Jump to content


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

It’s all Chansiri’s fault is it ??

 

nowt to do with the Football Leagues pathetic P&S scheme ? Nowt to do with the football league making up the rules as it goes along ?  Nowt to do with the whole thing been an incompetent sham ? 

 

Anyone else any bright ideas to solve it ?

 

Determine probable income

 

Add on 13m

 

Equals costs you can spend

 

Determine playing and staff budget accordingly

 

Any Shortfall means you have to consider selling a player 

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

It’s all Chansiri’s fault is it ??

 

nowt to do with the Football Leagues pathetic P&S scheme ? Nowt to do with the football league making up the rules as it goes along ?  Nowt to do with the whole thing been an incompetent sham ? 

 

Anyone else any bright ideas to solve it ?

 

We could always sell a player or two, like most clubs do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Burnsie said:

69 pages

1867 pages

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

We could always sell a player or two, like most clubs do.

 

Yep.....it’s like we want our cake and eat it. Most fans are ready to accept a couple of player sales. Let’s get on a sustainable pathway and the sooner the better.

Edited by Morepork
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I find bizarre is the fact that there is not a flat fee for 1867. Someone on South pays 200 quidish more the a trumpet ont kop. Your season ticket costs this* so this* is what you pay to be in club 1867. Don't wanna bash the club but that's not right. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF and that's a big IF we ever got to the premier league i would have hoped we could have done something like Huddersfield have done regarding season tickets. As in making them cheaper as the money from reaching the promised land is so vast that ticket monies are irrelevant and so rewards the fans for their loyalty. I can't ever see this happening at our club under a owner who wants to charge top dollar for everything at the club wether that be season tickets, match day tickets, shirts, membership and even commentary on games. Add this to an owner who has changed our clubs badge, didn't want us to wear stripes, can't get a kit in the club shop to wear before Christmas and there is always going to be a massive divide between the owners and our fans.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Yep.....it’s like we want our cake and eat it. Most fans are ready to accept a couple of player sales. Let’s get on a sustainable pathway and the sooner the better.

 

Exactly. It's all well and good wanting to keep your better players, but when doing so pushes you into a transfer embargo, there comes a point where you probably need to accept a sale or two is necessary in order to freshen up an ageing squad whilst keeping the right side of the P&S rules.

 

Part of our problem has been failing to maximise our profit on players such as Forestieri when there was reported interest. Instead, we clung on to him, injuries bit, and now he's worth a fraction of what he once was. I really hope the club have learned from missed opportunities like that and will capitalise on Reach's recent form should any offers materialise. I'm not holding my breath, though...

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

Exactly. It's all well and good wanting to keep your better players, but when doing so pushes you into a transfer embargo, there comes a point where you probably need to accept a sale or two is necessary in order to freshen up an ageing squad whilst keeping the right side of the P&S rules.

 

Part of our problem has been failing to maximise our profit on players such as Forestieri when there was reported interest. Instead, we clung on to him, injuries bit, and now he's worth a fraction of what he once was. I really hope the club have learned from missed opportunities like that and will capitalise on Reach's recent form should any offers materialise. I'm not holding my breath, though...

 

Exactly.

 

The irony is, if Wednesday fans managed their personal finances in the same way the club are there would be nobody there on match day.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Morepork said:

Exactly.

 

The irony is, if Wednesday fans managed their personal finances in the same way the club are there would be nobody there on match day.....

 

'If you let me in for free today, I'll give you a signed Nigel Jemson gnome and an extra tenner if we reach the Premier League...'

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll say it again. Any money raised via this scheme won't go anywhere towards helping with P and S. The sums don't add up. We need millions. This brings in thousands at the most. 20k a week minimum on players like Abdi to sit on their arses. Every penny spent on this scheme goes towards that. Let's say he's got 24 weeks left on his contract. That's 400 grand. On 1 player. Who doesn't play. Add on Rhodes wages. Add on David Jones wages. There's around a million pounds to pay out on a handful of players who won't set foot on the pitch for us again this season. 

 

Anyone want to guess at how much this scheme will raise having seen the responses so far? 

 

Sell players. Sort out the corporate side. Get decent stock on the shop. Lower match day and season ticket prices to get more people spending. Sell more players if we have to. 

 

Every other club does it. Every other club is bound by the same rules in the league. No other club is offering hair brained schemes like this. It's an absolute joke and anyone who thinks it's a sensible way forward is as thick as a whale omelette. 

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all comes across very desperate, confusing and rushed.

 

This will not be the answer to our financial issues and will 100% be withdrawn unfortunately.

