Club 1867 Launch

Ten years time inflation will be running at double digits. Pay for your premiership season tickets now and you’ll save yourself a bomb in ten years.

Quids in

:duntmatter:

Of course to benefit from this premise we’d have to not get promoted for ten years, which we more than likely won’t to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

Maths is not my strong point but basically if you buy an adult kop season ticket for say £450 you get £22.50 discount. So roughly we need to get promoted in the next 20 years to get that back???

You get your money back over 20 years IF we don't get promoted. After that you're "in profit".

IF we get promoted, you get your money back partly through previous year's discounts, but mainly through a FREE season ticket.

For those on a multi season deal at the time of promotion, the free season will be added to the end of your current deal.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I've bought the extension too - so I'm confused

I think this is for those who arent season ticket holders? Which I think is unbelivable - given I've just got a 5 year ticket, where is the repayment from the club for that? On the back of a 3 year on I've just had and countless years pre Chansiri? 

I am the same as you last year of my 3 year season ticket and bought a 5 year one that starts next season confused.

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Still not clear on this ^^^

so far as I can tell, there is nothing in built to stop the club from raising season ticket prices year on year to cancel out the discount?

It would still be a discount though wouldn’t it, assuming you’d buy one anyway.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

It would still be a discount though wouldn’t it, assuming you’d buy one anyway.

I suppose, but if you offer a discount through a membership scheme when you plan an increase in the regular price, it seems off. 

Would be much better to offer to freeze prices at this year’s level and offer a discount on that. 

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

so far as I can tell, there is nothing in built to stop the club from raising season ticket prices year on year to cancel out the discount?

Nothing stopping the club raising season ticket prices anyway.

Even if they did it seems the discount would still apply.

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

I suppose, but if you offer a discount through a membership scheme when you plan an increase in the regular price, it seems off. 

Would be much better to offer to freeze prices at this year’s level and offer a discount on that. 

But then everyone who hasn’t paid into the scheme benefits from it, which obviously would be great but kind of makes the scheme a bit pointless. Aren’t you just really asking for a bigger discount?

Club 1867 Decision tree

1. Have you got a lot of spare cash?

Yes - Go to item 2

No - Close thread and find something to blame on Liam Palmer

2. Are you desperate for away points? - Yes - Ebay the Stone Island slash out on Club 1867 - Milwall and Toytown away is yours forever

No - Points rich or home only fan - Go to item 3.

3. Have you got more money than sense?

No - Close thread

Yes - Your dreams have come true. Buy a 10 year Club 1867 ticket and dream the dream. Good luck WAWAW.

Edited by Peacenocchio
  • Haha 5

So given that according to mardiola we have players on 40k a week 

we will have to sell 20 Kop x 5 year 1867 packages to cover one week's wages  is that right ?

so to cover one player's wages for 3 months we need 240 people 

just how many thousand people does he seriously think will take this up tor will be able to take this up to be of any use whatsoever?

have i misread this ?

4 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The club still has to sell season tickets to those not in the 1867 scheme. They can't dual price. So the normal market forces (such as they apply to SWFC season tickets) prevents the club just raising prices to negate the discount.

We're still to get any sort of acknowledgement from the club around future strategy and direction, the last forum was obscene with threats from the owner that he would put the club up for sale. There wasn't anything coming from the club highlighting that we now understand the sustainability obligations and requirements going forward and that our business model would be aligned to meet criteria, ensuring we won't have any future embargoes

Call me a cynic but without that, who will invest in this sort of initiative ?

If cash did come in, the strategy and intentions looks the same as they did on day one

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

The club still has to sell season tickets to those not in the 1867 scheme. They can't dual price. So the normal market forces (such as they apply to SWFC season tickets) prevents the club just raising prices to negate the discount.

Why can’t they dual price? 

Freezing prices for those joining the scheme and offering discount on that is much more attractive. 

Also, let’s be realistic - this is all hypothetical and if enough people don’t join the FAQs state the scheme will be cancelled anyway. 

I can’t see there being more than a few dozen/couple of hundred people who will go for this. 

What happens next year if/when we’re still not promoted and are sailing close to FFP sanctions again then?

What scheme will we have to come up with to get the cash in for that?

...especially worrying considering that our main sources of revenue will have already been tapped (multi-year season tickets) or discounted (Club1867 members).