All Wednesday

I thought it was good, but not as great as I had been led to believe.

It may be a generational thing but there was too much about recent times and a lot of the ones being interviewed looked about the age of my lad.

Agree about the look on that little lads face being priceless, and also agree about the overused plinky plinky sad piano music.

3 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I thought it was good, but not as great as I had been led to believe.

It may be a generational thing but there was too much about recent times and a lot of the ones being interviewed looked about the age of my lad.

Agree about the look on that little lads face being priceless, and also agree about the overused plinky plinky sad piano music.

What sort of fans should have been interviewed?

The focus on 66 cup final and league cup (28 years ago) not far enough back?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

What sort of fans should have been interviewed?

The focus on 66 cup final and league cup (28 years ago) not far enough back?

If you read what I said......... "It may be a generational thing but there was too much about recent times and a lot of the ones being interviewed looked about the age of my lad.

Its the balance that was wrong for me personally, but for my son, it would be about right.

p.s. I saw it on Youtube yesterday and there was zero about the 66 cup final. The 61 season yes, but nothing on the 66 cup final.

36 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

If you read what I said......... "It may be a generational thing but there was too much about recent times and a lot of the ones being interviewed looked about the age of my lad.

Its the balance that was wrong for me personally, but for my son, it would be about right.

p.s. I saw it on Youtube yesterday and there was zero about the 66 cup final. The 61 season yes, but nothing on the 66 cup final.

well 61 is even further back.... ( and covers me getting mixed up)

who should have been interviewed and what should they have talked about

genuine question

5 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

well 61 is even further back.... ( and covers me getting mixed up)

who should have been interviewed and what should they have talked about

genuine question

The 66 cup final was a fairly important event that appears to have been ignored (if my Smart TV and the YouTube video are to believed)...and more interviews about the dark dark days of the 70’s and Wilkinson turning it all round.

38 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

The 66 cup final was a fairly important event that appears to have been ignored (if my Smart TV and the YouTube video are to believed)...and more interviews about the dark dark days of the 70’s and Wilkinson turning it all round.

He mentioned he had to edit loads to fit into a documentary.

Maybe it didnt make the cut?

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Hi, yeah I did want to put in some of the ‘66 final as a couple of people mentioned it, but it was too expensive to license the footage. I was self-funding and couldn’t stretch to the licensing fee. As for the 70s and Wilkinson, I admit it wasn’t my era so wasn’t all that clued up and of all the people I chose to interview, no one tended to mention it. Maybe an oversight on the selection of candidates but I couldn’t choose all submissions and had to draw a line somewhere as I only had 3 months to get it ready in time for September 4th. Cheers for the feedback though. Will try and cover more periods if I get chance to do another in the future. Matt.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

But he did say he was moved. He mentioned how heartbreaking the interviews were, and it was actually a fair, balanced comment.

What a bizarre reaction. BruceStickerPipe.jpg.7b641e15b601850d776681ca17c9ef78.jpg

Really?

he doesn’t. He thinks it much the same as any club, likes going to away games and that it was a bit poo after the derby match.

me having the temerity to admit I liked is hardly bizarre.

30 minutes ago, owl4life18672 said:

Hi, yeah I did want to put in some of the ‘66 final as a couple of people mentioned it, but it was too expensive to license the footage. I was self-funding and couldn’t stretch to the licensing fee. As for the 70s and Wilkinson, I admit it wasn’t my era so wasn’t all that clued up and of all the people I chose to interview, no one tended to mention it. Maybe an oversight on the selection of candidates but I couldn’t choose all submissions and had to draw a line somewhere as I only had 3 months to get it ready in time for September 4th. Cheers for the feedback though. Will try and cover more periods if I get chance to do another in the future. Matt.

Give the Wilko era the Matt treatment his you get the chance?

11 minutes ago, steelowl said:

one thing i learnt from that film is that granada kept showing the after match stuff, whilst we had fecking monster trucks  -does any granada footage exist ? love to see it even now 

Pretty sure Yorkshire was the only region which didn't show it.