 

We have 2 options 

 

1. Sell players

 

2. Sell the ground/training ground

 

WAWAW

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be in minority’s who thinks this looks an attractive proposition for those that can afford the outlay. 

 

- If promoted the outlay is refunded through season tickets. 

 

- If not promoted season tickets discounted until promotion.

 

I mean other than affordability, I’m not sure why there’s the amount of negativity attached to it. I’m sure it’s not designed for the masses but rather a number in line with those that bought into multi year tickets. Not sure on how many that was but a few thousand people taking this out seemingly raises millions.  

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

 

Just staggering, every debate you get involved in you go around in circles, tie yourself in knots and then com out with a ridiculous comments that contradict yourself or like the one above that’s just bizzare. 

 

WE ARE NOT DEBT FREE , that’s what you said , your wrong, and now you are just talking testicles

Does Willow Owl work for in the club's PR department? Some of our recent press releases are in a similar vein to his posts - rambling, confusing etc etc

  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, my kop ticket last year was £455 (I think).

 

If I understand it, he's technically frozen prices for the 1867 bit and given a discount on future ones?

 

If I don't opt into the 1867 bit, what will next year be as a single year purchase do we reckon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I must be in minority’s who thinks this looks an attractive proposition for those that can afford the outlay. 

 

- If promoted the outlay is refunded through season tickets. 

 

- If not promoted season tickets discounted until promotion.

 

I mean other than affordability, I’m not sure why there’s the amount of negativity attached to it. I’m sure it’s not designed for the masses but rather a number in line with those that bought into multi year tickets. Not sure on how many that was but a few thousand people taking this out seemingly raises millions.  

 

Yep, if you can afford it then I suppose its worth doing. You get a prem season ticket etc. It puts money into the club. 

 

Thing is, it doesn't put enough in to make a difference. Our wage bill alone dwarfs any amount that will be raised before we've even considered getting back under FFP limits. If someone opts for the top package that pays 1 players wages for about 3 days. 1 player. 3 days. The sums being talked about don't add up. This won't solve any s and p issues. It won't solve any cash flow issues. It won't solve any revenue issues. Not when you look at the figures. 

 

Last meeting it was mentioned we were over FFP by 7 figures. That's 10million quid minimum. This won't even scratch the surface. 

 

Meanwhile we've got players sat on their arses taking a weekly wage that most people on the planet dream of. It's all backwards and none of it will make a difference. 

 

Sell. Some. Players. 

 

Reduce. The. Wagebill. 

 

That's the only way forward. 

 

This is pie in the sky unicorn stuff. 

Edited by latemodelchild
Add extra rantiness.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Yep, if you can afford it then I suppose its worth doing. You get a prem season ticket etc. It puts money into the club. 

 

Thing is, it doesn't put enough in to make a difference. Our wage bill alone dwarfs any amount that will be raised before we've even considered getting back under FFP limits. If someone opts for the top package that pays 1 players wages for about 3 days. 1 player. 3 days. The sums being talked about don't add up. This won't solve any s and p issues. It won't solve any cash flow issues. It won't solve any revenue issues. Not when you look at the figures. 

 

Last meeting it was mentioned we were over FFP by 7 figures. That's 10million quid minimum. This won't even scratch the surface. 

 

Meanwhile we've got players sat on their arses taking a weekly wage that most people on the planet dream of. It's all backwards and none of it will make a difference. 

 

Sell. Some. Players. 

 

Reduce. The. Wagebill. 

 

That's the only way forward. 

 

This is pie in the sky unicorn stuff. 

8 figures is £10m

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

What I find bizarre is the fact that there is not a flat fee for 1867. Someone on South pays 200 quidish more the a trumpet ont kop. Your season ticket costs this* so this* is what you pay to be in club 1867. Don't wanna bash the club but that's not right. 

It is bizarre. The press release states "core feature is inclusion in and receipt of" this book. The price in which depends where you choose to sit in the ground.

 

I'm sure as pointed out earlier it's sold in this way to be in line with P&S regulations, buts it still odd.

 

To follow this train of thought, he should consider charging more for food and drink on North / South than kop because tickets cost more, ergo customers are likely to be richer and have more disposable income!?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, addedtime said:

8 figures is £10m

So it is. In that case we were over by 8 figures then. That's what DC said I believe. 

 

This won't touch that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of a poll on this to gauge interest?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

So it is. In that case we were over by 8 figures then. That's what DC said I believe. 

 

This won't touch that. 

Completely agree. It's a complicated drop in the ocean.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...