Club 1867 Launch

1 hour ago, OwlLuke said:

Moreover this will just exacerbate cash flow problems down the line if many people took this up.

If say 10k people took up the 5 year plan, great, huge wad of money for the current season, but if you don't get promoted in that next season, then you have no cash coming in from those 10k for the next four years. Absolute madness. 

yeah, not sustainable

if the club wants to increase revenue then we need to get it from tons of events and sponsorships etc., I can't this scheme increasing revenue that much to make any difference

aren't pretty much all champ clubs in debt anyway? it's a daft situation

Edited by jomaco

Just now, TommyCraig said:

So what's the price for membership of 1867 then, can't all be different according to where you sit, I'm confused. 

You buy 1867 £455

Season ticket £455

sub total = £910.............................

but................(Drumroll)

You get a free season ticket when we get to the Prem!

• Haha 3

To elaborate further from my FFP comment.

Don't get me wrong, it's a batshit idea by anyone's standards. But I can't help thinking we can't solely blame the chairman for this, his arm has been twisted to do something daft because of the FFP rules.

The same rules that have done sod all to Bolton, Brum, Bournemouth and others...

Why can't we compete financially with premier League clubs if we have the money? 

Wolves, Brighton did...

Daft idea, daft FFP rules...

Another nail in the coffin for football.

EPL2 will be around the corner no doubt. 

12 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I don’t think DC has any interest in anything other than gambling with our club. 

He doesn’t want to build a sustainable championship club, he just wants another go on the roulette table with us in his search of owning a premier league club. And the only way he can have another go is with supporters getting him out of a mess he has caused with his abysmal transfer policy. 

Much as i like Chansiri as a chairman this has more than a grain of truth in it.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You buy 1867 £455

Season ticket £455

Oh, is that how the last one worked? Not so good then. 

Guest Bulgaria
10 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Playing devils advocate here, there's a lot to be said about how fair this league is with relegated teams and their parachute payments.

It forces teams that have been in this league a few years to spend, it isn't a level playing field to start with.

Leeds and Utd seem to be coping rather well.

Its not all about how much cash you have.   Remember Hudders, Brighton and i think Cardiff......did they have parachute payments? 

A wise transfer policy and good management is too underrated.

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You buy 1867 £455

Season ticket £455

when being the key word, we're on the way

what if it's premier league 2? does that count?

5 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

To elaborate further from my FFP comment.

Don't get me wrong, it's a batshit idea by anyone's standards. But I can't help thinking we can't solely blame the chairman for this, his arm has been twisted to do something daft because of the FFP rules.

The same rules that have done sod all to Bolton, Brum, Bournemouth and others...

Why can't we compete financially with premier League clubs if we have the money? 

Wolves, Brighton did...

Daft idea, daft FFP rules...

Another nail in the coffin for football.

EPL2 will be around the corner no doubt. 

The teams in this league you have mentioned e.g Bolton and Brum were sent into embargos. Forest and QPR were too. No one here was upset for them, especially QPR, when they were signing players like Julio Cesar. Its the rules. Its protected clubs from going into admin like they were in previous years. It creates sustainability and the idea that you have to mould your squad.  Buy and sell. Be smarter. The main thing that is qrong in my opinoion is that clubs thats have broken the rules and got promoted haven't been punished enough. Its wrong. But personally were only in a potential soft embargo so looks like we're getting off lightly. Our own fault. No one forced us to spend and not sell. Unsustainable way to run a club thats come back to bite us on the arse and looks like the fans will be the ones expected to dig us out of it.  

• Like 2

Just now, Bulgaria said:

Leeds and Utd seem to be coping rather well.

Its not all about how much cash you have.   Remember Hudders, Brighton and i think Cardiff......did they have parachute payments? 

A wise transfer policy and good management is too underrated.

Exactly this. Parachute payments haven’t helped Bolton, Blackburn, Reading, Portsmouth, Blackpool and many more, they’ve added to there issues because they tried to keep spending and then there debts really spiralled out of control. We are lucky we are capped at this 40m ish mark because if it was higher our problems could be worse. 

Look at teams in the premier league...

Watford, Wolves, Leicester, Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace, Southampton, Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield all weren’t receiving parachute payments when they gained promotion. Says it all really. 

2 hours ago, Dave DJ said:

So I’m slightly confused. I already bought a 5yr extension to my current 3yr season ticket that ends this season. So what it’s saying is I’ll get a 15% discount off the total price I paid for the 5yrs or is it 15% per season if I then pay another £2275 for the Club 1867 membership? For a “free” 5yr season ticket IF we hit the premier league?  

We are going to need rachael riley to pop down to explain this.:biggrin:

Am I reading the 1867 idea right I can purchase a one year deal and for every season we are in the championship until promotion so say 10 years I get a discount off my season ticket every single year not just 1 year.

This is going to cost the club a fortune.

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The teams in this league you have mentioned e.g Bolton and Brum were sent into embargos. Forest and QPR were too. No one here was upset for them, especially QPR, when they were signing players like Julio Cesar. Its the rules. Its protected clubs from going into admin like they were in previous years. It creates sustainability and the idea that you have to mould your squad.  Buy and sell. Be smarter. The main thing that is qrong in my opinoion is that clubs thats have broken the rules and got promoted haven't been punished enough. Its wrong. But personally were only in a potential soft embargo so looks like we're getting off lightly. Our own fault. No one forced us to spend and not sell. Unsustainable way to run a club thats come back to bite us on the arse and looks like the fans will be the ones expected to dig us out of it.  

I totally get what your saying, but to counter argue for both sides of the argument,no one will be stopping Huddersfield spending she's loads of they wanted, with the very real prospect they'll be in our league next season. 

Edited by danblakemore

3 minutes ago, jomaco said:

when being the key word, we're on the way

what if it's premier league 2? does that count?

Ahh..No...Premier league 2..otherwise known as "yer premium Championship"..brings in another version  of yer "1867" 

"We are pleased to announce version 3 of our 1867 initiative..For the relatively small outlay of £2000..the deeds to yer house ..and the rights to your childs future earnings...You get a free season ticket and/ or Pie (subject to DC discretion) should Sheffield Wednesday reach Premier league 1

Allied to this is "1867 version 3.5".....You pay £3000 and not only does our star player get the nuptial rights to your wife on YOUR honeymoon (deeds of house...children etc)..BUt

You get a free trip to the Champions league final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (should wednesday ever appear )

• Haha 4