Hector - wants a win for SWFC on Sunday

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/who-michael-hector-will-be-rooting-for-when-sheffield-wednesday-face-his-parent-club-chelsea-in-the-fa-cup-fourth-round-1-9547174

I think that tells you all you need to know about Hector's feelings towards Chelsea.

Sounds like he's really enjoying his time here.

I'd like to think if we can afford to sign him up, we will. 

5 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Now him and Lees are looking better, it’ll be very disappointing if we can’t keep him for financial reasons. 

It’d be Venancio all over again. 

Imagine Hector, Lees AND Venancio... That would have been some back three.

Guest addedtime
2 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

He was a smart loan signing. He's fitted in well and been the combative, commanding, ball playing centre back we needed. Hope we can eventually sign him permanently.

Well done Jos!!

Hector has a presence in our team having him hutch and fletcher through our middle gives us a bite and makes us physical. It’s hard to play through the middle now 

if we added pace and a bit more quality in our full back positions we will no doubt be contenders in my opinion 

Hector has been a solid signing - probably the only good thing Jos did.

For his benefit, Hector needs to get out of Chelsea in the summer and find a club where he can settle down, and I hope we can offer that. He's not even made an appearance for them since signing from Reading. 

If the amazing happened and we managed to beat Chelsea financially what would it be worth to us.

4th round prize money is £180,000, I think we get something like £150,000 for the match being on tv but what do we get 45% of the revenue from the gate too. This could be worth around £1/2million to us.

We manage to get past Chelsea and could maybe get a premiership tie at home or one of the big teams away.

Its all about the magic of the cup but we could help the FFP with a decent run.

So he is really cup tied v Chelsea then due to some Association clauses...

I really hope we'll see Hutch dropping to CB position for this match alongside Lees, someone who will shout and keep the defensive line in check. Without Hector there, I feel Lees may lapse and we need all hands on deck and 100% focus to enjoy this cup tie :)

If Hutch drops to CB, who can we put on as DM, guessing we'd play this 4-5-1? Or?

5 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Now him and Lees are looking better, it’ll be very disappointing if we can’t keep him for financial reasons. 

It’d be Venancio all over again. 

I think that’s what is going to be the outcome unfortunately, we’re heading for another short embargo, if we were going to sign him it would be this month 

so Hector can't play against Chelsea but when Derby played Chelsea earlier this season, they were allowed to play their loanees from Chelsea?? I know the rules, but Chelsea specifically allowed the players to play. So why not Hector? Not only is it unfair on us, and let's face it, it won't make a difference with the result, but it is unfair on Hector too. Talk about double standards

20 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

so Hector can't play against Chelsea but when Derby played Chelsea earlier this season, they were allowed to play their loanees from Chelsea?? I know the rules, but Chelsea specifically allowed the players to play. So why not Hector? Not only is it unfair on us, and let's face it, it won't make a difference with the result, but it is unfair on Hector too. Talk about double standards

You've not read the write up on the other end of the link have you? 

It's the F. A rules, not Chelsea, stopping him playing. 

The league Cup rules are different to the F. A cup one's, hence derby's players could play. 

"Although the Blues allowed loan stars Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori to play for Derby County against them in the Carabao Cup earlier this season, the FA Cup regulations are different. Rule 15 (j) (iv) states: "The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending club."

26 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Lampard factor????

• Thanks 1