Sammy, top man

Was in the chippy at Shrewsbury queuing up, when I heard a loud banging on the window turned around and there was Sammy with his mouth pushed up against the window with dribble running down the window.  Horrible sight it nearly put me off my chips.

Nearly.

Not the greatest story but for some reason its stuck in mind all these years.  

Shame he still doesn't still attend. 

• Haha 1

Whilst on leave took my German wife to Hillsborough onto Kop, she couldn't believe the noise and Sammy surfing above heads whilst, the 

song, I'll walk a million miles being sung, great times, great memories.

I remember a crowd of us going into the pump tavern after taking the Shoreham kop again in the 70s. Sammy exposed himself ( not a pretty sight) and one of the gay community stormed out slamming the pub door almost taking the door off the hinges!

• Haha 2

He used to go with the Hog's head pub in Hackenthorpe back in the late 70s early 80s , shared a van and coach with him a few times back then , was a scary sight when you were 15 , all the older lads used to egg him on to do daft things and he obliged , I'm sure there must be people on here who knew him much better than I did.

Remember him on our coach to Blackpool 1974 ( season before relegation to the old 3rd division) 2 of our lads had pulled two of the local lasses who were coming back to Sheffield with us.  Sammy is on the back seat and shouted out " Now then send crumpet down to back of coach". The girls turned round and almost fainted when they saw him!!

Guest The Claw
14 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Anybody remember the Darnall owls lot too ??... little Asian lad .. looked like a young prince naseem in them days ....had some good laughs and scrapes with them too ....

coach run by toddy

One of my earliest away matches was Scunthorpe in the FA cup. We went a goal down and Sammy was stood on the wall at the front of the away end beckoning everyone onto the pitch. We scored straight away, seem to think it was Ian Nimmo, and the pitch invasion was averted. A bit of an eye opener for a 12 or 13 year old lad but all part of what happened in those days.