7 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Team for Chels:

Westwood

Palmer Lees Thorniley Fox

Hutch

Reach Bannan Boyd

Fletch  Joao

FF on bench. Winnall, Nuhiu, FF, Matias not bad attacking options from bench

Agree with the eleven, tho if Pudil was looking capable there’d be an argument to start him instead of Thorniley.

Also I’d be thinking 442, but definitely feel we should be “going for it” and not keeping 10 defenders behind the ball, as I don’t think that will achieve anything positive on the day 

13 hours ago, A12owl said:

Perhaps Fernando wasnt treated right by the previous manager/s and needs better managing than he has had before. I'm sure SB will know how to get the best out of all our players. They have all suffered under the management of JL in particular. 

If we get our Nando back then we should all be delighted. 

I wouldn't be so sure ,he couldn't get the best out of McCormack...…..

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

So Bruce is a rubbish manager then? What has McCormack done anywhere since?

A player with bigger opinion of himself .

Nando is a completely different type of person . If he stays injury free he will be a match winner for us . Who can't say they would love to see him bsck to his best .

Yeah, FF has no baggage at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

So Bruce is a rubbish manager then? What has McCormack done anywhere since?

A player with bigger opinion of himself .

Nando is a completely different type of person . If he stays injury free he will be a match winner for us . Who can't say they would love to see him bsck to his best .

now where did I say bruce was a rubbish manager?

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

What does it matter. If he is a good player accept any baggage . I really don't think there is much of a problem with him anyway.

He's a good bloke and on his day is one of if not the best players we have. 

I would rather have in in the team and helping us to win matches than sat watching from the naughty step. 

Cant remember when he was last good, thats the problem

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

I can remember more of Waddle than I can of Fessi, getting both him and Rhodes back would be like signing two new players, which would be the only way of putting them in the shop window, if that is what SB wants.

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Back end of last season after recovering from a knee injury. And beginning of this before getting injured. Short memories

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I wouldn't be so sure ,he couldn't get the best out of McCormack...…..

What's the similarities between FF and RM? 

If he's fully fit we need to see a new FF. He needs to show a better attitude, application and respect to both the club and the fans in the patience and money that continues to be invested in him. He also has to reflect that we could have sold him north of £10m and that value has now massively fallen.

FF is the type of player who needs an arm round the shoulder from the manager and be allowed the freedom on the pitch. Carlos did pretty well at getting the best from him while Jos got rid of every bit of confidence he had and totally restricted his game plus the injury hasn’t helped. Think Bruce could return him close to his best. 

Guest The Claw

Not sure if these are the regs?

(j) Temporary (loan) Transfers

(i) A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup

Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a

copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed

for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has

approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a

player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another

Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to

and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the

Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. The Association will not give

permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.

(ii) A player recalled, at any time prior to the date of the Round, to his original Club from

temporary (loan) transfer, in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement, may

represent his original Club. Such player may only play in postponed and replayed

matches if he had been recalled in time for the first match in accordance with subparagraph

(i) above and (iii) below as applicable.

(iii) A player on temporary (loan) transfer is eligible to compete if transferred by the

lending Club to the loaning Club after the date and time for player qualification for a

round but must have been eligible to play in the original tie.

(iv) Players on season “long term loan agreements”, are not considered “loan” players for

the purposes of the Rule, and are therefore eligible to play in the Competition.

23 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

What's the similarities between FF and RM? 

I've  no idea having never met either of them .....i'm  saying that just because bruce is coming it doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be able to handle FF any better than carlos or jos did....the poster I was replying to was sure he would and he may well may but I don't think it's cast in stone that  he will looking at the way he handled McCormack .......

Guest Willow Owl
25 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Such a strange thread. People seemingly not happy that an absolute quality player is coming back from injury and raring to go. Very odd folk.

This 100%.

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I've  no idea having never met either of them .....i'm  saying that just because bruce is coming it doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be able to handle FF any better than carlos or jos did....the poster I was replying to was sure he would and he may well may but I don't think it's cast in stone that  he will looking at the way he handled McCormack .......

Unless I've missed something, when did Carlos or JL ever say FF was difficult to handle.

Okay then, how did Bruce handle RM wrongly? 

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

Unless I've missed something, when did Carlos or JL ever say FF was difficult to handle.

Okay then, how did Bruce handle RM wrongly? 

Pretty much everything said on here negatively regarding FF turns out to have no substance to it