All Wednesday

Thought it was really good - even managed to get on there in a mexican outfit at Brentford in the 2012 promotion season

Just couldn’t believe there wasn’t a small amount of time dedicated to 40,000 fans at cardiff - only league 1 promotion but what a day that was!

To be honest, I don’t rate it. 

Find it a little bit cringeworthy. Too many interviews with fans talking about big crowds, noise etc. Gets boring after a while. We are a big club, let’s move on. 

Would have been far better if they’d interviewed players, managers etc. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Find it a little bit cringeworthy. Too many interviews with fans talking about big crowds, noise etc. Gets boring after a while. We are a big club, let’s move on. 

Think they are plenty of films about the manager and players.

I have seen the goals and interviews of our big games that often I know then almost off by heart.

Yes the DVD was nostalgic but thats what many people enjoy myself included.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think they are plenty of films about the manager and players.

I have seen the goals and interviews of our big games that often I know then almost off by heart.

Yes the DVD was nostalgic but thats what many people enjoy myself included.

Some really good bits, but a little repetitive. Every club in the country thinks they are the best fans etc etc. Difference is, a large % of our lot are obsessed about going on about it. 

Watched it this morning, lost count of the number of games I've been to that are in the film, but it was a lot, wonderful memories, some good, some not so, but that's the Wednesday way, I really rate this film, and I will be buying the dvd as a result, yes, I also suffered from getting something in my eye..wonderful.

8 minutes ago, Stalybridge Owl said:

Watched it this morning, lost count of the number of games I've been to that are in the film, but it was a lot, wonderful memories, some good, some not so, but that's the Wednesday way, I really rate this film, and I will be buying the dvd as a result, yes, I also suffered from getting something in my eye..wonderful.

It's those rumblezoids who insist on cutting onions mate lol

32 minutes ago, vulva said:

Inclined to agree

Loads of fans being interviewed with sad piano music in the background

6/10

I'm glad I saw this if for little else than seeing the footage of that little lad going to his first game with his dad.

When that little face lit up in awe... that is a face we all know. Brought back memories I'm sure in all of us of the first time we ever saw that pitch  the inside of the stadium for the first time and the masses of humanity filling it.

Wonderful emotion capturing shot that captures that moment

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Thought it was really good - even managed to get on there in a mexican outfit at Brentford in the 2012 promotion season

Just couldn’t believe there wasn’t a small amount of time dedicated to 40,000 fans at cardiff - only league 1 promotion but what a day that was!

Have you watched it since the showroom / uni showings? An extra 20 mins of footage has been added in showing Cardiff, Brighton and Hull games.

Fantastic film... made with an insightful affection that can only really come from a proper fan. 

I watched it twice... once on my own and again with my wife. Spotted myself on the away end at Exeter !

It does give you a warm glow to be part of the Wednesday family.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Ah right no i watched it at Sheff Uni, il watch it again! cheers

Yeah the plan was always to add those sections in, I just ran out of time when getting it ready for the screenings so had to leave them out until the dvd / YouTube release. They come into it about an hour in just after the BDM section. Cheers, Matt.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm glad I saw this if for little else than seeing the footage of that little lad going to his first game with his dad.

When that little face lit up in awe... that is a face we all know. Brought back memories I'm sure in all of us of the first time we ever saw that pitch  the inside of the stadium for the first time and the masses of humanity filling it.

Wonderful emotion capturing shot that captures that moment

It's a bit fuzzier now but If I shut my eyes I can see 'that moment' I saw what i thought was a massive grass field with a brass band marching up and down - I hadn't a clue what i was watching really when the football started but the atmosphere and noise was amazing  - like everyone I would pay anything to watch a match with my dad again :sad:

• Like 3

I really enjoyed it, but I also have some sympathy with Vulva’s comments. I think it could have been even better with some interviews from ex players and managers.  That said if the film makers sole mission was to produce a film purely from the fans perspective he did a good job; there were certainly plenty of moments when I felt quite emotional.