Club 1867 Launch

One point I will make is why did going to a football match have to become so complicated? 

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Can we just go back to the good old days of buying an affordable season ticket or paying affordable prices on the gate without all these gimmicks.

SWFC making things difficult for themselves since forever

Spot on.

• Like 1

Just now, OwlLuke said:

Moreover this will just exacerbate cash flow problems down the line if many people took this up.

If say 10k people took up the 5 year plan, great, huge wad of money for the current season, but if you don't get promoted in that next season, then you have no cash coming in from those 10k for the next four years. Absolute madness. 

In my head thats kind of why we have stalled now. It was over the last 2 years that a bulk of supporters have committed to the longer term tickets. Therefore our current cashflow is lower than it should be. Don't believe that tge club will have banked the money and accessed it when needed each season. 

14 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If I brought a 1 year 1867 Membership for £455 when would Wednesday have to get promoted by for me to get a free Premier Season Ticket?

My reading of it is the free season ticket would roll over until the club is promoted. Eg if we don't get promoted for 5 years then you'll get your free season ticket then. However others seem to be reading it differently to me.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So you already have a 5 year extension.

I havent. 

Yet if i bought one tomorrow id also get free potential prem season tickets whereas you wouldn't because you bought yours before this scheme was invented. 

But I've got my next 5 years of STs secured whatever division we're in and am protected against any price rises - whereas for the same cost you're getting a promise of a Prem season ticket if we ever get there, if we stay in the Championship for 5 years you're still having to buy yours every year on top of the £2775 for this club 1867 thing less a small discount.

Or something like that. I don't know, I'm confused.  Can't we just scrap this scheme and sell Reach instead?

• Like 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

One point I will make is why did going to a football match have to become so complicated? 

Spot on.

If as im sure was stated in the recent disastrous meeting that ticket money is a drop in the ocean. Surely then wouldn't DC be better targeting more affluent fans/businesses and filling the executive boxes and gaining more sponsorship rather than finding more complicated ways to rid the working man/fan/family of their hard earned?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

But I've got my next 5 years of STs secured whatever division we're in and am protected against any price rises - whereas for the same cost you're getting a promise of a Prem season ticket if we ever get there, if we stay in the Championship for 5 years you're still having to buy yours every year on top of the £2775 for this club 1867 thing less a small discount.

Or something like that. I don't know, I'm confused.  Can't we just scrap this scheme and sell Reach instead?

It's just paying for 5 premier league season tickets now instead of in the future.

Similar to what you're doing right now, it's just there's a huge possibility that you're paying 2k for something which you may never get. 

Either way you're still paying for all your season tickets.

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Can we just go back to the good old days of buying an affordable season ticket or paying affordable prices on the gate without all these gimmicks.

SWFC making things difficult for themselves since forever

The most sensible thing I've read in a while, this is just so complicated & daft.

Just accept mistakes have been made & say we need to sell players.

You can't have it both ways Chansiri, say at the forum that our money contributes nothing, then next minute beg like this with worthless schemes, I dread to think the people who can't afford this who are doing it because they think Chansiri's emotional blackmail means that they should.... Do your job as an owner & sell some assets, not one player in our squad is irreplaceable 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

In my head thats kind of why we have stalled now. It was over the last 2 years that a bulk of supporters have committed to the longer term tickets. Therefore our current cashflow is lower than it should be. Don't believe that tge club will have banked the money and accessed it when needed each season. 

I think Chansiri is hoping there's enough uptake on this to solve FFP for another year, sell the club within that year then its someone elses problem. 

17 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The way i read is we'd have to go up next year for it to count.

No. You get 5-15% discount on your season ticket every year until we get promoted. Then you get a free season ticket. Then all benefits end.

So discounted season tickets forever, if we never get promoted, or just for next season if Brucie takes us up.

The question to ask is, do you feel 5-15% off plus maybe one free ST is worth the outlay? At the moment, I'm tempted.

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

No. You get 5-15% discount on your season ticket every year until we get promoted. Then you get a free season ticket. Then all benefits end.

So discounted season tickets forever, if we never get promoted, or just for next season if Brucie takes us up.

The question to ask is, do you feel 5-15% off plus maybe one free ST is worth the outlay? At the moment, I'm tempted.

There has to be an expiry on it. It can't and it won't be valid forever.