Club 1867 Launch

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, supersiggi said:

Does Willow Owl work for in the club's PR department? Some of our recent press releases are in a similar vein to his posts - rambling, confusing etc etc

Try actually reading Roland's post again. Then tell me where in any of my posts i have said we are NOT debt free. My arguement is the opposite.. 

Go back to original posts regarding external debt to banks. 

The club is being run at a massive loss because of the decisions of the chairman.  While ever this situation exists how can he keep asking the fans for more money?  It isn't a one off appeal we will always be in debt so presumably he will always be asking for more.

Also, even £3m is a relatively small contribution as has been pointed out.  And didn't DC say that the fans contribution was next to nothing?  So why do it?

The truth is he has no idea how to run a football club and no idea how fans feel and live.  But he is too proud and stupid to delegate the running of the club to people who know what they are doing.

8 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Try actually reading Roland's post again. Then tell me where in any of my posts i have said we are NOT debt free. My arguement is the opposite.. 

You talk some reyt ballacks....

Edited by JOHNHARKES
  • Haha 1

People feel very passionately about their football club, in my book it's pretty immoral to try and exploit that in order to cover yearly expenditure. This isn't a long term investment in the future of the club, it's kicking the FFP can down the road and masking the incompetence of the chairman.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I have a feeling our fans pockets are pretty close to empty.

The last 2 seasons of underachieving meh won't help squeeze the last dregs.

Prefer the Chairman to have a long term sustainable plan of his own.

I have had a season ticket for the last 34 years and feel I have made my commitment to the club financially . If the club waste that money , that's not my fault . I can afford to buy into this scheme , but I won't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I have had a season ticket for the last 34 years and feel I have made my commitment to the club financially . If the club waste that money , that's not my fault . I can afford to buy into this scheme , but I won't. 

Nobody can argue with that.

18 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Oh Mr C, you crack me up with your incoherent ramblings :Chansiri:lol

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

People feel very passionately about their football club, in my book it's pretty immoral to try and exploit that in order to cover yearly expenditure. This isn't a long term investment in the future of the club, it's kicking the FFP can down the road and masking the incompetence of the chairman.  

Agreed, its using plasters when you need an operating theatre

The football league could have thought it out better....

I take it as read that FFP is there to stop clubs going into administration...fair enough...but say you have an owner like Chansiri who is willing to spend his own money, why not let him guarantee the debt...

For instance Chansiri pledges to pay whatever debt is owed under FFP himself...nothing to do with the club, if he actually has the wealth.

The way FFP going is leaving clubs no choice but to pass it on to the supporters...and sadly Delphjon isn't doing it very well, but if his intentions are honorable..Why can't he simply say "The clubs safe..The buck stops with me?

Leaving aside the future lost revenue from Prem ticket sales and the admin costs of running the scheme and assuming:
1) a ratio of full to concession tickets of 3:1
2) equal take-up across the 3 stands
For every 1000 subscribers (750 full, 250 over 65) the club would receive:
1 year: £490,000
2 years: £980,000
3 years: £1,469,167
4 years: £1,959,167
5 years: £2,449,167
So if you take the median of 3 years as average the club would get £1.47m per 1000 joining the scheme
That equates to £28,253 per week. Less than the pay of 1 of our top earners.
As a solution to our P&S difficulties you'd have to be aiming for a take-up of several thousand. 
Realistically, how many people can you see taking the plunge?

So, let's look at how much this COULD raise. 

If we have 20,000 season ticket holders, but 5,000 are kids, then you have 15,000 people that will be interested (in theory). 

Obviously there are prices for different stands, so i'll use the North/Grandstand price as the average. 

If 15,000 people all bought a five year package at £2,775, that would raise £41,625,000.

What would (just over) 40 million pounds buy us in today's market. You'd probably get three very good players and maybe have enough left to cover their wages for the length of the contract. And that's it. 

Regardless of the fact these players could (and probably would knowing our luck) get injured, would three players make that much difference to our team? Also, there's no guarantee they'd be any good. 

It's a massive throw of the dice - at best. 

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The football league could have thought it out better....

I take it as read that FFP is there to stop clubs going into administration...fair enough...but say you have an owner like Chansiri who is willing to spend his own money, why not let him guarantee the debt...

For instance Chansiri pledges to pay whatever debt is owed under FFP himself...nothing to do with the club, if he actually has the wealth.

The way FFP going is leaving clubs no choice but to pass it on to the supporters...and sadly Delphjon isn't doing it very well, but if his intentions are honorable..Why can't he simply say "The clubs safe..The buck stops with me?

If you read the FFP requirements it is a lot more strict, not just the 39m loss thing

Before you even get to that stage - and much lower losses - they have to be confident the owner will support the Club

the potential disciplinary action kicks in after that guarantee is given or assured 

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

For what it’s worth - those berating it, why? Nobody is forcing you to do this option - it’s clearly aimed at those who took out multi years in the past with the incentive of promised PL season tickets ahead - some will go for it, the majority won’t. 

Its not here to solve all problems FFP - but it might make a million or 2 difference which could sway a decision On offering a contract to someone or not selling a player.

Are you sure about that?

Pretty sure it's reintroduction was mentioned in the same incoherent rant about profit and sustainability, transfer embargoes and so on. 

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

If you read the FFP requirements it is a lot more strict, not just the 39m loss thing

Before you even get to that stage - and much lower losses - they have to be confident the owner will support the Club

the potential disciplinary action kicks in after that guarantee is given or assured 

Oh Christ...

I can remember Bradford City's 25 year season ticket scheme being a similar 'no brainer' until the club went into administration and the season ticket holders became unsecured creditors of the club with their tickets worthless.  I can also remember Leeds raising debt against 10 years season ticket income to 'chase the dream' / buy more goldfish for Ridsdale.

We've got to live within our means and if that means being uncompetitive for a couple of years while we get the highest paid contracts over with - then this is preferable in my mind to taking a massive financial gamble. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

If you care then support the club and Stop whinging and moaning. It's not mandatory that you have take them up on this offer. FFS bed wetters R Us. This is not a political discussion either. My opinion is as valid as anyone else's. 

13 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Thats your opinion, fine. Fans also have the right not to bed wet at everything the club tries to do. The club also needs their valuation to be met before selling their assets. Anybody that agrees with selling for the sake of selling must be clueless. The Derby model hasn't worked either as they are still in the championship and are one of the clubs fighting for changes to FFP. Will be interesting if they dont go up this year as their current best players are all on loan to the club and not saleable assets. 

Shameless is fans slating DC while having no clue what it takes to run a football club. Just my opinion

12 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

I hope all these bedwetters don't start going to matches, be rivers of p!ss down the gangways lol

you guys/gals ever heard the term psychological projection ?    googled the remedy tenna ladies will do it    don't go to the club shop they will be  £30

• Haha 1