Club 1867 Launch

Just now, H2Owl said:

I think we also may have created our own problem when Chansiri posted that statement right at the beginning of the January transfer window saying we're skint and most likely will break FFP - We're probably getting lowballed for Reach now that's public information. 

Good point...Its probably who will blink first....DC tries this to save him having to blink..I doubt he will.;... his f.ookin' eyes have been shut for 2 years

2 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

I think we also may have created our own problem when Chansiri posted that statement right at the beginning of the January transfer window saying we're skint and most likely will break FFP - We're probably getting lowballed for Reach now that's public information. 

Yep.

Completely undermined our negotiation position. 

Absolute amateur hour from the club, yet again. 

Who doesn't want to pay three grand plus for a book with your name in that no one can see and a free season ticket that you might get in the future depending on how much money the club can raise from a scheme dependent on how many stupid people take up a stupid offer about getting your name in a book that no one can see and a promise of a free season ticket that you might get in the future?

Edited by Adem Poric
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I am not sure you know I read it as you get 1 year free IF we go up next year and then it expires.

To be honest it has some aspects of what I have said we should do it in - ie the discounts. My theory was if you but a 1 year season ticket if you renew in the first phase you get the 5% discount and so on. They've basically incorporated this into a scheme where you don't get the original season ticket.

Hugely complex and I feel for the guy as he is struggling to get money in but I don't think this will prove popular or fruitful. He has too many people already on multi year season tickets.

Think we'll need to come up with another way.

Sell players

And I feel sympathy for the fans and not him

He caused the mess and is peddling crap to us with this scheme

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

Who doesn't want to pay three grand plus for a book with your name in that no one can see and a free season ticket that you might get in the future depending on how much money the club can raise from a scheme dependent on how many stupid people take up a stupid offer about getting your name in a book that no one can see and a promise of a free season ticket that you might get in the future.

When you put it like that - how do I sign up?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

From the Q&A

What happens if the Owls do not achieve promotion?

The scheme and all associated benefits will roll over until promotion is achieved.

It’s only a discount off the current prices though

Chances are if we stay in the Championship, future prices will just be increased by the minimum discount so you are back at square one

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

No they arent. We have a chairman that ignored the rules. Its not big old nasty ffp being hard on poor old Sheffield Wednesday. 

True, but also true ...........................................................big old nasty ffp being hard on about half the championship clubs but not the ones with parachute payments.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Chances are if we stay in the Championship, future prices will just be increased by the minimum discount so you are back at square one

Surely if its a percentage discount it's the same percentage off whatever the ST's go up to.

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep.

Completely undermined our negotiation position. 

Absolute amateur hour from the club, yet again. 

Didn't he also get heavily slated for not mentioning the last embargo, one of those damned if you do damned if you don't things.

The whole shambles is contradictory....Aimed for promotion....really aimed to avoid relegation.....Fans contribute very little to revenue...Yet we continue to ask fans to shell out more..

Ticket prices up to maintain a good squad....kids brought in , Westwood Hutch etc isolated....Its a walking contradiction of itself..The whole bloody billy smarts outfit...Honestly!

Sell reach, Sell bannan..sell FF ..whoever ...to get us back on a footing again

I understand we bllxed it up in the first 2 years...but I was grateful to DC for trying...Theres no harm in that..We went along with it

Now?

It just seems like a charade...continuing to do the same thing that doesn't f.ookin' work...time after time...

Its like a bloke building a fence wiv rubber nails and a really expensive hammer..and he keeps saying...

"What in f.ooks name is wrong with this f.ookin' hammer!!!"...but its his fence...and he employs all the f.ookers who are building the fence...and no bugger dare say owt...

We need a person in the boardroom with bloody turettes or summat...

"ITS THE RUBBER NAILS YOU SILLY SH *T!!!"........................................."ooops sorry boss shall I get another hammer?"

Wednesday fans aren't affluent...the majority of us..POTG is bloody ridiculous..been said time and time again, time and time again its ignored...

The reason we sell more season tickets is not because of the team...not because we believe all the sodding dreamery...smoke and mirrors and "Oh what a wonderful team etc"

Its because for the most part we are sh*t scared of POTG!!!!...

No doubt the club will not even have noticede this....They will look at Saeson tickets and think "We can up them a fair bit"...Thats when the wheels come off

Sell some sodding players DC and lets get on with it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If they increased a Kop season ticket by 15% every year for five years it could end up costing £1060. If they did that for the South Stand it would be £1475.

Unlikely

I don’t think DC has any interest in anything other than gambling with our club. 

He doesn’t want to build a sustainable championship club, he just wants another go on the roulette table with us in his search of owning a premier league club. And the only way he can have another go is with supporters getting him out of a mess he has caused with his abysmal transfer policy.