Club 1867 Launch

It’s better than the original idea but you will still have to advance the club a minimum of £455 for something that might never happen.

Seniors get a better price but falling well into that category myself I tend not to look too far a head.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

I don't get it.  I've already got a 5 year season ticket extension starting from next season, which cost the same as 5 years of this Club 1867 thing.  So they want me to pay the same price again...for what?

Your name in a book or summat - what else do you want for a few grand?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

I don't get it.  I've already got a 5 year season ticket extension starting from next season, which cost the same as 5 years of this Club 1867 thing.  So they want me to pay the same price again...for what?

So you already have a 5 year extension.

I havent. 

Yet if i bought one tomorrow id also get free potential prem season tickets whereas you wouldn't because you bought yours before this scheme was invented. 

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The way i read is we'd have to go up next year for it to count.

No i think it means the following.

If you pay the 1 year price, then you get 1 years FREE season ticket WHEN we get promoted no matter when that is and until that time you get a 5% discount on the annual cost of a season ticket in the Championship (or league 1 etc) until we do get promoted (if ever).

The FREE season ticket however though isn't FREE because the 1 year cost you pay now is paying for it you are just offsetting money against FFP.

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

so what happens if you buy a 3 year one, we get promoted then relegated straight away?

you just get 1 free season ticket but have to buy the next Champ one?

Yes but at a discounted Championship price presumably

Just now, Blatter said:

It’s better than the original idea but you will still have to advance the club a minimum of £455 for something that might never happen.

Seniors get a better price but falling well into that category myself I tend not to look too far a head.

I hate to say it but many older people who join are likely to be dead before they get a free Premiership season ticket.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Dave DJ said:

So I’m slightly confused. I already bought a 5yr extension to my current 3yr season ticket that ends this season. So what it’s saying is I’ll get a 15% discount off the total price I paid for the 5yrs or is it 15% per season if I then pay another £2275 for the Club 1867 membership? For a “free” 5yr season ticket IF we hit the premier league?  

I am an existing Multi-Year Season Ticket holder, how can I receive a discount on this or future years’ Season Tickets if we do not achieve promotion before my Multi-Year Season Ticket expires?

We will refund the equivalent discount. This will be based on the percentage of what you have already paid for that season (cost of Multi-Year Season Ticket/years of Multi-Year). You would need to apply for your refund at the Ticket Office.

From the FAQ's at https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/november/club-1867-faqs/

Just now, frastheowl said:

What happens if the required number of Club 1867 sales is not achieved?

The scheme will be cancelled and all supporters registered will receive refunds.

Wonder what the number required is?

This is what will end up happening imo. Even if I could afford to do this I don’t think I would, chucking money down the drain. 

• Like 1

Moreover this will just exacerbate cash flow problems down the line if many people took this up.

If say 10k people took up the 5 year plan, great, huge wad of money for the current season, but if you don't get promoted in that next season, then you have no cash coming in from those 10k for the next four years. Absolute madness. 

• Thanks 2