All Wednesday

9 hours ago, vulva said:

Some really good bits, but a little repetitive. Every club in the country thinks they are the best fans etc etc. Difference is, a large % of our lot are obsessed about going on about it. 

I agree that our fans can go on about attendances and skew figures.

But it was a fans film based on capturing togetherness and fan experiences so that element was going to come through. Plus I enjoyed seeing our fans in Europe, that story from League Cup and the bit about young lads killed was poignant. There are plenty of interviews with ex players etc on You Tube. 

9 hours ago, vulva said:

To be honest, I don’t rate it. 

Find it a little bit cringeworthy. Too many interviews with fans talking about big crowds, noise etc. Gets boring after a while. We are a big club, let’s move on. 

Would have been far better if they’d interviewed players, managers etc. 

So glad someone else said something else other than being overwhelming positive.  I reckon you could switch the name Wednesday on the DVD with most english football clubs.

Yes we turn out in great numbers and were generally not one of the nasty clubs that wallow in our aggression but it sounds like an advertisement.

The interviews are heartbreaking but they would still be heartbreaking if they weren't Wednesday fans.  Other than that the only story was the trip to Exeter in the snow.  Yea and we'll be doing it again next week.

Yes Wednesday are incredibly special to us but so is every club to every fan.

I was also a bit dissapointed that it ended with promotion back to the Championship and didn't even mention the footballing rollercoaster headed by CC and DC that happened afterwards.  The most amazing times I've had at Hillsbrough in many a year.

It definatly does remind me of how much I love away games and some of the footage is hilarous. But i've seen it many times on other youtube vids. 

We laughed when it said we walked out of Derby in 2000 in silence.  I was shamefully ranting at Derby fans and the Wednesday fans were fighting amoungst themselves as we were herded onto buses.

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

So glad someone else said something else other than being overwhelming positive.  I reckon you could switch the name Wednesday on the DVD with most english football clubs.

Yes we turn out in great numbers and were generally not one of the nasty clubs that wallow in our aggression but it sounds like an advertisement.

The interviews are heartbreaking but they would still be heartbreaking if they weren't Wednesday fans.  Other than that the only story was the trip to Exeter in the snow.  Yea and we'll be doing it again next week.

I was also a bit dissapointed that it ended with promotion back to the Championship and didn't even mention the footballing rollercoaster headed by CC and DC that happened afterwards.  The most amazing times I've had at Hillsbrough in many a year.

It definatly does remind me of how much I love away games and some of the footage is hilarous. But i've seen it many times on other youtube vids. 

We laughed when it said we walked out of Derby in 2000 in silence.  I was shamefully ranting at Derby fans and the Wednesday fans were fighting amoungst themselves as we were herded onto buses.

Loved the film. But yes I remember carnage after that 3-3, probably angriest Ive ever been at a match too

I watched it for the first time yesterday 

I see no point in being critical I congratulated Matt and meant it   was it perfect from my point of view  probably not, was it Matts view  and that of his commentators yes 

but I love all things SWFC as most of us on here do  One person I would like to sponsor  for a  definitive SWFC film would be @dunsbyowl  whose searches into history are wonderful and perhaps something I would have liked to see more of along with interviews  with any legends living and any from the past that already are out there to be collated 

In fact I would be prepared to contribute should such a video be made 

Just now, unkastav said:

Loved the film. But yes I remember carnage after that 3-3, probably angriest Ive ever been at a match too

Yea I think everyone collectively lost their minds

Even now when were 2-0 up on 90 minutes we can't celebrate and still say remember Derby.  Scared for life.

Personally, I loved it.

I definitely do understand those who say every club think they’re the best club with the best fans and I agree that sometimes we go over the top with it.

I think it brings home more than anything the whole range of emotions you go through as a supporter. You can go through really bad times and still find something to laugh about and remember fondly.

I have 5 kids and have taken them all as youngsters, though only one remained a regular with me till circumstances dictated we could no longer go. We had some great days both home and away and I treasure those now.

I think the film embraces the whole family thing. Most of us start with our Dads and then make friends with random people you sit  or stand next to on matchdays.

You form a bond with people and I think that’s what it shows you and that can’t be bad , can it ?

• Like 1

Beautifully shot and framed throughout. Visually it looked absolutely gorgeous, and sounded great too.

I wasn't sold on the fluctuating chronology to be honest. Just as the film settled into one timeline, it would suddenly jolt the viewer into a completely different decade. I appreciate it was deliberate, but it felt a little dislocating and jarring to me.

Well done to Matt though, he captured some thoroughly lovely moments. I'm surprised it went straight from DVD to YouTube. Think the club could have made it available as a download first to help raise a bit more cash for the charity. 

11 hours ago, vulva said:

Find it a little bit cringeworthy. Too many interviews with fans talking about big crowds, noise etc. Gets boring after a while. We are a big club, let’s move on. 

You could be in the minority there Vulva.

I’m less bothered with the player interviews... they are transient employees.... the fans will always be there and their views and experiences are seldom aired.

I’ve heard dozens of player interviews but I ain’t seen many of those fascinating fan stories.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vulva said:

As a piece for youtube it's decent.

The thing is we are used to absolute tripe being produced by the club, so anything above that is lauded.

I applaud anyone that does something to increase the profile of the club and i appreciate the effort and dedication gone into it

It does seem a bit Look Northish though

• Haha 1

Enjoyed it as a Wednesday fan but can't really recognise it on the same level if praise as is flowing here.

As an overall film it was good at best and got very repetitive over time. Tighter editing would have helped.

Like reading a biography of your favourite player. You enjoy it because of the emotional attachment, but it isn't good enough to transcend your fandom into the wider world of quality work on football.

On the other hand, it is clearly a Labour of love and as such, they can be proud of what they achieved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

well it would'nt be owlstalk if someone didn't agree now would it......so for the sake of balance, i'm happy to inform you that you are talking absolute crap and if you wern't moved in anyway by watching that then its time to start watching cricket instead pal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

well it would'nt be owlstalk if someone didn't agree now would it......so for the sake of balance, i'm happy to inform you that you are talking absolute crap and if you wern't moved in anyway by watching that then its time to start watching cricket instead pal.

But he did say he was moved. He mentioned how heartbreaking the interviews were, and it was actually a fair, balanced comment.

What a bizarre reaction. BruceStickerPipe.jpg.7b641e15b601850d776681ca17c9ef78.jpg