixteen times, after a lengthy speech where he offered a few options on the future for the club he said at the end "if the fans are not happy (with what he's just said) I will put the club up for sale" the media then immediately reported it but missed out the vital six words to make it more newsworthy and cause panic - it clearly worked.

why would it cause panic? the next owner might have a coherent plan

16 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

From the other side, imagine buying Club 1867 and then not getting a Chelsea ticket.  They have to give priority over and beyond season ticket holders for people that take this up.

I take your point, but depending on the uptake this could basically turn away games into a closed shop.

That being said, I doubt enough people are going to buy in for this to be a problem - the daftest part is that we've already sold loads of five-year season tickets etc. so the people who really are willing to pump that level of money into the club (hats off if you are, I wish I could afford it) have already done it.

46 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Yes but I think a later point someone was making is if his words have been misinterpret or misreported why hasn't he clarified or retracted these statements?

I agree though that the club is not up for sale or a least not more then any other club.

2016 "Love, I've had a brainwave. I'm getting me and the boy a 3 year season ticket, we will save shed loads when we get promoted next year. Only thing is we will have to give the holiday a miss this year"

Roll on 3 years, "I have another cunning plan. I'm going to get a 5 year...."

I don't think that's going to work a second time so that's me out!

10 minutes ago, Beany71 said:

2016 "Love, I've had a brainwave. I'm getting me and the boy a 3 year season ticket, we will save shed loads when we get promoted next year. Only thing is we will have to give the holiday a miss this year"

Roll on 3 years, "I have another cunning plan. I'm going to get a 5 year...."

I don't think that's going to work a second time so that's me out!

If you get away with the 5 year extension, then tell her that you're also forking out now for a 5 year Premier League season ticket,  just in case we ever get there...

IIt's not going to take off enough to make a significant difference.

So what next ?

We can see the route he's taking seems he would rather the fans took on the expense rather than sell players

If this fails what are the odds on a season ticket hike?

Thats gonna go down like a lead balloon

Time to sell players DC

Fans haven't got the disposable income

Guest Hirst1867

Im in my 50s - so Id definitely need some assurances that I can pass it on to my kids if we don't get in the Premier League in my lifetime