Club 1867 Launch

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

There has to be an expiry on it. It can't and it won't be valid forever.

From the Q&A

What happens if the Owls do not achieve promotion?

The scheme and all associated benefits will roll over until promotion is achieved.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

From the Q&A

What happens if the Owls do not achieve promotion?

The scheme and all associated benefits will roll over until promotion is achieved.

For 20 years though?

Nah sorry don't buy it.

Also if chansiri leaves doubt a new owner would honour it. In 15/20 years time.

21 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

No i think it means the following.

If you pay the 1 year price, then you get 1 years FREE season ticket WHEN we get promoted no matter when that is and until that time you get a 5% discount on the annual cost of a season ticket in the Championship (or league 1 etc) until we do get promoted (if ever).

The FREE season ticket however though isn't FREE because the 1 year cost you pay now is paying for it you are just offsetting money against FFP.

I am not sure you know I read it as you get 1 year free IF we go up next year and then it expires.

To be honest it has some aspects of what I have said we should do it in - ie the discounts. My theory was if you but a 1 year season ticket if you renew in the first phase you get the 5% discount and so on. They've basically incorporated this into a scheme where you don't get the original season ticket.

Hugely complex and I feel for the guy as he is struggling to get money in but I don't think this will prove popular or fruitful. He has too many people already on multi year season tickets.

Think we'll need to come up with another way.

14 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

DC been here 3 years and still hasn't got it's a working class city with low incomes. I thought our input in revenue made little difference yet here they go again trying to peddle a scheme that very few will be able to afford.

It's Hillsborough not Beverley Hillsborough!

It's frightening how out of touch our owner is with the common fan. I fear for our future if he honestly feels that this is a good idea that will have fans falling over themselves to take up.

33 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I've bought the extension too - so I'm confused

I think this is for those who arent season ticket holders? Which I think is unbelivable - given I've just got a 5 year ticket, where is the repayment from the club for that? On the back of a 3 year on I've just had and countless years pre Chansiri? 

Me too I really don't understand this or am I just being thick

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

For 20 years though?

Nah sorry don't buy it.

Also if chansiri leaves doubt a new owner would honour it. In 15/20 years time.

Why not, its contractual?

And I doubt DC will be leaving for a few years yet.

What happened with the share issue in 70s which gave iirc a £10 or £100 on ST? I'm sure an ex-shareholder could confirm, but didn't that carry on until 2010 and the MM takeover?

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Well this is clear as mud. We're told our input is financially worth nothing. We have players on between 20 and 40 grand A WEEK. Take Abdi for instance. Let's say he's on 20k a week. This means for every 40 people who take up this offer we can pay his wages for 1 week. For him to sit on his arse. 

If 10,000 people take up the offer, at 500 quid each that's 5million. Or to put it another way, 1million short of a Gary madine. 

Stop messing about with stuff like this. Sell some players, get the wage bill down, replace high wage earners with lower paid younger hungry players and get us moving in the right direction. Lower season ticket and match day prices to get more people through the door. Lower corporate hospitality costs to actually fill some boxes and generate some income. Get some stock in the shop that is affordable and profitable. Get more people spending rather than getting a few people spending more. 

Absolutely spot on........

3 minutes ago, s.armo said:

Me too I really don't understand this or am I just being thick

No your right, this is the kind of initiative people who bought the multi year season ticket should be getting.

This is aimed at the fans who don't have one but don't get a ST thrown in !

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Well this is clear as mud. We're told our input is financially worth nothing. We have players on between 20 and 40 grand A WEEK. Take Abdi for instance. Let's say he's on 20k a week. This means for every 40 people who take up this offer we can pay his wages for 1 week. For him to sit on his arse. 

If 10,000 people take up the offer, at 500 quid each that's 5million. Or to put it another way, 1million short of a Gary madine. 

Stop messing about with stuff like this. Sell some players, get the wage bill down, replace high wage earners with lower paid younger hungry players and get us moving in the right direction. Lower season ticket and match day prices to get more people through the door. Lower corporate hospitality costs to actually fill some boxes and generate some income. Get some stock in the shop that is affordable and profitable. Get more people spending rather than getting a few people spending more. 

Agreed, this season is a write off anyway, and we only need about 5 wins from 18 games to stay up, so sell Reach, FF, anyone else still worth a few quid, balance the books and start afresh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

This. But im certain Chansiri will never learn. 

• Thanks 1