Forestieri

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

You must admit he is a player with a bit of baggage and is injury prone?

you say baggage id say character 

Injury prone... don't know definitely injured much more than we'd have liked last couple of seasons

Guest The Horse

What is this new attitude he needs to show?

He's been out injured for most of the 18 months and when he has been on the pitch, he's a bundle of enthusiasm and energy which rubs off on both the other players and the crowd.

I've never known him go hiding in a game.

Ever.

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Yeah, FF has no baggage at all.

A good man manager can handle that.

A perfect example would be that of Paolo Di Canio. Danny Wilson didn't have a clue how to manage him and as a result he ended up leaving us for a fraction of his worth. Harry Redknapp on the other hand was a completely different story, yes there were tantrums, I even remember one occasion he tried walking off the pitch mid match BUT Redknapp knew how to manage him and as a result Di Canio is a Hammers legend.

Fernando showed at the end of last season he's far from washed up and also in his appearances earlier this season (such as when he changed the matches after coming on against Ipswich and Millwall), if anyone can get the best out of him it's Steve Bruce.

21 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

A good man manager can handle that.

A perfect example would be that of Paolo Di Canio. Danny Wilson didn't have a clue how to manage him and as a result he ended up leaving us for a fraction of his worth. Harry Redknapp on the other hand was a completely different story, yes there were tantrums, I even remember one occasion he tried walking off the pitch mid match BUT Redknapp knew how to manage him and as a result Di Canio is a Hammers legend.

Fernando showed at the end of last season he's far from washed up and also in his appearances earlier this season (such as when he changed the matches after coming on against Ipswich and Millwall), if anyone can get the best out of him it's Steve Bruce.

Think your argument is flawed in that Paulo Di Canio was also managed by Fabio Capello and Giovanni Trapattoni two greats of football management and fell out with both these.
End of day when FF got sent off v Mansfield, Preston, had a fight with Winnall, went awol v Norwich the person who was responsible for those mistakes was FF no one else.

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think your argument is flawed in that Paulo Di Canio was also managed by Fabio Capello and Giovanni Trapattoni two greats of football management and fell out with both these.
End of day when FF got sent off v Mansfield, Preston, had a fight with Winnall, went awol v Norwich the person who was responsible for those mistakes was FF no one else.

The Mansfield players had something to do with it, Winnall had something to do with it and I dare say his agent had something to do with

the Norwich situation.  Apart from that you're spot on

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

So FF was blameless is these and other incidents? Talented player but certainly has a temprement problem and is injury prone.

is reacting to provocation (and we've seen him get far more of it than his fair share) as a competitive sport playing man really a temperament problem? not for me 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sonny said:

What a player

You can tell he’s raring to go too.

Well he will be. The cheeky monkey has just one game to play for a move.

20 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Ah yeah.

Can be bothered when it's against Chelsea. Would he have been available had it still been Brentford?

Yes, see above. 

18 hours ago, A12owl said:

Perhaps Fernando wasnt treated right by the previous manager/s and needs better managing than he has had before. I'm sure SB will know how to get the best out of all our players. They have all suffered under the management of JL in particular. 

If we get our Nando back then we should all be delighted. 

CC got it wrong, no perhaps about it. He should have got shot before the Norwich game. and kicked the cheeky monkey down the stairs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Someone who names themselves after a poo player and lambasts our good ones

James O'Connor was a player who had fizz all talent but worked himself to a standstill to carve out a career in the game and gave his all every time he played. 

4 hours ago, billyblack said:

Cant remember when he was last good, thats the problem

Even I can remember that he was cracking at the end of last season and I hate the flipping cheeky monkey.

Guest Willow Owl
36 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

So FF was blameless is these and other incidents? Talented player but certainly has a temprement problem and is injury prone.

The amount of stick he takes from opposition players I'm suprised he hasn't reacted more.

Winnall was loaned out as his part in the scuffle. Says it all really. 

He was wrong regarding the Norwich situation, but saw players coming in on bigger wages than him. Also Lees and Westwood i believe were rewarded with new improved contracts. Apologised and is still here so no one can fault his commitment to SWFC. 

He played with a knee injury towards end 2016/17 season, some games he could hardly walk. This season has had 2 bad hamstring injuries that could happen to anyone. As stated above he takes so much clog I'm suprised he hasn't missed more games. 

Players like Hutchinson, Westwood i would say are more injury prone. 

Guest LittleG
11 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I will finally forgive him and move on if he scores the winner on Sunday, well almost !!!!

Good lad!